What Ride Is The Most Disappointing...

Bamboo7ster

Honestly tell me what one thing at WDW really ranks as a stand back, stand up, slam your hands together "WoW".

Philharmagic for me. I thought the concept was quite clever and I loved being able to enjoy numerous characters and sceneries all in one ride.

That show left such a lasting impression on me that I can't leave the park without multiple viewings.

lilclerk

I was a little disappointed with Illuminations, it was nice and all but to be ranked #5 in the world I think is a stretch IMHO... at least that is what I was told by a CM that I was talking with while puffing a smoke down near Bay Lake one morning around 6AM... he also said something on the line of it now costing around $40,000 everytime they do it. I personally think they could have upped the amount of lasers to make it cooler.

See, IllumiNations is the highlight of my trip =) To each their own, and that's why WDW is so great. There's something for everyone.

JustPlainBill

The one attraction that disappointed me the most was Gran Fiesta.
The whole dynamic of the ride has been changed since the most recent refurb, I would have rode El Rio de Tiempo several times during an Epcot visit, once for Gran Fiesta was enough for me, I won't return.

raven

For me the worst attractions in WDW are:

5. The Great Movie Ride
4. Indiana Jones Stunt Show
3. Motor Cars Stunt Show
2. Indy Speedway
1. Hall of Presidents

I wouldn't even think twice about them plowing these to make room for better entertainment. Just my opinion. :cool:

ask!

The one attraction that disappointed me the most was Gran Fiesta.
The whole dynamic of the ride has been changed since the most recent refurb, I would have rode El Rio de Tiempo several times during an Epcot visit, once for Gran Fiesta was enough for me, I won't return.

I feel sad...I did not realize that this ride was changed....I loved El Rio de Tiempo:( ...what is the new ride like?

Andrea

Yensid_Robert9

( I apologize first off if this is too long, but the only way to get my point across)
1.) I was a huge fan of AE even though I was like 10 when I rode it and it scared the daylights out of me, I loved it. Thought it was amazing! So when I started my CP program in August, 6 years after my last trip to WDW. I was excited to take my roomates to see if SGE would be anything like AE. They'd all never been to WDW before.... Needless to say I was truly embarrassed! How could they destroy such an awesome attraction?!:(
2.) Monster's Inc. Laugh Floor- I expected so much more very dissapointing. I've seen it 3 times total hoping for some minor changes.... alas nothing. It's practically always the same unlike Turtle Talk where the kids are the key ingredient to different experiences every time.
3.) Nemo the Musical- one word....Horrible. What a waste of time.

BTW whoever said they should make Indy Speedway into a "Cars" theme.....If Disney ever did this I'd be very, very dissapointed! Tomorrowland is my absolute favorite land in MK. With that it would be going in the direction of Pixarland!

JustPlainBill

I feel sad...I did not realize that this ride was changed....I loved El Rio de Tiempo:( ...what is the new ride like?

Andrea
They removed the story of the history of Mexico from ancient times to the present and introduced a light hearted story of the three cablleros, Jose and Panchito search for Donald who is exploring present day Mexico. The music has been changed as well as the narration. When I rode Gran Fiesta the line was empty and I noticed throughout the day that this ride was a walk on, no wait. I'm glad I at least have El Rio De Tiempo on DvD.

worthog352

Here is my well thought out ...park by park.....analysis of whats crap and what isnt

magic kingdom CRAP

1.small world a little bit but cant hate too much because its a classic
2.tiki room....the re-done version is just boring compared to the previous
3.INDY SPEEDWAY....walt disney would cry if he saw this attraction(horrible)
4.Stitch....like everyone else says.....waste of time and life imagineers do this when thinking about this ride :brick: :brick: :brick: :brick:

Epcot CRAP

1. Mission Space version with no movement....why doesnt disney just pass out a blue ray dvd to the people in the hotel rooms instead of making them waste their time in line and in the ride vehicles...that would cut down wait time if they had all moving ride rooms instead of 2 for blue and 2 for red
2.Honey I shrunk the kids.....this was out dated in the 70's :ROFLOL: :ROFLOL:
3.Ellens Energy Adventure

MGM CRAP

1.Honey i shrunk the kids playground....they need to do a more recent movie and redo this
2.BACKLOT TOUR...this is about as fun as watching paint dry on the dinosaur cafe thing i the pond next to the sorcerer hat
3.Sounds Dangerous
4.The narnia thing....didnt that come out a while ago...hmmmmmmm:hammer:

Animal Kingdon Crap

EVERYTHING EXCEPT: Dinosaur, Expedition Everest, It's tough to be a bug, Kilimanjaro Safari, and the Animal Encounters

Extra Notes:

1. it DOES stink on splash mountain...but still one of the best rides
2. The Chilli Dog Smell doesn't go away for a whole day
3. The ride Home is Sad
4.disney Needs a few new value resorts
5. The person who thought of the dino-rama should be fired
6. who was the smart guy who decided to put rockin rollercoaster and tower of terror next to each other

THANKS FOR READING AND BRING ON THE CRITICS

Yankeeplex

My take on disappointing rides...

I want to preface my rant by saying I am a die hard Disney fan and will be going on my 38th trip in November. However, you have to wonder what people are thinking with some of the crappy rides that still exist. What makes me scratch my head even more are the new attractions, that started from scratch, that are disappointing. Here are my disappointments...

Magic Kingdom:
1. Stitch's Great Escape-way too scary for children, too boring for adults
2. Tomorrowland Indy Speedway-the only thing worse than this ride are the
fumes you smell when you walk by
3. Jungle Cruise-classic ride but the fake animals look like they are from the
stone age...don't be afraid to put a coat of paint on them

Epcot:
1. The Seas with Nemo & Friends-with a clean slate this is what they come
up with...All I kept thinking was 'ok...when is the cool stuff supposed to
happen. Huge disappointment.
2. Imagination-Get rid of Eric Idle and bring back the man with the hat...
Not at all funny and lacking the fun tone it once had.
3. The Universe of Energy...enough of the attempts at humor and bring
back the original reason why they built it...education and wonder.

MGM:
1. Star Tours-once the coolest ride, 15 years ago, is not in need of a
major overhaul...come on George, use some of that newly minted
Star Wars money and step up to the plate with an original idea that
will blow us away
2. The Great Movie Ride-a much needed overhaul is needed to a boring
story line...this could be a fantastic ride if the imagineers could get a
hold of it.

Animal Kingdom:
This is a little different situation. With EE becoming one of the must see rides, it is clear that this could be a direct shot at Busch Gardens. MORE
COASTERS!!! Disney could add 2-3 more coasters and create a destination spot with Animal Kingdom instead of EE, the Kilimanjaro Safari, and a bunch of filler.
Also, add a real outdoor food atmosphere with foods that better reflect the park instead of the usual pizza, hamburgers, and fries.

Sorry for ranting, but these are just a few things that I needed to get off my chest. Thanks for the opportunity to speak.

davinakb

Lots of good comments here, and I agree with most, especially regarding disappointment having everything to do with the audience and their expectations.
  • SGE was just a horrible update. Just ... no.
  • Nemo: did not think it bad, but certainly was not wowed by the changes. I also realize that it was more about adding a "ride" to EPCOT that a) anyone could go on and b) helped them brand one of their more successful Pixar products.
  • EE: never been (motion sickness, scaredy cat) but sister loves coasters (she of the "there is no point to the mild Mission:Space" variety) and she was very disappointed. It is more a "thrill" coaster ride that is more everyone friendly, as opposed to taking RR/Space and others to the next level which is what she wanted/expected.
Others that could stand some refurbing: HISTA, Star Tours, almost any country film at EPCOT. And agree that they waste opportunities when Aladdin and Triceratop Spin are just another Dumbo for young kids.

The rest are to each his own. Love Soarin', Buzz but then I fastpass and do not wait in long lines. And the last time I did the Jungle Cruise our guide hilarious and we had a great time. FWIW.

Top Tip: Dont wait then
Further top tip: Don't post sarcastic comments when someone is expressing an opinion.

Unlike the majority of people, myself and family found Soarin' to be a let down and were expecting something incredible....This does not mean that you or anyone else will not enjoy it...it is simply our opinion.....:brick:

allabtbrdway

See, IllumiNations is the highlight of my trip =) To each their own, and that's why WDW is so great. There's something for everyone.

yeah, illuminations just doesnt do it for me like the other nighttimes shows do. The music is great and i love the ending, but other than that i get bored. But like you said, to each their own, becuase when i read you didnt like fantasmic! i was in such shock! that is my favorite show...you gotta love how disney just has something for everyone!

Nicole220

1. Basically everything in MK. I was disappointed with the state of the rides compared to those at DL.
2. The flight home
3. Fantasmic

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom