What old rumored projects do you want to see John Lasseter reevaluate?

mickeykid79

I agree with PONGO, Let's keep it creative and use new ideas.I would like to see Monster Inc. take over Universe of Energy, dealing with the first monsters on the Earth and how they pave the way so that we can have the fossil fuels and energy sources we have today.

Space Mountain v2 @ WDW should also take place, using the old skyway as a queue area, allowing more space inside the SM for the loopy loops.Its time to say GOODBYE to CoP, a new attraction called The Tomorrowland Retro Metro Histoical Museuem, A look back at the future of the past.

I can recall when everyone rumored about bald mountain, project gemini, and the beastly kingdom, and no where did anyone suspected that disney will built Mount Everest, that came out of left field, so I guess we can't dwell on old ideas, but hope that JOHN would see to it that the attractions, are maintianed and creative and that Disney continues to set the standards in amusement park attractions....

BY THE WAY, JOHN ---NO MORE PLAYGROUNDS!!!

Enderikari

Ghostbuster626 said:
Ok you know what. I will be the bigger person and end this argument.

Nice Edit... and we tried the play nice thing... I've already been the bigger man (remember the pirates rehab board?)...

But, this has got to stop. As long as I have been on WDWMagic, it has always been a place to foster new ideas and creative spirit towards a place that everyone who posts here loves. Useful discussion among the dreamers and the doers, to bring together folks who really appreciate WDW.

None of us fully understand what is going on, and most of us appreciate the ability to learn bits and pieces of info from people in the know.

But you... you are not in the know. You believe everything you are told from shyster websites and you spew trash on every speculative board. You don't like Eisner? Fine, you don't have to like him... but the reasons you don't like him are not valid ones... You think Lasseter will bring a new renaissance to Disney? Fine, we'll see how the chips fall... You think WDW is a trash heap, not fit for anybody to walk around in, simply because it doesn't do everything some snot-nosed internet kid thinks it should? That is your god-given right..

But it is your opinion... You have no facts... You have only a deep hatred for the product Disney is offering, and an undying need to make everyone believe the same thing you do...

You want my advice? Formed from my opinion? Tone it down a notch... Listen to what others are telling you (you have been told the same thing many, many times). Form your own opinions but recognize your own fallibility.

These WDWmagic boards used to be a nice place for calm suggestions. People putting out ideas, debating them, and listening to new information as it became known to them...

You.. yes... you sir... turned it into the same type of aggressive, ignorant, ad hominem boards that I am used to seeing coming from lower-quality websites like Miceage's Micechat and others.

Tone it down, for the good of everybody else.

ballewclan

Enderikari said:
Nice Edit... and we tried the play nice thing... I've already been the bigger man (remember the pirates rehab board?)...

But, this has got to stop. As long as I have been on WDWMagic, it has always been a place to foster new ideas and creative spirit towards a place that everyone who posts here loves. Useful discussion among the dreamers and the doers, to bring together folks who really appreciate WDW.

None of us fully understand what is going on, and most of us appreciate the ability to learn bits and pieces of info from people in the know.

But you... you are not in the know. You believe everything you are told from shyster websites and you spew trash on every speculative board. You don't like Eisner? Fine, you don't have to like him... but the reasons you don't like him are not valid ones... You think Lasseter will bring a new renaissance to Disney? Fine, we'll see how the chips fall... You think WDW is a trash heap, not fit for anybody to walk around in, simply because it doesn't do everything some snot-nosed internet kid thinks it should? That is your god-given right..

But it is your opinion... You have no facts... You have only a deep hatred for the product Disney is offering, and an undying need to make everyone believe the same thing you do...

You want my advice? Formed from my opinion? Tone it down a notch... Listen to what others are telling you (you have been told the same thing many, many times). Form your own opinions but recognize your own fallibility.

These WDWmagic boards used to be a nice place for calm suggestions. People putting out ideas, debating them, and listening to new information as it became known to them...

You.. yes... you sir... turned it into the same type of aggressive, ignorant, ad hominem boards that I am used to seeing coming from lower-quality websites like Miceage's Micechat and others.

c'mon ender, may i call you ender?

give the kid a break...actually hes 21 nvm

there will always be people you disagree with because they dont know what they're talking about :wave:

for the record...i agree with you though :lookaroun

imagineer boy

jdvm said:
Haven't been on these boards lately...what happened to Thrawn???....sorry to be off topic

The forum satan got banned when he picked a fight with the worst person to ever pick a fight with on the forums.... Steve.

Pongo

Enderikari said:

:sohappy:

Excellent post! Thank you for saying that.

jmuboy

I wish John Lasseter would re-evaluate why the following atrocities were ever built ................ and remove them:

- Pooh Eyesore Playground
- Stitch's Great Mistake
- MGM Hat
- EPCOT Wand
- Pop Century
- ToonTown Fair
- Drew Carey "Sounds Awful" Show

I know I'm dreaming - that these things will ever be removed. But I can hope!!!!

Ghostbuster626

Original Poster
Enderikari said:

Just to clarify, I think WDW is a trash heap compared to the high standards both Disneyland and Walt Disney World used to have as recent as ten years ago. I have witnessed a decline in quality and I took a stand with millions of other shareholders and we have helped (albeit in a very tiny way) to bring great change to the company. I am however very confident that the high standards I am accustomed too will return within the year.

Second of all I dont believe everything I am told on "shyster" websites. Al Lutz has proven his accuracy time after time and many people even on this forum will atest to that. Aside from Lutz, I believe what my three other "in the know" sources tell me as well as a select few very reliable people on this very message board.

Legacy

Ghostbuster626 said:
Just to clarify, I think WDW is a trash heap compared to the high standards both Disneyland and Walt Disney World used to have as recent as ten years ago. I have witnessed a decline in quality and I took a stand with millions of other shareholders and we have helped (albeit in a very tiny way) to bring great change to the company. I am however very confident that the high standards I am accustomed too will return within the year.

Second of all I dont believe everything I am told on "shyster" websites. Al Lutz has proven his accuracy time after time and many people even on this forum will atest to that. Aside from Lutz, I believe what my three other "in the know" sources tell me as well as a select few very reliable people on this very message board.
Al Lutz? No offense to the guy but he is a Rush Limbaugh to Jim Hill's Al Franken. Save Disney donated money to Lutz to help promote both of them. I rarely read any of those sites because all of them have such an editorialist spin on everything they say. The only one's worth reading in my opinion are Kevin Yee and the lady who does the articles for Hill regarding the Capitan viewings.

Enderikari

Ghostbuster626 said:
I am however very confident that the high standards I am accustomed too will return within the year.

Who's high standards? yours? More than 16 million people who came to the Magic Kingdom last year disagree... The thousands of guest surveyed by the WDC about attractions such as Stitch's Great Escape, Pooh's Playful Spot, and even Mickey's Philharmagic (which you previously stated was a sub-par attraction), and their positive responses disagree with you. Walt Disney World has never been affected by YOUR opinion, and, god-willing, it never will be. The one thing I care about is making sure that WDW will be there for me to take my children to, so i can ride on some Disney rides with my kids. But in order for that to happen, some business decisions have to be made. Someone, anyone with the power to do so, has to be the one to tell the wannabe Walt's known as Imagineering that they can't spend money willy-nilly in order to see a pet project through. Without that person, there can be no more creativity.
Lasseter will not, and cannot be allowed to run rampant putting all the blue-sky projects that come across his desk into production, anybody with any business sense would know that. Changes within a year? Its good to know that you have some lofty dreams, but budgets have been assigned. Stockholders, such as me and apparently you (it is so easy to misrepresent yourself over the internet, and I have serious doubts that you are over 16 years old, based on the caliber of your arguments, grammer, and writing ability) own stock in the company because they believe that stock will pay off in greater dividends. Not so they can entertain the ignorant/insane notion that they helped "overthrow" a man who was A:already on his way out and B: the person who made their stock worth purchasing in the first place. Greater dividends are paid off when the company is more profitable...
WDW had one of its busiest (thus more profitable) years ever last year... That's riding the coattails of Happiest Celebration on Earth, riding high on Soarin', having guests stay at the resorts Eisner built, taking their kids on Stitch's Great Escape... The most complaints that have come across my little area of the world are that the parks are too crowded! How does that affect your stock there pal?
You have a gilded view of the past, and no one is faulting you for that... You remember the past fondly, but, as I have seen in someone's signature here on WDWMAgic, nostalgia isn't what it used to be. You don't remember WDW and DL in the late 70's/early 80's. The rough garden fencing that was used for horticulture, the milk crates they would store flowers in. Disneyland's turnstiles were an unpaved mess for nearly a decade. 20K Leagues under the Sea leaked like a sieve, and if a guest had a panic attack in the middle of the water, there was no real safe way to get them out of there... So tough, sit out the rest of the attraction. One good wind gust would stop the Skyway for emergency purposes, and you can find pictures all over of times when huge ladders, sometimes even firetrucks were brought on-stage in order to evacuate folks stuck high in the sky. You speak wistfully of old attractions, but why aren't you lobbying to bring back Monsanto Home of the Future? Or the U.F.O.'s? You comment about the infestation of Pixar characters, but say nothing about the Chicken of the Sea ship that cruised DL's Rivers of America.

Selective Memory... Gilded View of the Past.... none of it is real...
as I have said before, your opinions are not fact, and the more you post, the more I find out that they aren't even based in fact... There is no reality to what you believe. I truly do feel sorry for you, because you are waiting for something that will never come.

You want Walt Disney World to be perfect in your eyes, and will never be happy until it is as such; I see that Walt Disney World already is perfect, and can get truly excited about what the future has in store.

Ghostbuster626

Original Poster
Enderikari said:
Who's high standards? yours? More than 16 million people who came to the Magic Kingdom last year disagree... The thousands of guest surveyed by the WDC about attractions such as Stitch's Great Escape, Pooh's Playful Spot, and even Mickey's Philharmagic (which you previously stated was a sub-par attraction), and their positive responses disagree with you. Walt Disney World has never been affected by YOUR opinion, and, god-willing, it never will be. The one thing I care about is making sure that WDW will be there for me to take my children to, so i can ride on some Disney rides with my kids. But in order for that to happen, some business decisions have to be made. Someone, anyone with the power to do so, has to be the one to tell the wannabe Walt's known as Imagineering that they can't spend money willy-nilly in order to see a pet project through. Without that person, there can be no more creativity.
Lasseter will not, and cannot be allowed to run rampant putting all the blue-sky projects that come across his desk into production, anybody with any business sense would know that. Changes within a year? Its good to know that you have some lofty dreams, but budgets have been assigned. Stockholders, such as me and apparently you (it is so easy to misrepresent yourself over the internet, and I have serious doubts that you are over 16 years old, based on the caliber of your arguments, grammer, and writing ability) own stock in the company because they believe that stock will pay off in greater dividends. Not so they can entertain the ignorant/insane notion that they helped "overthrow" a man who was A:already on his way out and B: the person who made their stock worth purchasing in the first place. Greater dividends are paid off when the company is more profitable...
WDW had one of its busiest (thus more profitable) years ever last year... That's riding the coattails of Happiest Celebration on Earth, riding high on Soarin', having guests stay at the resorts Eisner built, taking their kids on Stitch's Great Escape... The most complaints that have come across my little area of the world are that the parks are too crowded! How does that affect your stock there pal?
You have a gilded view of the past, and no one is faulting you for that... You remember the past fondly, but, as I have seen in someone's signature here on WDWMAgic, nostalgia isn't what it used to be. You don't remember WDW and DL in the late 70's/early 80's. The rough garden fencing that was used for horticulture, the milk crates they would store flowers in. Disneyland's turnstiles were an unpaved mess for nearly a decade. 20K Leagues under the Sea leaked like a sieve, and if a guest had a panic attack in the middle of the water, there was no real safe way to get them out of there... So tough, sit out the rest of the attraction. One good wind gust would stop the Skyway for emergency purposes, and you can find pictures all over of times when huge ladders, sometimes even firetrucks were brought on-stage in order to evacuate folks stuck high in the sky. You speak wistfully of old attractions, but why aren't you lobbying to bring back Monsanto Home of the Future? Or the U.F.O.'s? You comment about the infestation of Pixar characters, but say nothing about the Chicken of the Sea ship that cruised DL's Rivers of America.

Selective Memory... Gilded View of the Past.... none of it is real...
as I have said before, your opinions are not fact, and the more you post, the more I find out that they aren't even based in fact... There is no reality to what you believe. I truly do feel sorry for you, because you are waiting for something that will never come.

You want Walt Disney World to be perfect in your eyes, and will never be happy until it is as such; I see that Walt Disney World already is perfect, and can get truly excited about what the future has in store.

haha such a worthy adversary to argue with. I applaud you good sir.

Note Im gonna have to keep editing this message as I read your large post.

Ok first of all 100% grammer and spelling isnt necessary on the internet, especially during heated debate. Second of all I am shareholder and I will continue becoming a larger one as every paycheck I get from work I take half of it and invest it in the Disney company.

Next, WDW had one of its busiest years because of the 50th. anniversary riding on Disneylands coattails. You keep throwing statistics in my face but the fact is statistics can be twisted and turned any which way. Stich's Great Escape is a poor attraction, even for a c-ticket. Its not even an opinion. Hell im sure even Bob Iger will tell you its bad! Just like Journey into your imagination was bad..so bad in fact that Eisner had to even admit it by pumping more money into the attraction and try to salvage it.

Eisner was a bad guy wether you like it or not. The fact that he is long gone and Roy Disney and Steve Jobs are still associated with Disney and that the stock has responded favorably should tell you that majority of the people in this world will agree with me. After Frank Wells (who was President and COO of the company, not CFO like you said in a previous argument)died he became Mr. Wallstreet trying to satisfy investors by cutting costs and milking properties but failed misreably. It is not my opinion that Eisner was terrible..go read any business article, watch the news, go outside! Everyone has been critizing Eisner for his poor leadership and his horrible micromanaging. But of course Wall Street Journal, CNN, and half the world is wrong saying Eisner was a terrible CEO because Enderikari and a couple of goofs say otherwise. :rolleyes:

imagineer boy

Last I looked, SGE had twice the complaints and negative reviews that AE ever had. I also read somewhere that the attendance is no where near as good as AEs was.

Just wanted to point that out...

CaliSurfer182

Ghostbuster626 said:
Eisner was a bad guy wether you like it or not.........After Frank Wells (who was President and COO of the company, not CFO like you said in a previous argument)died he became Mr. Wallstreet trying to satisfy investors by cutting costs and milking properties but failed misreably.

I believe you said you were a shareholder, which would make you an investor right? But you don't seem satisfied, so I am not following your post.

Legacy

Then why don't you read before you post?

Attachments

• GBEdit1.jpg
    GBEdit1.jpg
    163.8 KB · Views: 42

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom