What Ride Is The Most Disappointing...

350ceo

For me it would be Test Track. In no way is it the worst ride on property. It's a can't skip ride. But most disapointment comes from high expectations. In 1998 it was supposed to be open for our trip, but it had been delayed. I finally made it back to WDW this past Novemeber for my first ride, and well it left me wanting a lot more.

Thanks to sites like this I knew not to expect great things from Stitch :) Hence no disappointment

jjgoo

I find it hard to believe that no-one has brought up the Tomorrowland Indy Speedway.

It has disappointed me for several years running. First when I was a little kid, I was too short, next when I was an adult a few times the line for the ride was and hour long (I just won't wait that long which is why I tend to go to WDW in the fall), finally I was there for EMH one evening and there was only a 15min wait so I went on the ride and blah. All those years of waiting and I could run faster than those cars move. And it isn't the least bit interesting. The whole ride is just a huge disappointment. I think a parkinglot would be more interesting.

Oh and EpcotServo if you are talking ride time vs wait time then don't forget to throw Soarin' in.

jjgoo

I want to comment also that the Indy Speedway is so bad I think it is on no-one's list because they have just completely forgotten that it is even there.

brainpile3000

Nemo.

The seagulls out front are great and get you excited for a sweet ride...
Needless to say, watching a bunch of videos was not my idea of a great time.

PurpleDragon

I agree that the Nemo attraction is pretty simplistic, however you guys are forgetting one thing, the seas building is at least 3/4 salt water tank. So the amount of space they had to work with was literally the track used for the old ride, which esentialy took you thru some tunnels and past some windows while you were told about the sea life in the tank, so not much to work with. They did the best they could with the space they had available. I think the technology they used to make it appear as tho the characters are in the tank is amazing. Its a great ride for kids, which is basically what the whole pavillion has become "for kids". Its no longer the educational sea base alpha we all remember, and the place we learned about sea life and conservation efforts. Its now all about meeting the characters from Finding Nemo. :brick:

Back on topic, I would have to say the most disappointing attraction for me would be Stitch's Great Escape and I haven't even ridden it :lol:. Also I agree the Indy SPeedway is very disappointing, not so much for the experience, but for the fact that Disney has made no efforts to upgrade the cars, or even attempt to use some form of clean burning fuel. The exhaust from those cars gave me a headache last time I rode them.

cmatt

heh most of the rides that let me down looked dire in the queue tbh - ala under new management.

One ride i was dissapointed with however had to be buzz lightyear - especially after riding the awesome mib ride at universal...

MaXXimus

Original Poster
I want to comment also that the Indy Speedway is so bad I think it is on no-one's list because they have just completely forgotten that it is even there.

HaHaHa, nice one and very true! I passed it 3 times I think and dont recall even giving it a second look.

LoriMistress

There are several that I thought were highly over-rated:

1. TT: The most over-rated ride ever. If you're a child, than you MIGHT find this ride scary. I live in California...people drive like crap all the time.

2. HISTA: Extremely outdated and the CM don't even enjoy working at this attraction.

3. Soarin': Rode it numerous times at DCA and this ride/attraction is extremely over rated. It's okay, but not great. I wouldn't mind riding this attraction if it were a ten minute wait for it.

4. Buzzlight Year: Boring. It's a moving carnival attraction. Nothing special about this attraction. Too bad, because they could have done so much with it.

5. Backstage Lot Tour: If you have two to three hours to waist your life away than check this attraction out. The backstage stuff is boring, nothing that is impressive, and more the half the sets/costumes/props/etc. are from movies that stunk at the box office.

6. Stitch's Great Escape: Never ridden it and probably won't. He doesn't appeal to me.

7. Dinorama USA: This entire section is poorly done. I know it's suppose to feel like a nice carnival and the classic cars in the "parking lot" just feels like Disney didn't know what else to do so they choose this theme as a last minute suggestion to put down on paper. Which, I can't stand DINOSAUR. The ride is basically like The Indiana Jones Ride at DLR but without a decent plot or anything that would make the ride entertaining.

I'm sure there are more things I could write down...I just cannot think of any at the time.

wdwmomof3

The Only reason we ride this is because my children love it. I really wish that they would change it to a "Cars" theme. I think that it would be cute.

MaXXimus

Original Poster
The Only reason we ride this is because my children love it. I really wish that they would change it to a "Cars" theme. I think that it would be cute.

Its funny you say that, cause my 17 yr old daughter said the same exact thing when she saw it for the first time last Saturday night.

KaliSplash

Worst rides have to be Dumbo and his three clones. Although at least the Astro Orbiter is high enough in the air you could be afraid you are going to fall out. If that appeals to you.

As to the comments about Test Track or Dinosaur. Test Track is NOT a thrill ride. If you thought it was, I can see that you would be disappointed. But it is not. As for Dinosaur being a clone of Indy out in California, many of us have never been to DL and some of us don't even recognize when tracks are the same, if the scenry is different.

CThaddeus

As to the comments about Test Track or Dinosaur. Test Track is NOT a thrill ride. If you thought it was, I can see that you would be disappointed. But it is not.

You're right. There's nothing thrilling about it. It's a ride in a car. I do it every day. I do it to get to Epcot. The last thing I want to do when I'm at Epcot is to wait for 45 minutes to do something that isn't the least bit unique. The ride system may be technologically advanced, but the ride itself is a huge bore - you go up, you brake, you brake again, you get heat blown on you, you get cold air blown on you, you swerve to avoid a semi, you go fast (but not as fast as you would in a real car).

sleepybear

Um, hello, Kali River Rapids? I can't believe no one has brought up the most un-Disneylike ride on Disney property. This ride has not one redeeming quality. I rode it once and never will again.

I agree 100%. I love raft rides like that and was expecting a home run in the same way Splash Mountain is the ultimate log flume. Well, color me disappointed. It got me thoroughly drenched, but there was no story, not much themeing (except for the line, which is amazing) and just not much to it. The first time I went on it, I was shocked when it was over. I was expecting five more minutes of ride, at least. It's the rare instance when other parks, such as Busch Gardens Williamsburg and Hersheypark, do a much better job than Disney.

PiratePrincess

My daughters and I rode Soarin last week and we had to wait in line 30 min even with a fastpass. They liked it but I thought it was way over rated. All you do is sit and watch a movie of flying over parts of california.

LoriMistress

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Hey, if it stinks, it stinks, LOL.

I'd say the ride home is the worst!!

Isn't the whole point of going on SpM is to get wet? Though, I can understand why the ride would smell. Dirty water, mold, etc. Expecially if it's on a hot day, than yea--I can feel ya on that one. Though, I normall go around fall/winter so we don't normally deal with being a quarter mile from the sun.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom