What Ride Is The Most Disappointing...

lilmizpixie3

I would say stitch is pretty bad, the comedy show was pretty bad, but we saw it during the soft opening and I think they could improve it a lot more.

doop

I had high hopes for Monsters, Inc Laugh Floor going in, but it turned out worse than I had expected. Some of the jokes were mildly amusing, but the show was altogether mediocre in my opinion.

docandsix

I'm surprised at many of the answers--in my opinion, for instance, Splash Mountain qualifies as one of the top ten attractions in all of WDW, and I wouldn't even consider listening to a rebuttal on that point. And given the limitations related to space available, I think the new Nemo ride represented an outstanding addition to Epcot. However, I imagine that my list will also ruffle a feather or two:

1. Dinosaur--It's always been too dark, too loud, and too frenetic to figure out what's going on. What could've been a beautiful but ultimately threatening visit to view exotic life of the distant past becomes a confusing, agitating trip through a high-tech version of the old, cheap, carnival fun house. The only thing that's missing is the obnoxious hiss of compressed air with every "startling" effect. I give it another chance every time I visit, and every time I wind up disappointed. I would rather see the "Primeval World" diorama on the Disneyland Railroad a dozen times than do Dinosaur once.

2. Fantasmic--Some lights, some water, some fireworks, and a bunch of people running around with beach ball-sized masks on their heads. I just don't get it.

3. Lights, Motors, Action--Unacceptably loud and ridiculously malodorous. It struck me as little more than an exponentially more expensive version of the lame Batman stunt show available at the local Six Flags park.

Dishonorable mention, failing to qualify only because my expectations were limited to begin with: All of Dinorama, Aladdin's Magic Carpets, and El Rio del Tiempo. Avoiding the designation only by its claim on nostalgia: The overrated, sadly dated, regretably neglected Space Mountain, which is capable of so much more, as the renovated Disneyland version attests.

Dj Corona

Add one more vote for the cab ride and flight home.............

As for anything else, it's pretty much been covered, but here's my top 5, and in no special order:
1) Kali River Rapids - Pretty much a raft full of strangers with stranger looks on our faces all going, "Ummmm, that's it?"
2) Test Track - For all the hype and lines, 65mph with the top down:shrug: .
3) I know i'm probably gonna get the internet version of a beatdown with a sock full of quarters, but Carousel Of Progress. Just because my family and I had never ridden it, and it wasn't until I came across these boards that we heard how great,classic, etc. it was, and thought we were missing out on something.....not so much.
4) Rehabbed POTC - I understand the reasoning behind it, not so happy with the execution (add to the fact the freakin' taco restaurant across from it is never open anymore when we go, and that just adds to the pouty lipness!)
5) Pooh - Not because the ride stinks, just 'cause they had to kill off Mr. Toad to put him there, not to mention years later putting up a playground just to eat up space 'till something better comes along.

kennyj29

After reading some of these threads, I'm surprised some of you even go!!!! We all have a couple of rides we think stink but some of you are listing some of the best rides Disney has. If you think they stink, why do you even go? Can someone tell me what HISTA is? I can't figure it out, I know I'll be hitting my head with a hammer after I'm told, but I just can't figure it out right now. Also, the ride home is the worst. My husband gets so moody when we leave I can't take it because I'm upset too.....MEN! lol Anyway I've always hated the Speedway because of the fumes and Country Bears. The Country Bears need a major overhaul. I was sitting in the first row the last time we went and the condition of the place is just awful......normally I'm oblivious but it was so bad I couldn't help but notice. :hammer:

MaXXimus

Original Poster
Why do I go back? WDW still gives me a feeling you cannot get anywhere else on earth in my own opinion. As for most of the complaints on here I think they are extremly valid.

After not being to Disney for 9 yrs I was expecting a few more "WoWs" and I was left sitting there going "Ummm where's the beef?" There is quite a few things that are either new since my last trip or things that I just wasnt able to do during my last trip. I tried my best to hit them all this time and as luck would have it I came back with only one thing still not seen which was Fantasmic. But with all the new (to me anyway) things I saw I could combine all the OoOo's & Ahhhhhh's I got out of each one and still wouldnt add up to a "WoW".

I would bet my last dollar if Walt was still around Disney would be nothing but WoW's. Since his untimely death its as if all the owners just gave up on trying to give us "The Magic" and opted instead for just enough "amusement" to make us want to come back again. It's really sad to think that Disney makes billions a year even after what it pays out with salaries and so forth and we dont come out of our vacation with a "WoW".

Honestly tell me what one thing at WDW really ranks as a stand back, stand up, slam your hands together "WoW". I cannot come up with one and in my opinion the rides have the following ranking Cool - So So -Thats It?. And with those rankings I would honestly have to say that 25% fall into the Cool, 30% fall into the So So, leaving 45% in the Thats It?. You would think that after spending 8 days at WDW I woud have so much to talk about to friends and family about my trip but when I was asked how my trip was I said that it was "fun" and that my family (wife and kids) had a blast because it was their first time.

M:SpilotISTC12

Add one more vote for the cab ride and flight home.............

As for anything else, it's pretty much been covered, but here's my top 5, and in no special order:
1) Kali River Rapids - Pretty much a raft full of strangers with stranger looks on our faces all going, "Ummmm, that's it?"
2) Test Track - For all the hype and lines, 65mph with the top down:shrug: .
3) I know i'm probably gonna get the internet version of a beatdown with a sock full of quarters, but Carousel Of Progress. Just because my family and I had never ridden it, and it wasn't until I came across these boards that we heard how great,classic, etc. it was, and thought we were missing out on something.....not so much.
4) Rehabbed POTC - I understand the reasoning behind it, not so happy with the execution (add to the fact the freakin' taco restaurant across from it is never open anymore when we go, and that just adds to the pouty lipness!)
5) Pooh - Not because the ride stinks, just 'cause they had to kill off Mr. Toad to put him there, not to mention years later putting up a playground just to eat up space 'till something better comes along.

1 Kali is fun but it is awkward to be with people you dont know.
2 My dad drives in a car for 2 hours everyday so he refuses to ride it because it reminds him of work.
3 Carousel of Progress has nostalgia.
4. New POTC is ruined it went from top 5 to bottom 5 in a hurry. You take a boat ride to see a spot lighted Jack Sparrow. Its like ok take this ride to see one AA.
5 I am totally with you on that one.

Nemo14

I think that whenever we get into a thread like this it's too easy to start complaining about everything, to the point where WDW sounds like the worst possible place on earth. The fact is, there's so much at WDW that we love which is why we keep going back for more. Some of the things that we don't particularly care for might be someone else's favorites, but that's all part of the magic. There's something there for everyone, so if you don't care for a particular ride, or restaurant, you can just skip it and do something else.

kennyj29

Potc

I love the new version of pirates!!!! I thought they did it without over doing it! It's a great addition to the ride.........kudo's to Disney for doing it with style!

EpcotServo

Oh and EpcotServo if you are talking ride time vs wait time then don't forget to throw Soarin' in.
Well, from an E-Ticket standpoint (I.E. the hour long line rides.), five minutes of ride and a five minute pre-show isn't too bad. As long as you're not in a bottom row that is.

Krimedog

Nemo- Five minute wait.... could have wasted that five minutes plus the ride watching the seagulls who would entertain me more

There's a great big beautiful tom- Carousel of progress

Country Bears- Havent done the ride since my first trip to disney......like 6 years ago

Stitch- Same basic concept as The alien ride before it, excpet they put stitch into it, stupid.

And whoever says you hate POTC, or Splash, you must be on crack and or higher than a kite, they are two of the best rides in disney.

lilclerk

Oh shoot, how could I forget Fantasmic?
Please don't stone me, but I was highly disappointed in it. It's the highlight of my best friend's trip though, so I guess it's cool if it stays ;)
Actually I was really looking forward to seeing it in Disneyland because I hear it's a lot better, but I went during the week when they didn't have any nighttime shows. =( That was highly disappointing as well.

MaXXimus

Original Poster
I was a little disappointed with Illuminations, it was nice and all but to be ranked #5 in the world I think is a stretch IMHO... at least that is what I was told by a CM that I was talking with while puffing a smoke down near Bay Lake one morning around 6AM... he also said something on the line of it now costing around $40,000 everytime they do it. I personally think they could have upped the amount of lasers to make it cooler.

the-reason14

I think that whenever we get into a thread like this it's too easy to start complaining about everything, to the point where WDW sounds like the worst possible place on earth.

After reading several posts on this thread, Im starting to believe that to some WDW can be the worst place on earth.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom