What Should Disney do About Vaping?

G00fyDad

I like your 4 points @Sonconato , #2 especially. If something impacts others, even if it is just water vapor that dissipates swiftly, I shouldn't have to put up with it. I could go around belching and farting in other's faces, I mean, it's just all natural human gasses, right? But it would be incredibly annoying if I did, so why should others have to put up with it?
I'm being sarcastic, but the point is not far off.

Actually, your point is dead on. ;) That is EXACTLY why I don't want it done in my vicinity. It's rude (and I don't know how much of that garbage I am actually inhaling. I stopped smoking 15 years ago for a reason.

Dead2009

Horror Movie Guru
Personally? I think vaping is idiotic! I'm hoping that like any other fad it quickly fades away. Watching people take deep breaths from huge vaping boxes makes them look ridiculous. Driving down the road and not being able to see the driver next to me because his car is full of vapour is a saftey hazard that puts everybody at risk. The majority of the people I see vaping are doing it for one of 2 reasons, they see it as a way to skirt around smoking areas and smoking laws, or its the current fad and they think it looks awesome/makes them look awesome.

ERRRRG!!!!. I'm stepping down from my soap box before I say anymore.

So you want something that ppl have actually replaced cigarettes with, to fade away? Okay then....

ABigBrassBand

Personally? I think vaping is idiotic! I'm hoping that like any other fad it quickly fades away. Watching people take deep breaths from huge vaping boxes makes them look ridiculous. Driving down the road and not being able to see the driver next to me because his car is full of vapour is a saftey hazard that puts everybody at risk. The majority of the people I see vaping are doing it for one of 2 reasons, they see it as a way to skirt around smoking areas and smoking laws, or its the current fad and they think it looks awesome/makes them look awesome.

ERRRRG!!!!. I'm stepping down from my soap box before I say anymore.

Hey! Addiction (especially nicotine addiction) is a much, much more complicated manner than a repetitive habit!

I agree, vapes may not be the best thing to allow in public areas, and they'd be better fit being restricted to smoking areas, at least in Disney parks.

But do not bring completely unnecessary judgements into the argument. It only makes your other points seem sensationalized and irrelevant, however true they may be.

In before the lock, though.

threvester

This could be the most rediculously uninformed post ive ever read....a car so full of vape smoke the driver cant see??? smh

G00fyDad

This could be the most rediculously uninformed post ive ever read....a car so full of vape smoke the driver cant see??? smh

While I do agree that the post was slightly over-generalized, if they looked like this guy then I can see how there would be little visibility.
th.jpg

thomas998

Just last month in the UK there was an official government acknowledgment that survey results show vaping is 95% safer than smoking. It's looking like they may be introduced on prescription as a method of stopping smoking.

Of course it the company wants to control their use they need to stop removing smoking areas. Otherwise just like tobacco smoking it'll be a free for all.

@G00fyDad - they aren't toxins. It's water vapour. Like from a kettle.

Not quite water vapour from a kettle.... The only reason people use them is for the nicotine and the reality is that not all of the nicotine in the vapor they inhale is absorbed by the person sucking on it before they blow it out into the air... So while you aren't sucking in the tar and toxic soup of chemicals you would get from a cigarette you are still getting some nicotine... Of course the real danger is that some people are starting to mix their own juice now and if they go down that path they can easily start putting other things in their besides the nicotine and flavors... Will only be a matter of time before you'll have stoners putting extracts from pot into them.

In the end they should just ban them all... if someone really has the craving for nicotine then get the gum or a patch... Better yet Disney could sell the gum and patch for 20 times the normal price outside the park and make a fortune on the nicotine junkies in the park.

G00fyDad

that guy is purposefully trying to make as much smoke as he can for a photo...not the same as driving in a car

I have watched people with those box vaporizers do the very same thing right in front of me. ;) I know what I know, I know what I have read from respected scientists, and you know what you know. That said, I refuse to tolerate this junk near me in line for an attraction. ;)

G00fyDad

Sorry if I have seemed overly-antagonistic about this issue. I just hate arrogance and those that sit in a line and puff this stuff out knowing full well that it is going in other's faces (regardless if dangerous or not) is just plain arrogant. (I need to do some relaxation techniques right now....) :) *goosfraba* *goosfraba*

ABQ

Simple fact is that it IS against park policy to vape outside the designated smoking areas. General Rules section E.
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/park-rules/

General Rules:

e. For the comfort of all Guests, smoking of tobacco, e-cigarettes or other products that produce a vapor or smoke are allowed only in designated smoking areas.

So, if seen, best policy would be to do as @marni1971 stated simply, complain to a CM.

Uncle Lupe

I want to open a store to help these e-cigarette users redecorate. It will be called Vapes and Drapes.

Seriously, chemicals are being expelled and I try to avoid when possible and keep my child away also.

CaptainAmerica

Lots of misinformation too. People are scared by what they don't know.
Even if they DO know it, I still don't think it's any excuse to go trampling on people's God-given (or naturally inherent if you're an atheist) liberty. I know cigarettes will mess you up so I choose not to smoke them. What the hell do I care if a grown adult wants to poison himself?

G00fyDad

This is as far as I go with this subject since you just cannot convince some people that grass is green and the sky is blue during the day.

Lots of misinformation too. People are scared by what they don't know.

People are also scared of what they do know. With scientific data staring people in the face they still choose not to believe it. This is tantamount to saying "I can eat anything I want, as much of it as I want, and as often as I want and I will never get fat. The scientists are all just lying!"

Even if they DO know it, I still don't think it's any excuse to go trampling on people's God-given (or naturally inherent if you're an atheist) liberty. I know cigarettes will mess you up so I choose not to smoke them. What the hell do I care if a grown adult wants to poison himself?

None of us care either. o_O We just don't like walking through this crap or being forced to inhale it in lines for attractions. If someone wants to do this to themselves then so be it. Just don't take me down that road with you. I quit smoking for a reason. ;)

Chef Mickey

As I said in another thread, I don't care what anyone does to themselves. Do drugs, drink, smoke, whatever.

The only time I care is when it starts impacting me or my family. Smoking absolutely impacts others around, even to the point of having a detrimental impact on the health of bystanders. Even the "Vaping" is super annoying and they'll probably be some study come out that even that isn't the best for people around.

Remember, we are at Disney. Do you really want to be around anyone vaping, even if the vapor is harmless? There are kids around. I don't know the current rule, but I'd imagine it needs to be treated like smoking...designated areas only.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom