What type of cars do all are members drive?

WDWFREAK53

Originally posted by jeffs10
Is the grand prix g-force a concept car? I really like the look do you have any engine specs or more info?

Also that mazada is really nice almost like the nissan. Do you have any specs on that car i never heard of it untill now.

jeff

Yes, the G-Force is a concept for NOW...but it is probably going to be put into production in the 2004 model year. The Mazdaspeed is available now and only comes in Mazdaspeed Orange.

Ok...G-Force:
Supercharged V-6 (280hp) 280lbs-ft of torque.
The manual shifter are controlled on top of the steering wheel (like in F1 cars). (Oh...by the way...the pic that I posted does NOTHING for this car...it is BEAUTIFUL inside and out)

As for the Mazdaspeed: ENGINE & ELECTRICAL
Engine Type 2.0L DOHC 16-Valve I4 with Turbocharger and Intercooler
Horsepower, SAE net 170 @ 6000 rpm
Torque, SAE net 160 @ 3500 rpm
Redline TBD
Displacement (cubic inches) 121.4
Bore x Stroke (inches) 3.26 x 3.62
Compression Ratio 9.1:1
Fuel System Multi-port electronic fuel injection
Recommended Fuel Premium Fuel Only
Minimum Fuel Requirement TBD
Valvetrain 4 valves per cylinder, mechanical lifters
Engine Block Cast Iron
Cylinder Heads Aluminum Alloy
Emission Control Single 3-way catalytic converter
Ignition System Full transistor breakerless electronic
Alternator 12V-80AH
Battery 50D 20L
Starter 12V-1.0 kw.

DRIVETRAIN
Type FWD
Transmissions M/T 5-speed manual
A/T NA
Clutch Type M/T Manual Transmission with heavy duty clutch & pressure plate
A/T NA

GEAR RATIOS:)1) 5-SPEED MANUAL
First 3.307
Second 1.842
Third 1.310
Fourth 0.970
Fifth 0.755
Reverse 3.166
Final Drive 4.105

CAPACITIES
Crankcase 3.9QT
Engine Coolant 7.9QT
Fuel Tank Capacity (gallons) 14.5
EPA Passenger Volume (cubic feet) 92.6
EPA Cargo Volume (cubic feet) 12.9
EPA Total Volume *(cubic feet) 105.5
EPA Vehicle Size Category Compact

CHASSIS
Body Type 5-passenger, 4-door sedan; monocoque unit
Front Suspension Racing Beat-Tuned Indepenent Strut-Type with Strut-Tower Brace, Coil Springs with Increased Spring Rates, Tokico Shock Absorbers, and Larger (25mm) Stabilizer Bar
Rear Suspension Racing Beat-Tuned Indepenent Strut-Type with Twin Trapezoidal Links (TTL), Coil Springs with Increased Spring Rates, Tokico Shock Absorbers, and Larger (20mm) Stabilizer Bar
Shock Absorbers Telescopic, double acting
Steering Type Rack-and-pinion
Power Assist Engine-rpm sensitive; variable power-assist
Overall Steering Ratio 15.4:1
Steering Wheel Turns-to-Lock 2.7
Turning Circle, Curb-to-Curb (feet) 34.1 feet
Braking System Power assist
Front Brakes Hydraulic, Dual-Circuit, European-Spec Ventilated Front Disc 10.8 in.
Rear Brakes European-Spec Solid Rear Disc 11.0 in. with High-Friction Brake Pads
ABS 4-Sensor, 3-Channel w/EBD
Parking Brake Mechanical, hand-operated on rear wheels
Wheels Racing Hart 7.0JJ x 17
Tires Bridgestone Potenza RE040 215/45ZR17 Z-Rated Uni-Directional
Tire Inflation Pressure (F/R) 32 psi/32psi
Temporary Spare Wheel 15X4T
Temporary Spare Tire TBD
Curb Weight (Federal spec) M/T 2843 lbs.
A/T NA

EXTERIOR DIMENSIONS
Wheelbase (inches) 102.8
Track, Front (inches) 57.2
Track, Rear (inches) 57.4
Length (inches) 174.6
Width (inches) 67.1
Height (inches) 55.5
Minimum Ground Clearance (laden) 5.5
Weight Distribution, % front:rear 63:37
Coefficient of Drag (Cd) 0.32

INTERIOR DIMENSIONS (w/o moonroof)
Headroom (inches) Front: 39.3; Rear:37.4
Leg Room (inches) Front: 42.2; Rear: 35.4
Shoulder Room, (inches) Front: 53.9; Rear: 53.4
Hip Room, Front/Rear (inches) Front: 51.7; Rear: 49.1
Rear Knee Clearance (inches) TBD

WDWFREAK53

thanks WDWFREAK53

any luck with the exshaust on your truck?

jeff

holding off for a bit...but thanks for the link.

(See, after going to the AutoShow (which is DANGEROUS!) :lol:
I may hold off doing anything to it and trade her in)

See...heh heh heh...I went with my dad...and we've come up with a plan :)

Ok, well my parents have 2 jeeps and a company vehicle...(a 97 Wrangler (which I posted a pic of) and a 97 Grand Cherokee)...my mother wants either a Hummer H2 or an Escalade (Avalanche version)...So...my dad came up with a plan...They'd sell the 2 jeeps...and I'd sell my truck. My mom would get her SUV...(my dad still has the company truck)...and I would get a AWD Matrix or Vibe or WRX or something along those lines...and then my dad and I would go halfs on the Z4. (See, we wouldn't want to rack up the miles on the Z4 so it would be a seasonal driver). (I'd have to sell my truck because there is NO WAY that I could afford to pay for my truck and half of the Bimmer with all of my other priorities)... *takes breath*

Now that I've confused ALL of you...
So, the Z4 may possibly become a reality around April.

WDWFREAK53

Gary...I checked up on that question you had asked me about the rear window of the Z4.

Yes, it comes standard with a heated rear GLASS window.

garyhoov

Trophy Husband
Originally posted by WDWFREAK53
Gary...I checked up on that question you had asked me about the rear window of the Z4.

Yes, it comes standard with a heated rear GLASS window.

Thanks! Did they have the Pontiac Solstice at the show? Have you heard any production rumors?

WDWFREAK53

SADLY ENOUGH...there was NO Solstice (which I love by the way) and I believe they have axed it...but...you will see some of the same design cues in the upcoming GTO and an UNNAMED concept vehicle.

The concepts that were there...

Chevy SSR (you'd like it Gary...it's a 2 seater hardtop convertible retro pickup...with a sweet Chevy V-8...(Think Corvette power).

Dodge Super8 Hemi...(put it this way...it made my jaw drop)

Infiniti...the odd looking car from Minority Report.

Jeep Commander...(If I had my way...there would be NO GRAND CHEROKEE...this WOULD be built)

Pontiac G-Force (which I already talked about)

Hummer H2 SUT (the pickup version)

Nissan Murano (odd looking SUV...but it'll sell)

I know I'm missing some but that's all that I can remember right now.

Attachments

• ssr exterior2.jpg
    ssr exterior2.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 52

garyhoov

Trophy Husband

Chevy SSR (you'd like it Gary...it's a 2 seater hardtop convertible retro pickup...with a sweet Chevy V-8...(Think Corvette power).

Nice!! I've seen teaser adds for this that seem to indicate they fully intend to produce it, but this is the first time I've seen it from these angles. A V-8 would definitely create some interest. The Prowler was disappointing because the engine never matched the styling.

Thanks!

garyhoov

Trophy Husband
Chevy SSR is this a concept car? I keep seeing it hope they are going to build this one.

I just found this: http://www.chevyssrforum.com/ The following is an excerpt:

The SSR is no longer a concept car. The production version was introduced at the 2002 Detroit North American International Auto Show, with production slated to begin late this year at GM's Lansing Craft Center. The production vehicle is very close to the concept. The only major differences are that the rear view mirrors have been moved down to their normal position from up high on the A pillars and they've gotten rid of the chrome pseudo-bumper detail across the back.

:sohappy:

DMC-12

It's HarmonioUS, NOT HarmoniYOU.
If I really had a LOT of money... I'd get the Caddy XLR... its built off the new corvette platform :)

Attachments

• xlrhero_img.jpg
    xlrhero_img.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 39

Lhriangel

Originally posted by DMC-12
If I really had a LOT of money... I'd get the Caddy XLR... its built off the new corvette platform :)

Okay that car I adore!!! I like the design better then the mustang even and I'm a mustang girl.. hehe.

How much do they run?

DMC-12

Originally posted by Angelique
Okay that car I adore!!! I like the design better then the mustang even and I'm a mustang girl.. hehe.

How much do they run?

I think 60k Angel.... I know they have a Nemian Marcus edition for like 80k....the the NM edition is ugly....lol

Lhriangel

I think 60k Angel.... I know they have a Nemian Marcus edition for like 80k....the the NM edition is ugly....lol

*backs away from the car* Okay so when I'm rich and famous (yeah right whatever lol) I will get a car like that. I do really like it though... it is very ... "classic" in a way it seems. Maybe I'm just really addicted to convertibles?

DMC-12

*backs away from the car* Okay so when I'm rich and famous (yeah right whatever lol) I will get a car like that. I do really like it though... it is very ... "classic" in a way it seems. Maybe I'm just really addicted to convertibles?

Yeah..its a great car... but it was built to compete with the High end Mercedes Convertibles... hence the high price... :)

Lhriangel

SADLY ENOUGH...there was NO Solstice (which I love by the way) and I believe they have axed it...but...you will see some of the same design cues in the upcoming GTO and an UNNAMED concept vehicle.

The concepts that were there...

Isn't this the car that was at TT for so long? Or am I losing my mind? I remember seeing this car there and really really liking it. I mean come on.. HUGE trunk, convertible and a sports car. I could do all my christmas shopping in one trip.. something I can't do in the Mustang since the trunk is so tiny. (and yet dad was thinking of trading it in for a new t-bird with an even smaller trunk.. I dont' know how mom would deal with that cause she's as much if not more of a shopaholic as I am).

Seriously though I think that is the car that was visiting the GM attraction and it is a really cool car to see up front.

Lhriangel

Yeah..its a great car... but it was built to compete with the High end Mercedes Convertibles... hence the high price... :)

Grr I dont like Mercedes.. they scare me. The few times I've rode in them I was so afraid of messing something up... (and yet at home I drive a 66 mustang conv. in show condition and DON'T worry about messing anything up). I guess I"m just not used to really expensive cars....

DMC-12

Grr I dont like Mercedes.. they scare me. The few times I've rode in them I was so afraid of messing something up... (and yet at home I drive a 66 mustang conv. in show condition and DON'T worry about messing anything up). I guess I"m just not used to really expensive cars....

Hee hee.. I love em' , the one I test drove... had like 10 air bags in it...so I felt pretty safe :) They can take a beating...just cost a small fourtune to repair though....once they are out of warrenty... :(

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom