News What time is the 2 o'clock parade?

mousehockey37

With HEA maybe? I remember a couple years MK closed at 6 with Wishes at 6. I know 2007 was one them since that was the first year for the Castle Dream Lights.

Huh?

If the park is closing at 6 for the party starting at 7, there won't be HEA those nights. It'll be Christmas Wishes or whatever they're gonna call it during the party itself.

It's only the party nights that the park is closing at 6.

ToTBellHop

With HEA maybe? I remember a couple years MK closed at 6 with Wishes at 6. I know 2007 was one them since that was the first year for the Castle Dream Lights.
I would be pleasantly surprised. I wonder if they'd still let party guests in at 4 and if they'd actually close the rides from 6-7.

ToTBellHop

Huh?

If the park is closing at 6 for the party starting at 7, there won't be HEA those nights. It'll be Christmas Wishes or whatever they're gonna call it during the party itself.

It's only the party nights that the park is closing at 6.
There was a time when they held fireworks at 6 pm for day guests and then the holiday entertainment started at 7. I highly doubt that will return.

mousehockey37

I would be pleasantly surprised. I wonder if they'd still let party guests in at 4 and if they'd actually close the rides from 6-7.

Seems to me an idea here would be, close the gates at 6. Sweep the park and give out wristbands to those with party tickets, booting everyone else who doesn't. Meanwhile, party guests can still enter at the gates starting at 4, but no "day guests" can enter the park after 6 as the park is then "closed" to them.

Be interesting to see if the dining reservation system will follow with no reservations after 5/6pm.

21stamps

Seems to me an idea here would be, close the gates at 6. Sweep the park and give out wristbands to those with party tickets, booting everyone else who doesn't. Meanwhile, party guests can still enter at the gates starting at 4, but no "day guests" can enter the park after 6 as the park is then "closed" to them.

Be interesting to see if the dining reservation system will follow with no reservations after 5/6pm.

I think that would be nice. And reservations really should stop at 5 PM

mousehockey37

I think that would be nice. And reservations really should stop at 5 PM

There will be those that will come on soon though and go on about profits and losing money during that hour though while they sweep. There will be others (some already started) that come on about the value of the day ticket and it should be reduced those days (I do tend to agree with that logic... somewhat) and then you'll have those who say they'll come in at 5:59 and expect to get on rides and such. Same for the dining side.

I remember we had a thread, or a discussion within a thread, about this some time ago. Hence why I mentioned the prior about the different sides. So this isn't anything new, just the first that Disney is taking some sort of action with it.

King Capybara 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
I remeber a time when crisps (or chips for you colonials) were 10 pence a packet and a can of cola was 35 pence. Those times are long gone and never coming back . Please would people remove their rose coloured glasses before posting. Yes i understand that the seventies were the best time ever to be alive ( other than the 60's before that or the 80's after it) .

Going back on topic of this thread... This seems like a very confusing move on their part. Why change something that has been a staple for so long? I wish when they did something like this they would give reasoning ( I know wishful thinking).

21stamps

I remeber a time when crisps (or chips for you colonials) were 10 pence a packet and a can of cola was 35 pence. Those times are long gone and never coming back . Please would people remove their rose coloured glasses before posting. Yes i understand that the seventies were the best time ever to be alive ( other than the 60's before that or the 80's after it) .

I remember a time when I didn't have a wrinkle on my forehead.. such a wonderful memory..

Going back on topic of this thread... This seems like a very confusing move on their part. Why change something that has been a staple for so long? I wish when they did something like this they would give reasoning ( I know wishful thinking).

I think it will be on the website as app. Hopefully people don't get too confused.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon

The problem though is the parties did not break the 50 dollar barrier, till Iger showed up a mere decade ago and in that time the price has DOUBLED while the quality of the offering declined and the number of tickets sold increased.

Our last party visit was when they were at 69.95 and we collectively said not worth it anymore.

So this is not about a mythical 'golden era' decades ago but changes in a very few years.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon

It's all about the Benjamin's by doing this Disney can reduce staff costs significantly on Party nights

21stamps

It's all about the Benjamin's by doing this Disney can reduce staff costs significantly on Party nights

Omg. Come on now. Or maybe they received several complaints from party attendees of how crowded it is for the first few hours..and realize that non party guests are staying when the park is supposed to be for party tickets only?

I will go to MK on a party day and leave well before the party starts. I have no issue with that.

I appreciate that Disney is taking steps so that people such as myself will have less crowds on the night that we do attend a party.

Hours are published well in advance. It is someone's choice to go on an early closure day or not.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
The only thing that confuses me is how a simple change to the performance time of the afternoon parade has sent some of the WDW fandom into a state of chaos.

With this 'change' Disney has reduced the value of the one day ticket on party days by 10% and the party ticket itself by 20%. I'd say that's enough of a reason to get Disney fans into a tizzy.

Now if the PRICE dropped commensurately it would not be an issue but we all know the price is not going anywhere but up.

21stamps

With this 'change' Disney has reduced the value of the one day ticket on party days by 10% and the party ticket itself by 20%. I'd say that's enough of a reason to get Disney fans into a tizzy.

Now if the PRICE dropped commensurately it would not be an issue but we all know the price is not going anywhere but up.

It is a person's choice to go on that day or not.
Let's not forget that. If someone doesn't see the value, go the next day..when there isn't a party.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom