What Ride Is The Most Disappointing...

sleepybear

This a great thread, because it's interesting to see what people's tastes are like. For example, I'm very surprised by the animosity toward Soarin', which I think is the best thing at Epcot. (And, yes, Test Track is second best.)

Now, in defense of poor, maligned Nemo: I don't think of it as a complete attraction. I see it as an entryway into the full pavilion. Just like the sea cabs of old, it transports you from the entrance of the Living Seas to the heart of the building while setting a distinct tone. Considering that, they did a good job with what little space they had. It's cute, inventive and the clammobiles rock.

Momx3

I was most disappointed by Soarin. I had heard so much about it and it had a 120 min wait so we got a Fastpass and when it was over we were like why is the wait so long for that? However, I'd rather be disappointed by a ride at Disney than be anywhere else!!

imagineer boy

4. "ITS A BIIIIIG BLUE WORLD!!!"

:ROFLOL: I hate that song with a passion.

I'm just tired of Nemo period. There's always some sort of new Nemo ride opening up in various Disney parks, and I watch a video of it and its basically the same thing with a projection of Marlin going "NEMO!!! NEMO!!! OH NO! I'VE LOST NEMO AGAIN!!!!" ugh, it just make me want to do this all day long> :brick:

Jesùs_Carioca

Please don't get rid of Splash Mountain. If for anything, it's the only connection that any "child" post-1980's would ever be able to make with some of the most ever loveable characters created by "Song of the South," not to mention the amazing songs.

Sometimes...i think that without the introduction by Splash Mountain, nobody would ever be able to create solid links to songs such as "Zip-a-dee-doo-da" and maybe never ever ever even be able to hear "How do ya' do" or "Everybody's got a Laughing Place."

The Seas with Nemo and friends was never too big of a dissapointment with me, only because i never expected much out of it, heh...until the ride stopped in the split between the "EAC" scene, and then whichever other scene was the one where everybody just keeps repeating "It's Nemo!" or something to that effect. Haha, it was cruel and unusual punishment for 7 minutes.

You know, sometimes...I really do wish they would fix up the Country Bear Jamboree a bit though. Put in a better sound quality system maybe? Give Ted a jug in a new key. Maybe add another strang to Tennessee one strang'd thang. New scenes..spruce it up. Last time i went...it seemed pretty shoddy, 'specially in respect to sound and ability to get the crowd into it. A big upset. I would never want to get rid of it though, that's the problem. It was a pretty major deal for me as a kid.

Tom Morrow

Now, in defense of poor, maligned Nemo: I don't think of it as a complete attraction. I see it as an entryway into the full pavilion.
That's actually another reason I hate it. It shouldn't be the main entry into the pavillion. Instead, it should be like The Land pavillion, where the rides are part of the pavillion, not the main reason for the pavillion.

lemondude

1. Lights, Motors, Action!
2. The Narnia advertisement show
3. Test Track
4. Under New Management
5. The 2000 and current Journey Into Your Imaginations
6. Tower of Terror
7. Disney-MGM's Fantasmic!
8. Chester n' Hester's Dino-Rama!
9. Kali River Rapids
10. The current Backlot Tour
11. The current Animation Tour
12. Rock n' Rollercoaster (but only because of Aerosmith)
13. Mickey's Philharmagic

And to the poster who said no one likes Stitch's Great Escape!...I do. And maybe I'm the only one, but I think it's actually one of Disney's best.
ed: I can't believe I forgot Pooh's Playful Spot. Hands down the winner of most wasted space, worst addition, and least interesting playground ever. I think it ties LMA for first position. I'm guessing I forgot it because I saw no reason to remember it.

you must be kidding me. you hate all the decent ones and love stitches escape!

cb3k

CThaddeus definitely summed it up with "The Narnia Advertisement Show", the WORST piece of disney garbage I have ever seen....it basically allows you to watch a ten minute trailer of Narnia while standing in a "winter wonderland"....good job on promoting the DVD, in an already suffering park

etownbluejay

For me, I was always most disappointed with Mission Space.

What happened to the experience of weightlessness that they originally promised? It also kind of ruins the atmosphere of getting into a space shuttle when you walk into the little ride compartment (as opposed to walking into a full size shuttle of some sort) and see it hanging on the big centrifuge (unlike something like Star Tours where you actually get into a full size space ship). Also, way too short of a ride.

CThaddeus

you must be kidding me. you hate all the decent ones and love stitches escape!

Which of those were decent? And yes, I do like Stitch. I don't get the hatred toward it. It was a vast imrpovement over the bore/gore fest that was Alien Encounter. It's humorous and well done. I think some people are expecting it to be a serious and scary attraction. I went in expecting it to be like the movie - silly and fun. And it was. But, to each his own.

3.) Nemo the Musical- one word....Horrible. What a waste of time.

How can you not love Finding Nemo The Musical? its the last thing i saw on the last day i went to disney with our annual passes and my whole family agreed there was no better way to end our disney experience.

Oh and to throw in my two cents i think that, well, acctually id have to say test track, i dont know if anyones said it but yeah, its a car ride, big whoop, it could have been a lot better, idk how but it could, oh and i lost my favorite hat lol that was my stupidity:brick: :ROFLOL:

docandsix

Which of those were decent? And yes, I do like Stitch. I don't get the hatred toward it. It was a vast imrpovement over the bore/gore fest that was Alien Encounter. It's humorous and well done. I think some people are expecting it to be a serious and scary attraction. I went in expecting it to be like the movie - silly and fun. And it was. But, to each his own.

Which is "decent?" Really? Really?

Tower of Terror is arguably the single best attraction in all of WDW. Certainly it is my favorite, without question. So, yeah, I would consider it "decent."

mpoppins76

I'm w/ the Stitch crowd. AE used to scare the begeezes out of me. :eek: My biggest problem w/ the Stitch version is this: W/ Alien Encounter, you KNEW that was going to be scary. I think with the Stitch theme, alot of parents miss the "scary warning" and take their kids on it not realizing what it really is. When we went on it there were SO many little ones, all in screaming tears, some trying to climb through the shoulder rest to get out. I heard a few parents commenting to each other on the way out that they thought it was way too scary for a character that appeals to the little ones.

CThaddeus

Which is "decent?" Really? Really?

Tower of Terror is arguably the single best attraction in all of WDW. Certainly it is my favorite, without question. So, yeah, I would consider it "decent."

While at lunch I reconsidered what I wrote. None of them are "indecent," which means all of them are "decent." But I feel that all of those on my list were incredibly disappointing for one reason or another. Personally, I think Tower of Terror is little more than a well-themed freefall type ride. The story, such as it is, is completely abandoned so you can be lifted and dropped x number of times. I think the setup for it is great. I like the queue, I love the video, but after that I don't feel the need to continue on with the ride portion. It doesn't scare me...in fact, it doesn't do anything for me. If that is the best attraction in Disney World, then I'm stunned.
As for Stitch, I went on it three times in December and twice last May. Not once did I hear a child cry. Not once did I hear somebody say they liked Alien Encounter better, or that Stitch was still too scary, or that it was dumb. Not once. What I did hear was a child next to me laughing and saying, "Look mommy, it's Stitch!" I also heard another child at Animal Kingdom asking his parents if he could go on Stitch's Great Escape again that day. So again, I still don't get all the animosity.

LoveYa

I really Hated Mission Space & will never go on it again..

we waited in a line forever, then finally got on seemed like hours later and the ride wasn't even fun. boring to me.. and then i almost fainted from being so enclosed i guess. thank god the ride was stopping just as i got that faint feeling.

overall, it was disappointing. i thought there would be more to it.

Tom Morrow

It also kind of ruins the atmosphere of getting into a space shuttle when you walk into the little ride compartment (as opposed to walking into a full size shuttle of some sort) and see it hanging on the big centrifuge (unlike something like Star Tours where you actually get into a full size space ship). Also, way too short of a ride.
But the theme of Mission: Space is that you aren't actually getting into a shuttle. You're doing a professional simulator.

Actually, that is one thing I really don't get about Misson: Space. The theme kind of bounces back and forth between you being "in training" and you actually traveling to Mars.

hammysammy59

Space Mountain

It doesn't really feel like a smooth galactic thrill ride if:

-the rickety old track nearly shakes my fillings out (exaggeration, but you get the idea)
-I can see the track and little bits of sunshine poking through cracks in the ceiling

Space Mountain is supposed to be one of WDW's signature rides, and on the trip before last (over ten years ago), it ruled, but most recently it was pretty much a let down.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom