What Ride Is The Most Disappointing...

ag2000

anyone here find it disapointing that the indy speedway is in tomorrowland? why dont the update the vehicles so they look like "tomorrows" vehicle.

sophie_the_pooh

(...)I can't stand DINOSAUR. The ride is basically like The Indiana Jones Ride at DLR but without a decent plot or anything that would make the ride entertaining.(...)

I thought no one would mention it! I loved the Indiana Jones ride in DL and I thought DINOSAUR was a cheap version of it...

I also think the Gran Fiesta Tour is disappointing, too many videos and not enough real action (well, I don't mean "real" action, I mean that I would have like to see some Three Caballeros animatronics for the final scene).

But I agree with many of you, the ride home is the worst of them all...:cry:

Bamboo7ster

The first thing I thought of when I saw the title of this thread was Nemo.

The problem with the new Nemo & Gran Fiesta rides is that they rely too much on 2D images. The whole reason Disney dark rides are so fun is that they transport you into another 3-Dimensional world filled with 3-Dimensional characters. Sure, I thought the effect of the 2D Nemo characters in the same tank as real fish was quite clever, but the whole ride was just like watching tv and that is something that I can do at home.

Well, I can't quite watch tv while riding in a pink clam at home, but you get the idea.

wdwmomof3

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Hey, if it stinks, it stinks, LOL.

I'd say the ride home is the worst!!

I laugh at my kids because they love splash mountain, but only the drop. My 9 year old says that the rest needs to go.

I agree with the worst ride it the ride home!!! My 6 year old son talked alllllll of the way home and its a good 8 hours trip. :hammer:

DisneyLindz

Here's my top three disappointments in Disney:

1. It's a Small World. You couldn't pay me enough money to ride it!

2. Stitch's Great Escape.

3. Alladin's Carpet Ride (or whatever it's called). It's just another Dumbo (although I love Dumbo, it's classic) .... i wish they would have done a different type of ride for the movie.

The ONLY reason that I didn't list The Nemo Ride is because we walked right onto it.... if I waited any time I would have thought it was a waste. It was just a nice break from the heat!

CMSomeday

Nemo-like the seagulls out front better than the ride, Maelstrom, Dinosnore and the rama area

Others for consideration:

Barnstormer-lasts 3.2 seconds
Jungle cruise-if uninspired driver
Muppets 3-d- didn't think it was funny
Robinson's Treehouse- :snore:
EE- like it, but think it should be longer whether that is setting up the thrill part or simply making the ride longer

Imaginationeer

1. Lights, Motors, Action!
2. The Narnia advertisement show
3. Test Track
4. Under New Management
5. The 2000 and current Journey Into Your Imaginations
6. Tower of Terror
7. Disney-MGM's Fantasmic!
8. Chester n' Hester's Dino-Rama!
9. Kali River Rapids
10. The current Backlot Tour
11. The current Animation Tour
12. Rock n' Rollercoaster (but only because of Aerosmith)
13. Mickey's Philharmagic

And to the poster who said no one likes Stitch's Great Escape!...I do. And maybe I'm the only one, but I think it's actually one of Disney's best.
ed: I can't believe I forgot Pooh's Playful Spot. Hands down the winner of most wasted space, worst addition, and least interesting playground ever. I think it ties LMA for first position. I'm guessing I forgot it because I saw no reason to remember it.
^^^Intoxicated at time of Post^^^:D

tinkerblonde11

Honey I Shrunk The Kids def. needs a refurbishment and Stitch I must say is just a boring waste of a ride. The ride home is most dissapointing!:cry:

Imaginationeer

There are several that I thought were highly over-rated:

1. TT: The most over-rated ride ever. If you're a child, than you MIGHT find this ride scary. I live in California...people drive like crap all the time.

2. HISTA: Extremely outdated and the CM don't even enjoy working at this attraction.

3. Soarin': Rode it numerous times at DCA and this ride/attraction is extremely over rated. It's okay, but not great. I wouldn't mind riding this attraction if it were a ten minute wait for it.

4. Buzzlight Year: Boring. It's a moving carnival attraction. Nothing special about this attraction. Too bad, because they could have done so much with it.

5. Backstage Lot Tour: If you have two to three hours to waist your life away than check this attraction out. The backstage stuff is boring, nothing that is impressive, and more the half the sets/costumes/props/etc. are from movies that stunk at the box office.

6. Stitch's Great Escape: Never ridden it and probably won't. He doesn't appeal to me.

7. Dinorama USA: This entire section is poorly done. I know it's suppose to feel like a nice carnival and the classic cars in the "parking lot" just feels like Disney didn't know what else to do so they choose this theme as a last minute suggestion to put down on paper. Which, I can't stand DINOSAUR. The ride is basically like The Indiana Jones Ride at DLR but without a decent plot or anything that would make the ride entertaining.

I'm sure there are more things I could write down...I just cannot think of any at the time.
^^^Slightly Intoxicated at time of Post^^^:D

Imaginationeer

Most disappointing has to be Stitch. I expected so much on opening day, went in, and came out with a blank stare not believing how bad it was. They made minor changes afterwards, it was worse.
I think the people who say Test Track are a little off the wall. These are the same kind of people who will ride the Cars inspired version in a couple of years at DL and say "That was Awesome". Then there's the people that say Small World. It's for kids, if you didn't like it asa kid, you're not going to have the connection to it when you get older. For the people who said Soarin', im guessing you waited an hour in standby and its a good amount of the reason for the dislike. I'm sorry i've never waited over a half hour for anything despite over 100 trips, but i think you need to forget the wait and just think about the attraction. These three rides are not disappointing, just the wait is.:wave:

haveyoumetmark

I'll stick up for Nemo, the Imagineers did a great job with what they had. The old Seacabs weren't exactly exciting...

The Tomorrowland Indy Speedway is horrific! :eek: That's a gorgeous plot of land that needs to make it to the chopping block soon enough so we can have a worthwhile replacement. :D

KimnAbby

Mickey's Philharmagic, which was misleading by featuring Donald Duck, was disappointing to me. Also, Peter Pan has always been a disappointment to me. Lines that stretch for miles for a two minute ride in a boat. Not that great.

I think I'm a fan of most everything else! Although I haven't seen the new Living Seas with Nemo and I haven't done Stitch's Great Escape. It replaced Alien Encounter so I have to take a stand against it and never ride it in protest...

imagineer boy

Stitch's Great Escape, Stitch's Great Escape, Stitch's Great Escape, Stitch's Great Escape, Stitch's Great Escape, Stitch's Great Escape, Stitch's Great Escape, Stitch's Great Escape, Stitch's Great Escape, Stitch's Great Escape, Stitch's Great Escape, Stitch's Great Escape, Stitch's Great Escape, Stitch's Great Escape, Stitch's Great Escape, Stitch's Great Escape, Stitch's Great Escape, Stitch's Great Escape, Stitch's Great Escape, Stitch's Great Escape, Stitch's Great Escape, Stitch's Great Escape, Stitch's Great Escape, Stitch's Great Escape, Stitch's Great Escape, Stitch's Great Escape, Stitch's Great Escape, Stitch's Great Escape, Stitch's Great Escape, Stitch's Great Escape, Stitch's Great Escape, Stitch's Great Escape, Stitch's Great Escape, Stitch's Great Escape, Stitch's Great Escape, Stitch's Great Escape, Stitch's Great Escape, Stitch's Great Escape, Stitch's Great Escape, Stitch's Great Escape, Stitch's Great Escape, Stitch's Great Escape, Stitch's Great Escape, Stitch's Great Escape, Stitch's Great Escape, Stitch's Great Escape, Stitch's Great Escape, Stitch's Great Escape, Stitch's Great Escape, Stitch's Great Escape, Stitch's Great Escape, Stitch's Great Escape, Stitch's Great Escape, Stitch's Great Escape, and oh yes, Stitch's Great Escape.

MaXXimus

Original Poster
Damn near all of you have solid points in your posts... it really seems as though WDW needs some major loving all the way around. I know updating all the time costs money but for the same ride, movie etc to be the same or close enough to it for (at least me) 28 yrs is just screaming rehab or demolition. Classics are nice but I think that tends to lean towards cars and music... rides on the other hand need updating or it becomes too repetitive and boring.

Hell even the stuff I never saw before just seemed not Disney enough, like... Lights & Motors was ok but I was expecting more action, explosions and so on. Indiana Jones was ok but would not say it was anything to write home about. Test Track would rate pretty cool but was expecting more. Stitch was just plan stupid and a waste of space. Nemo is the same as Stitch. Big Thunder Mountain was damn good but even for a non coaster lover would have to say it was less exciting then expected... if they added about 5 more minutes to the ride and a drop twice as long as Splash Mountain I would still ride it but it would be much more exciting.

I mean really, I will continue to be a WDW lover but I think the rides and overall attractions within the parks are becoming dull and I go there more for just the Disney feeling I get. I think its a shame that this being my 5th trip since 12 yrs old that my next trip I will have such a limited anount of things worth standing in lines for. As of right now the only thing I want to see on my next trip would be HM to see what was done during the refurb.

Its also a shame that the amount of money that is dumped into all the various WDW parks, apparel etc. that new and better attractions cannot be added more often as well as update some of the existing older rides at least every 10 yrs. I bet if I went to the car I drove when I was 12 in the speedway it would still have the same dents and scratches as well as my piece of bubblegum still plastered under the seat :lol: .

the-reason14

The monsters inc show was corny and stupid and boring. Nemo the ride and show were great I dont know what some of yall is talkin about. IMO.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom