What Ride Is The Most Disappointing...

epcotfreak1224

I go with Soarin, specially since the first time I rode it I had to wait like 3 hours because it had broken downs. That and also one of the CMs had told us that it was the best ride Disney had every created, so we were really had huge expectations. Ofcourse after the ride, we all looked at each other with expression of "that's it". The only cool part was smelling the oranges. This ride is only worth making the line if u had a fastpass.

P.S. I would have said SGE but I had bad expectations for it to begin with.

frogdad

1. Star Tours
2. Jungle Cruise - great 25 years ago but my DD said it best - AK has real animals
3. Difficult to find restrooms in Fantasy Land

metscool

Stitch's Disney biggest mistake. I worked there for a month and hated it and left to go to Universal for 6 months but love it more then Disney any day sorry.

Sorin'. I don't know why so many people waiting in line for a ride that is a couple of mins long and that you could go ride in Cally.

kubfish

There are several that I thought were highly over-rated:

1. TT: The most over-rated ride ever. If you're a child, than you MIGHT find this ride scary. I live in California...people drive like crap all the time.

2. HISTA: Extremely outdated and the CM don't even enjoy working at this attraction.

3. Soarin': Rode it numerous times at DCA and this ride/attraction is extremely over rated. It's okay, but not great. I wouldn't mind riding this attraction if it were a ten minute wait for it.

4. Buzzlight Year: Boring. It's a moving carnival attraction. Nothing special about this attraction. Too bad, because they could have done so much with it.

5. Backstage Lot Tour: If you have two to three hours to waist your life away than check this attraction out. The backstage stuff is boring, nothing that is impressive, and more the half the sets/costumes/props/etc. are from movies that stunk at the box office.

6. Stitch's Great Escape: Never ridden it and probably won't. He doesn't appeal to me.

7. Dinorama USA: This entire section is poorly done. I know it's suppose to feel like a nice carnival and the classic cars in the "parking lot" just feels like Disney didn't know what else to do so they choose this theme as a last minute suggestion to put down on paper. Which, I can't stand DINOSAUR. The ride is basically like The Indiana Jones Ride at DLR but without a decent plot or anything that would make the ride entertaining.

I'm sure there are more things I could write down...I just cannot think of any at the time.

Hey Lori :)

We are going as a fam first time in a few months to wdw. I went as a kid but obviously it has expanded to much more. Today I was thinking - after looking how WDW has the rides spread out... maybe we should of done DL/DCA/Uni/SD/SW in that week. :) But new experiences right.

TT is a ride I want to go on since they took it out of DL because of the track stability.

Soaring in DCA is pretty cool, not worth a 2hr wait but it is fun if you can get right in. Is the Soarin in WDW the same theme?

I know one thing, no Country Bear Jamboree in DL and I cannot wait to see that again!!! its been 15+ years.

If Winnie the Pooh is the same in both DL and WDW then I can say right now thats the ride thats the most disapointing. Its a people filler and nothing more.

Tom Morrow

^ Disneyland never had Test Track. I think you're thinking of Rocket Rods, which was a little different.

Soarin' is the exact same film in both parks, however, DCA's queue is themed to be an aviation museum, and Epcot's is themed to be an airport.

CThaddeus

Rocket Rods wins Disneyland's most disappointing attraction of all time award. Nice idea, extremely poor execution. And my idea of the future is not that loud. I'm happy it's gone, but I wish they would hurry up and get the Peoplemover back.
As for Pooh, don't go in expecting more than your basic dark ride. The Magic Kingdom's is similar to Disneyland's, but it lacks the outdoor load area. Honestly, it's a good attraction at both Parks, but if you go in expecting detail on a par with, say, Haunted Mansion, then you're definitely going to be disappointed. Get a Fastpass at Disney World. You'll need it there. Lines tend to be upwards of 45 minutes, as opposed to Disneyland's which I hardly ever see above 10 anymore.
Now, Pooh's Playful Spot...that's a whole other nasty ball of wax. There's yer biggest disappointment for The Magic Kingdom. It's not even a good playground.

Texzilla

The Seas With Nemo - Really underwhelmed. And normaly I love goofy stuff like 'Clamobiles'. I know it's kind of SOP to reproduce scenes from the movies on rides, but with all the technology I was kind of hoping they'd do more. There's not really anything that goes on in the ride that couldn't have been done with the basic level of animatronic used in "Peter Pan's Flight". Which is still more charming that this thing. Have to also say I'm really disturbed that, in the storyline for the ride, Nemo is hiding from his father and Dori on purpose. And laughing at them more and more as they get in danger over and over again trying to find him. To me telling a child that running away and hiding from your parents can be a lot of fun is not something that should be suggested at a huge place like Walt Dinsey World. I know had this thing been around when we were kids my younger brother would have been off the ride and gone within milliseconds. Even though it would have gotten him the wrong type of attention, it would have been enough attention anyway to get him to try it again at the Magic Kingdom, Downtown Disney.......

FloridaPhill

When I saw the title of the thread I though Stitch!

We first visited WDW in 2004 and SGE was in the process of being built, DS is a huge Stitch fan so we really wanted to do this attraction. I thought the whole thing was just the pre-show and was wanting the main event to be through the next door.

:mad: It wasn't :mad:

As for the other things mentioned, everyone is different. Some love attractions, some don't. That is one of the beauties of Disney there is something for everyone.

met19

the finding nemo ride, dont even waste time on the speedway, really dislike pocahatos show, honey i shrunk the audience, buzz and stitch are time fillers for me (e.g waiting on a fastpass for space mt, etc).

but the most disappointing is under new management. they even dont sing the tiki song, and the argument by the two agents is front is soooooo un disney. its a cheap makeover for a classic attraction which was well done. No surprise it was done during the eisner years.

MaXXimus

Original Poster
Im still overwhelmed with all the people having even one good thing to say about Seas with Nemo :shrug:. Yes everyone is entitled to their opinion and Im not knocking anyone for that but my goodness. The money Disney has at its disposal and thats the best they could do? And then some have mentioned they had limited space to work with? Why not knock it down and build something worth seeing then? I myelf given the some time could have com eup with somethign better then a clam shell on a track going past a half dozen crappy movie screens.

Same for Stitch, how can it seriously be called an attraction? The first half is fine but the part when the shoulder harness comes down and all ya get is a few up and down motions along with chili breath and a squirt of water is about the lamest thing ever. I have been on town fair rides that were more interesting and had me come off saying wow that was pretty cool. THe first time on Stitch and all I could do is sit there in my seat saying... "Hey where is everyone going? It cant be over right? Right?............ Damn! It is over :brick: ? Is that seriously it? Am I at Disney World or a ride out front of a Pathmark?" :shrug:

kubfish

^ Disneyland never had Test Track. I think you're thinking of Rocket Rods, which was a little different.

Soarin' is the exact same film in both parks, however, DCA's queue is themed to be an aviation museum, and Epcot's is themed to be an airport.

not sure what it was called. It was sponsored by GM, put were the people movers used to be... They took it out because the structure couldn't handle it, I dont recall but it may have been rocket rods... hmmm :) I never was there when they had it.

Test track is one of my must rides at WDW.. Soarin if its the same then it is not so important. I have a half day when we get in thinking I may move MGM and AK between them if RR is shut down. HAHA Sorry for the thread hijack.

JJHale

Splash Mountain is the best ride in WDW. Unless you have no respect for good scenery, a great story, good music, and a ride that is so long it is worth waiting in a long line, then I guess you might not like it. If you don't appreciate Splash Mountain, then I am surprised you even like Disney. :shrug:

Yep - wonderful story line, great characters, gentle humor, surprise drops, suspense leading to the final drop. And no one gets blown up or set on fire! The best 15 minutes in WDW.

As for disappointing ... Stitch and the new Journey into Imagination. Haven't seen the new Nemo yet. We'll see it in October.

themack618

Stitch's Great Escape....I was actually on the WDW college program the year it opened. Me and my fellow cp's on Main Street East were very disappointed that Stitch replaced Alien Encounter!:mad:

Nicole220

not sure what it was called. It was sponsored by GM, put were the people movers used to be... They took it out because the structure couldn't handle it, I dont recall but it may have been rocket rods... hmmm :) I never was there when they had it.
Yes that was Rocket Rods, I loved that ride.

PigletIsMyCat

Im still overwhelmed with all the people having even one good thing to say about Seas with Nemo :shrug:. Yes everyone is entitled to their opinion and Im not knocking anyone for that but my goodness. The money Disney has at its disposal and thats the best they could do? And then some have mentioned they had limited space to work with? Why not knock it down and build something worth seeing then? I myelf given the some time could have com eup with somethign better then a clam shell on a track going past a half dozen crappy movie screens.

As far as knocking it down and build something worth 'seeing', how about looking in the thousands of gallons of water housing aqautic life? They were working in a limited space because there was no new space to be worked with, unless they tore apart the building and started anew. This is not feasible, so they worked with what they had. And I think they did a great job. I love the Nemo ride! I love the way the screens don't always look like 'screens' (like in the scene with Bruce, Nemo shows up on a 'screen' that shows him popping out of a pipe), I LOOOVE the way Nemo and friends are 'in' the tank with the real fishies!!!, and I love the scene in the EAC with Crush.

I also LOOOOOVE Journey the way it is now - I LOOOOVE Eric Idle and I LOOOOOVE Figment and I think it's funny and imaginative and silly. I also LOOOOVE Test Track because it's not about 'riding in a car', it's about how the cars are tested and going fast!!!! We have just as much fun in the queue, too. And I LOOOOOVE Fantasmic! I can't believe people think this is stupid. I still cry everytime I see it.

Tom Morrow

I hate The Seas with Nemo and Friends too, for several reasons:

1. Of all the attractions in Future World, even with all the new additions, it is the only one that I feel truly breaks the theme of Future World/Epcot. It is a Fantasyland style ride - a brief retelling of the movie - nothing more.

2. Its cheap. I wasn't expecting much, but still.

3. I also hate how Nemo is intentionally hiding for some reason, and laughing about it. It doesn't make any sense for him to be doing that. He wasn't mischevious in the movie. Then, at the end of the ride, they are celebrating the fact that they found him, as if he was in danger like in the movie... but he wasn't... he was just hiding, apparently. Why didn't they just follow the movie's plot, since the rest of the ride was so half-assed anyway?

4. "ITS A BIIIIIG BLUE WORLD!!!"

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom