What type of cars do all are members drive?

garyhoov

Trophy Husband
Originally posted by WDWFREAK53
Nice ride!!!

Oh...Gary...I went to the autoshow today...and by walking around and looking at all of the vehicles in the class that we are interested in...for the money...the Z4 is hands down the nicest.

(FOR THE MONEY granted...You can NOT beat the price/vehicle ratio)

Oh yeah...and if you want my opinion on the nicest SUV (even looking at the Hummer...I have to say that the Volvo XC90 is the nicest)

I'm going to stop by the BMW dealer next Saturday. Looking at the numbers, the 3.0 liter Z4 matches the base Boxster in power at a price of approx. 39,000 compared to the Boxster's 43,000, but the Boxster is at least 300 lbs lighter. It seems that the Beemer will be better equipped at that level, but I have to look into it a bit more.

One of the biggest advantages of the Boxster, in my opinion, is the mid-engine layout. It felt exceptionally balanced. I will have to see how the Beemer compares. I think a disadvantage of the Porsche will be add-on's and maintenance. It looks like Porsche charges much more for options, so the relatively comparable prices may be an illusion.

Do you happen to know if the Z4 has a glass rear window? That is one nice feature of the Boxster.

:wave:

WDWFREAK53

Originally posted by garyhoov
I'm going to stop by the BMW dealer next Saturday. Looking at the numbers, the 3.0 liter Z4 matches the base Boxster in power at a price of approx. 39,000 compared to the Boxster's 43,000, but the Boxster is at least 300 lbs lighter. It seems that the Beemer will be better equipped at that level, but I have to look into it a bit more.

One of the biggest advantages of the Boxster, in my opinion, is the mid-engine layout. It felt exceptionally balanced. I will have to see how the Beemer compares. I think a disadvantage of the Porsche will be add-on's and maintenance. It looks like Porsche charges much more for options, so the relatively comparable prices may be an illusion.

Do you happen to know if the Z4 has a glass rear window? That is one nice feature of the Boxster.

Ya know something...that's a good question...I will definitely ask for you. I would assume that it is because the Audi, Mercedes, and Lexus does...but the Merc and the Lexus are hardtop convertibles...but I will ask for you and let you know.

garyhoov

Trophy Husband
Ya know something...that's a good question...I will definitely ask for you. I would assume that it is because the Audi, Mercedes, and Lexus does...but the Merc and the Lexus are hardtop convertibles...but I will ask for you and let you know.

Thanks!

Fievel

RunDisney Addict
Got back last night from Wisconsin with my New Vibe....it's so sweet. I'll see if I can dig up some more pics on the net to show you guys the interior, which is very cool. :)

Lhriangel

Originally posted by Fievel
The gagues...each in it's own circle...always lit in dark red. :)

Ohhh that looks cool Fievel. Actually even looks a tad retroish. (is that a word). Does it drive well? (I'm assuming it does lol but I guess I had to ask).

garyhoov

Trophy Husband
Got back last night from Wisconsin with my New Vibe....it's so sweet. I'll see if I can dig up some more pics on the net to show you guys the interior, which is very cool. :)

I was following one on the PA turnpike yesterday, and it looked really nice. That's the first one I've seen on the road that I noticed, so you should have a unique ride for a while.

WDWFREAK53

Hey Fievel...Check out this months Motor Trend!

They do a comparison between the Pontiac Vibe, the VW Turbo Beetle S, and the Mini Cooper S!

It's a pretty decent article too! I love the gauges...good luck with it bud!

jeffs10

Original Poster

Does the vibe handel well and how is the motor have alot of power. The commerical i saw looked like it was a fast car that can handel really well. I was thinking of taking a look at one.

jeff

WDWFREAK53

Originally posted by jeffs10
Does the vibe handel well and how is the motor have alot of power. The commerical i saw looked like it was a fast car that can handel really well. I was thinking of taking a look at one.

jeff

If you're looking...take a look at the Vibe, Matrix, Subaru WRX, Beetle Turbo S, and the Mini Cooper S. (oh yeah...DEFINITELY CHECK OUT THE MAZDASPEED)

I would say that the WRX would handle the best...considering it's strongly based on the Rally Car...and it is all wheel drive. (although...they do have a Matrix AWD too)

jeffs10

Original Poster
If you're looking...take a look at the Vibe, Matrix, Subaru WRX, Beetle Turbo S, and the Mini Cooper S. (oh yeah...DEFINITELY CHECK OUT THE MAZDASPEED)

I would say that the WRX would handle the best...considering it's strongly based on the Rally Car...and it is all wheel drive. (although...they do have a Matrix AWD too)

Yes i love the wrx but not sure about the 4 wheel drive doesnt seem to slow it down much 220 hp in such a small motor.

I also like the nissan sentra but the se-R spec-V version ITs like a sentra on steroids my brother has one and its also a great car.

A 175-hp 2.5-liter 4-cylinder engine, six-speed manual transmission, 17" aluminum-alloy wheels, Spec V-rated suspension, helical limited-slip differential, sport bucket seats with a unique black interior, sport fabric and a premium CD audio system.

You dont see many on the road i have only see 2 of them around where i live.

Here a photo

Attachments

• 3ser_gal_pi2.jpg
    3ser_gal_pi2.jpg
    9.1 KB · Views: 44

tenchu

Yes i love the wrx but not sure about the 4 wheel drive doesnt seem to slow it down much 220 hp in such a small motor.

I also like the nissan sentra but the se-R spec-V version ITs like a sentra on steroids my brother has one and its also a great car.

A 175-hp 2.5-liter 4-cylinder engine, six-speed manual transmission, 17" aluminum-alloy wheels, Spec V-rated suspension, helical limited-slip differential, sport bucket seats with a unique black interior, sport fabric and a premium CD audio system.

Here a photo

The 4WD is what makes the WRX so good!

Those things are like they're welded to the road! (Unless you want them to go sideways! :animwink: )

Fievel

RunDisney Addict
The Vibe handles really well for being built like a mini-suv. It didn't hesitate to accelerate into traffic. I have the base model with the 130 hp Toyota motor (The matrix is exactly the same car except for the exterior). There is also a GT version with a 180 hp engine (also Toyota), z-rated 17" tires, and a six speed manual.

There is also an AWD model, that is just the base engine plus AWD.

WDWFREAK53

Here a photo

(Plus the more aggresive front fascia) If you like that...check out the MazdaSpeed...)

Attachments

• mazdaspeed2.jpg
    mazdaspeed2.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 38

WDWFREAK53

here's the back end.

Sweet exhaust...chrome tips with the Mazdaspeed logo on it.

Attachments

• mazdaspeed3.jpg
    mazdaspeed3.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 38

WDWFREAK53

here's the back end.

Sweet exhaust...chrome tips with the Mazdaspeed logo on it.

There was one automobile in particular that totally changed my outlook on Pontiac (not a big Pontiac fan...) although...the Vibe I really like and this ride...the Pontiac Grand Prix G-Force

Attachments

• g-force.jpg
    g-force.jpg
    10.1 KB · Views: 37

jeffs10

Original Poster
There was one automobile in particular that totally changed my outlook on Pontiac (not a big Pontiac fan...) although...the Vibe I really like and this ride...the Pontiac Grand Prix G-Force

Is the grand prix g-force a concept car? I really like the look do you have any engine specs or more info?

Also that mazada is really nice almost like the nissan. Do you have any specs on that car i never heard of it untill now.

jeff

jeffs10

Original Poster
The Vibe handles really well for being built like a mini-suv. It didn't hesitate to accelerate into traffic. I have the base model with the 130 hp Toyota motor (The matrix is exactly the same car except for the exterior). There is also a GT version with a 180 hp engine (also Toyota), z-rated 17" tires, and a six speed manual.

There is also an AWD model, that is just the base engine plus AWD.

Sounds great I will have to go check out the gt version. Whats is the msrp on the base model do you know. Might be time for me to trade in my truck.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom