What type of cars do all are members drive?

garyhoov

Trophy Husband
Originally posted by WDWFREAK53
Ok...Motor Trend has done a comparison for us Gary :)

Thanks! Is that just out? I haven't seen it yet. At this point, I probably won't buy anything until at least 2004, so I'm anxious to see:

The US spec Lotus Elise!
The new Corvette
The redesigned Boxster (though I've heard rumors that it may not be much)
The Z5
The Crossfire
Potentially updated (more power) variations of the Audi TT

It would be hard to take the Boxster over the Z4 at the moment if for no other reason than it's a (7 year old?) design vs a totally new design. I still love the concept of mid-engine, and on that, the only options are the Boxster and Elise (even the more expensive Porshes don't have the ideal engine placement of the Boxster)

tenchu

Now here is a supercar for you

£50000?

And from what i hear, this thing will ________ all over an elise and most porches too.

Noble M12 GTO-3
Compare with other cars MSRP: 47950 GBP
Model Year: 2003
Type: Coupe

Engine Fuel & Wastage
Engine 3l
Performance in Horsepower / kW 340 / 254

Transmission Manual
Engine Size (cc) 2967

Number of Cylinders 6
Number of Valves per Cylinder 4

Configuration V
Maximum Horse Power 340 @

Maximum Power kW / RPM 254 @
Maximum Torque Nm 461 @

Drive Wheels Rear
Maximum Speed

Acceleration (0 - 100 km/h) 3.9 seconds
Unleaded

Security
Limited slip differential
Four disc brakes including four ventilated discs

Top Standards Interior Dimensions
Ventilation system
Power steering
Leather covered steering wheel
Luxury trim alloy on gearknob, suede on gearlever skirt, alloy on centre floor console, leather on doors and alloy on dashboard
Top Audio Standards
Seating: two seats

External Dimensions
Overall Length (mm) 4089
Overall Width (mm) 1828

Overall Height (mm) 1143
Wheelbase (mm) 2438
Front track (mm) 1520

Rear track (mm) 1500
Transport & Weight
Weights: gross vehicle weight rating 1,251, gross vehicle weight rating 2,758, kerb weight 1,050 and kerb weight 2,315

Equipment Warranty
Racing driver and passenger Seat
Suede Seat upholstery with additional suede
Front alloy wheels with 18 inch rim diam, 8.5 inch rim width and partial wheel covers , rear alloy wheels with 18 inch rim diam, 10 inch rim width and partial wheel covers
Gloss paint
Full plastic non-corrosive body
Body colour front and rear bumpers
Black lip front spoiler , black wing boot/hatch spoiler
Windscreen wipers
Front tyres with 225 mm tyre width, 40% tyre profile and Z tyre rating , rear tyres with 265 mm tyre width, 35% tyre profile and Z tyre rating

Attachments

• 2co.jpg
    2co.jpg
    5.9 KB · Views: 23

garyhoov

Trophy Husband
I like it! But with the price (and I don't think it will be available in the US anythime soon), it falls into the class of: "Really cool cars that are fun to look at and read about, but I won't own unless I win the lottery."

The Lotus is the car I've really wanted since it was introduced in the UK. I had sort of crossed it off my list, because I was afraid there was absolutely no storage space, but I saw a photo that showed there is a reasonably sized storage space behind the engine. Enough for a small suitcase or two.

They're supposed to be here this summer. Right now my closest Lotus dealer is about an hour's drive away, so that could be a big negative, but I'm hoping the model might be popular enough for a closer dealer to sign on.

Do you know anything about reliability on them? Do you think I'll be OK with a dealer that isn't too close, or will I likely have a lot of problems for the dealer to address?

WDWFREAK53

Gary...Motortrend also did a little breakdown of the new Panoz Esperante (you might be interested...I don't care for it that much though...and I got the vibe that MT didn't "jump for joy" over it either)

tenchu

Originally posted by garyhoov

The Lotus is the car I've really wanted since it was introduced in the UK. I had sort of crossed it off my list, because I was afraid there was absolutely no storage space, but I saw a photo that showed there is a reasonably sized storage space behind the engine. Enough for a small suitcase or two.

They're supposed to be here this summer. Right now my closest Lotus dealer is about an hour's drive away, so that could be a big negative, but I'm hoping the model might be popular enough for a closer dealer to sign on.

Do you know anything about reliability on them? Do you think I'll be OK with a dealer that isn't too close, or will I likely have a lot of problems for the dealer to address?

To tell the truth, i don't think they are very well known for their reliability. I think they're the sort of car that tends to get a few ling wee problems. I believe they have been getting better since they released the Mark II though.

Any idea what sort of spec you might be getting over there?

This has a few reviews:
http://www.topgear.com/servlet/tg?D...10&condition=new&MAKE=Lotus:C5&MODEL=Elise:A5

Look on that sites main page too. Got an article about the TT V6 as well.

I'm looking for a survey of new cars in britain. I'll put that up when i find it.

:wave:

garyhoov

Trophy Husband
Thanks! That's fantastic! They're calling it the "Federal" Elise from what I know, and I've heard it's getting a new 2.2 liter engine. That's about all I know.

Thanks again!:sohappy:

WDWFREAK53

Well, the Hummer H2 SUT (Sport Utility Truck) will be put into production

And...In 2005/2006 watch for the first production models of the Hummer H3 (Hummer based on the Trailblazer/Envoy)

DMC-12

It's HarmonioUS, NOT HarmoniYOU.
And...In 2005/2006 watch for the first production models of the Hummer H3 (Hummer based on the Trailblazer/Envoy)

Is there a pic of it anywhere Bri?

Gary... Any word on a price for the Crossfire yet?

garyhoov

Trophy Husband
Originally posted by DMC-12
Is there a pic of it anywhere Bri?

Gary... Any word on a price for the Crossfire yet?

NO!!! I keep checking. Based on everything I've seen and heard, I'm guessing it's going to start around 36K.

WDWFREAK53

This is a very early concept of the H3 SUT (not the H2 SUT)

I hope it doesn't look like this...I like the round headlights MUCH better...

Attachments

• h3 pickup.jpg
    h3 pickup.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 28

WDWFREAK53

Looks like the year of 2005 will also be the return of another fan-fave car...

(After a 20+ year absence...the return of....)

*drumroll please*

THE MG!!!

WDWFREAK53

To compete with Hummer...Toyota and Jeep each have vehicles coming out in 2005...Here's the...

Jeep Commander:

Attachments

• jeep commander.jpg
    jeep commander.jpg
    17.9 KB · Views: 26

Brett

Well, I totalled my '95 Ford Mustang about 2 months ago and now I'm behind the wheel of a silver '02 Chrysler Sebring.

tenchu

Looks like the year of 2005 will also be the return of another fan-fave car...

(After a 20+ year absence...the return of....)

*drumroll please*

THE MG!!!

What kind of MG's are you getting?

There has been lots of changes now that MG-Rover is no longer ownered by BMW. (But they did keep the Mini.)

(And sold off landrover. :brick: )

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom