What Ride Is The Most Disappointing...

snakeislandboy

I want to first say that a disappointing ride in WDW is still an amazing ride. On my first trip, I was disappointed with Pirates of the Caribbean. It was after watching the movie and before the rehab. I was amazed with the entrance and the pirate ship (reminded me a lot of Goonies), then I just kept waiting for the finally that never happened. It's almost as if they designed the ride backwards. I will say I like it better post-rehab and I still ride it every year.

Microcell

Welllllllllll, my most recent trip did garner some disappointment, sadly. The only new attraction was "Nemo", which yes, cute and I loved it, but sorta just rehash. I was upset at Stitch and Buzz from the last time I went. I think HISTA needs refurbing - more than likely replacing. And most upsettingly, as many times as I try it, new Journey Into Imagination just won't grow on me.

::sigh::
-Nick.

You gotta admit that Figment song is catchy though!

Scooter

Country Bear Jamboree.

It needs to be completely overhauled or trashed.
I imagine it was fun to watch when Audio-Animatronics were new and exciting.

Now it's just rapping Hillbilly bears attempting to Lip Sync and doing it poorly I might add.
It's out dated and politically incorrect now.
If I was from the south, I would boycott this attraction as it's an insult to all Southerners.

It is a good place to nap though. On the two occasions I went on this attraction there were only a handfull of people in the audiance.

dxwwf3

I'm rarely disappointed in Disney attractions. I might not like them as much as what came before, but "disappointed" is usually a term that doesn't come to mind after Disney attractions. I wouldn't count something like Mission Space because my own expectations were too high and after time I've grown to love the attraction. But after my first ride, I was disappointed that it wasn't more intense or thrilling. Now I know what to expect and can enjoy everything much more.

For me, the first thing I thought of was Lights, Motors, Action. I really had heard good things about this show, but I thought it was incredibly boring and a waste of time. The drivers are great, but they are only on stage for what seems like 10 minutes in the 30+ minute show. I know they need to set things up and all, but none of it is remotely interesting. I've seen this show once and I'll probably stumble upon it again, but I'm not going to wait for it. If I'm in the area as a show is getting ready to start I might hop in, but that's the only way.

Doug Live at MGM also comes to mind because as a child I was a fan of the show, but it just didn't translate well to the stage and obviously didn't last long.

The Discovery River Boats at Animal Kingdom were also disappointing because when they showed this ride on TV when the park opened, they always featured the dinosaur AA and the dragon fire, but none of that actually was interesting in action and the ride was a waste. Not the best first impression of the park (we waited 30 minutes as our first attraction), but now that's totally changed.

kubfish

So much negativity here....

What someone likes another will not. Every ride mentioned above I can name a good and bad thing about. If you don't like don't ride.

Not every ride in every park will please everyone. I have rides I cannot stand at DIS but...kids enjoy them so they ride them HAHA (notice the THEY that means without me). To each their own.

Tom Morrow

Well the whole point of this thread is to state which rides YOU find disappointing. Obviously, we're not expecting everyone to agree with everything.

cmatt

jungle cruise,
tiki birds,
space mountain (eurgh),
buzz lightyear (eurgh),
backstage tour,
rapid ride @ animal kingdom (cant be bothered to remember its name),
kilamonjaro safari (rhino rapids was alot better imho)
Maelstrom,
mexico's boat ride,

and my penultimate ride that lacks any joy or fun is.....

it's a small world :|

nmj91385

Winnie the Pooh! Although the set is cute, it's too short, lines are way too long, and it could never compare to Mr. Toad. Long Live TOAD!!

Heatherbell

Winnie the Pooh! Although the set is cute, it's too short, lines are way too long, and it could never compare to Mr. Toad. Long Live TOAD!!

I second that.
Another ride that was disappointing to me was Mission Space, I was so excited to ride it. And it was a good ride but I can't go on it because it makes me :hurl:

Mansion Butler

Not every ride in every park will please everyone. I have rides I cannot stand at DIS but...kids enjoy them so they ride them HAHA (notice the THEY that means without me). To each their own.

But, there are clearly rides that please very few guests and actively displease many. Sure, every attraction will make some person happy, but that doesn't make it a good attraction.

There is such a thing as missing the mark. See: Under New Management.

tooltime

What someone likes another will not. Every ride mentioned above I can name a good and bad thing about. If you don't like don't ride.

okay...i'll try to add some balance.

at DL we rode Dumbo. although the ride was nothing special the memory i have of it is very much so. my DD, now 12, was 2 then, and my wife, my DS and I waited under the tree shaded queue. for some reason, it's this ride, where i have the most vivid memory of my wife's face, holding my DD in her brand new pink Pooh dress.

Mansion Butler

Now, to be certain, my disapointments at Disney still exceed the things I appreciate at other values, but that's what happens when the bar is set high. I will say I'd hate the soul out of Stitch's Great Escape even if it were at Lil' Abner Land in Hot Springs, Arkansas.

Disapointments is interesting, though. See, I knew I'd hate Stitch and the new Tiki Room from the moment I learned of the change. I hated them even more than I thought I would, but disapointment is taking it a little far. But my disapointments. . .

Peter Pan: A different level of disapointment. I was so enchanted by it when I was young, now I fight feelings of "how lame" when I'm on it.

Barnstormer: So, so short and silly. I suppose it can make a good "first coaster" though.

Mission: Space: I was SO excited for this ride. And the whole wait, they really hype up the experience and I was not only excited, I was nervous that it would be too intense even for my thrill-seeking self. Instead, it was just sad. It's not really that intense by my tastes, and so what your left with is something that's not pushing your limits, but is making you uncomfortable just for the heck of it. And when the thrill is stripped away, there's just a really short, boring ride with the facade of interactivity. It does nothing, nothing at all. Not to mention how terrible the maintenance is.

The Seas with Nemo and Friends: I used to love the Living Seas. Now the only way to get to it is with one of the most obnoxious rides created yet. It's suppose to take place after the movie, and yet it goes down pretty much the EXACT SAME WAY. And it's out of the spirit of Disney, and Pixar in particular, of catering to all ages. It talks down to the kids and just ignores the adults' sense of good taste. Besides, that obnoxious fish and his friends have been steadily destroying the exhibits in the Seas. Make it stop!!!

Journey into Imagination: I was so excited for Figment to be back, but, save for nostalgia, this isn't even as good as the Journey into Your Imagination.

El Rio del Tiempo: Even after all the time I spent at Disney World, I never rode this until last year. And I'm glad I never did again.

Sounds Dangerous: Does anyone remember how cool the Monster Sound Show was? Instead, you now just sit in the dark and hear noise in your headphones. They used to have the same sort of thing AFTER the attraction itself. In otherwords, what was already there was a cool sound effects show, PLUS everything you get now. Addition by subtraction? No.

Star Tours: Still a great ride, I'm just disapointed by how dated it's become and how the details have fallen into disrepair over the years. Soon to change, though.
Beauty and the Beast Live on Stage: I love Beauty and the Beast, so I thought this would be awesome and harken to the broadway show. Instead, it's poorly cut together moments of the movie poorly represented with incredible overacting. It's somehow destroying all the magic of the actual movie.

Kali River Rapids: I don't get it. Instead of a long, exciting ride with multiple elements and the chance of getting wet, we'll have a short ride with one drop and a certainty of getting soaked. It's an incredible disapointment because it's so easy to make a good raft ride. Instead, Disney made the lamest I've ever been on. Sad, considering this is the same company that made the incredible Grizzly River Run. Theme is the only thing it's got going for it.

Tower of Terror (DL): I love how Disneyland is usually known for NOT cutting Florida's corners, and they came out with this. . . mistake.

Tuck and Rolls Bumper Cars thingy: Who knew bumper cars could be so poorly executed? Seems like a simple concept to me.

Sleeping Beauty's Castle: Sorry, I had to. Grew up in Florida. ;)

Tarzan's Treehouse: How could you, Disneyland? How could you?!

Too balance out the negativity, my pleasent surprises over the years (the stuff I loved even more than I thought I would):
Buzz Lightyear
Winnie the Pooh
Magic Carpets of Aladdin
Riverboat
Philharmagic
Soarin' over California
Festival of the Lion King
Expedition Everest
Kilimanjaro Safaris
Grizzly River Run (I expected another Kali.)

JustPlainBill

I should think that you can follow your own advice, if you don't like the thread then don't read it. What a bland "Pleasantville" world it would be if everybody, everywhere thought everything was always good, all the time, or worse feeling it is bad and not feeling free to share it. I think it would be terrible to supress opposing thought, afterall it is what I think, isn't it? If what I think happens to be negative then I should be able to express it. It is very interesting to me to read what other people think about things, even if it is negative.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom