What Should Disney do About Vaping?

J_Krafty24

Ive been at a hockey game and had my eyes and nose start burning. After looking around I found the source, someone vaping a row behind and couple seats over. Maybe it was the particular blend the person was using but regardless I dont want that stuff anywhere around me.

Goofyernmost

Then it should be OK for people to "Vap" in line and breath a big cloud of vapour in peoples faces after all "it's water vapour. Like from a kettle."
Oh, you mean like when they have audacity to breath in your presence? The only difference is with the Vap now you can see it coming and take life saving actions by diving into the nearest ditch. Dodge the bullet, so to speak.

IMFearless

I think the danger is when you move into the territory of banning things which annoy or irritate other people, as opposed to banning things which cause harm to other people, you could go on forever.

Cars cause many dangerous fumes, perhaps Disney should insist only electric vehicles should be brought onto the property to ensure the air is as clean as possible for people who don't want to breathe in these toxic chemicals.

I think taking an extreme view either way is not going to accommodate everyone, tolerance and finding the middle ground is bound to be the sensible option. The current rules seem to be reflective of what is found elsewhere.

Sonconato

This is as far as I go with this subject since you just cannot convince some people that grass is green and the sky is blue during the day.

People are also scared of what they do know. With scientific data staring people in the face they still choose not to believe it. This is tantamount to saying "I can eat anything I want, as much of it as I want, and as often as I want and I will never get fat. The scientists are all just lying!"

None of us care either. o_O We just don't like walking through this crap or being forced to inhale it in lines for attractions. If someone wants to do this to themselves then so be it. Just don't take me down that road with you. I quit smoking for a reason. ;)
I couldn't have said it better myself.:D

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Just last month in the UK there was an official government acknowledgment that survey results show vaping is 95% safer than smoking. It's looking like they may be introduced on prescription as a method of stopping smoking.

Of course it the company wants to control their use they need to stop removing smoking areas. Otherwise just like tobacco smoking it'll be a free for all.

@G00fyDad - they aren't toxins. It's water vapour. Like from a kettle.

I'm not sure that's correct that it's just water vapor. And that's part of the issue. Since the FDA doesn't regulate e-cigarettes, who knows what is in them besides the flavoring and the liquid/gel. And what chemicals are contained in the vapor.

jonesenon4

IMPO vaping is the most pretentious thing i have ever seen. it is almost as if they are doing it to say look at me i am smoking in a non smoking area. they have these huge boxes they are sucking on and exhaling a huge thick cloud of smoke. and yes there is an odor associated with the smoke so yes it does affect those around it.smoking is smoking regardless of the method.it should be limited to smoking areas only.:banghead:

Goofyernmost

IMPO vaping is the most pretentious thing i have ever seen. it is almost as if they are doing it to say look at me i am smoking in a non smoking area. they have these huge boxes they are sucking on and exhaling a huge thick cloud of smoke. and yes there is an odor associated with the smoke so yes it does affect those around it.smoking is smoking regardless of the method.it should be limited to smoking areas only.:banghead:
There are so many incorrect statements in that one small paragraph that it might qualify for the world book of records.

rkelly42

People walking around WS drinking bothers me. Some people become buzzed and or intoxicated, they stumble, curse or just have a certain arrogance about them. Can we ban alcohol as well? It is proven that alcohol can be bad for your health as well.

Kman

Original Poster
People walking around WS drinking bothers me. Some people become buzzed and or intoxicated, they stumble, curse or just have a certain arrogance about them. Can we ban alcohol as well? It is proven that alcohol can be bad for your health as well.

Actually I thought public intoxication was illegal. I've never quite understood this at EPCOT although to be fair I've not witnessed it. Only read about it on this Forum.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom