What old rumored projects do you want to see John Lasseter reevaluate?

Legacy

wannab@dis said:
LOL

Exactly, because he's another teenager who has problems forming his own opinions also. He's been spoonfed by other misinformed people.

In fact, ghostbuster, maybe you should get to know imagineer boy. I'm sure the two of you could try to bring back the troops. :rolleyes:
:lol:

You're a jerk, Todd.

Funny as hell and right as rain...

But still a jerk.

:animwink:

(How come you don't hang in the PML anymore?)

wannab@dis

Legacy said:

You're a jerk, Todd.

Funny as hell and right as rain...

But still a jerk.

:animwink:

(How come you don't hang in the PML anymore?)
:D

Haven't had enough time to read the regular boards and keep up in the PML. I'm in there some, but been really busy lately. :wave:

Ghostbuster626

Original Poster
CaliSurfer182 said:
Except when a "normal" business-person (or the general public for that matter) judges somebody's performance they gauge the whole history of that performance. Not just the last little bit or even the last quarter of it. Try reviewing Mr. Eisner's whole perfomance instead of your recent dislikes.
I mean he was the CEO of TWDC for over 20 years.....if your earlier post was true then that equals your whole life. What accomplishments can you share from your professional life to rival that?

As they say in the Business world "Your only as good as your last quarter" and you keep saying he was with the company for 20 years as if thats supposed to be a good thing?? If anything thats a bad thing because you sit in the same seat too long you become complacent and stop reaching for the stars which is exactly what happened to Eisner. Look, the bottom line is he failed to make a deal with pixar, his purchase of Fox Family was a poor decision, Animation declined under his leadership, Imagineering declined under his leadership, he continued building theme parks and attractions on the cheap (as a side note did you know Disneyland has not recieved a major attraction in over 11 years?), he blocked Micheal Ovitz from bringing new creative talent to the company, and as a result of all of this he failed as a CEO. But again the business world, Roy Disney, Steve Jobs, Micheal Ovitz, and disney fans everywhere are all wrong and your right that Eisner was such a good guy.

CaliSurfer182

Ghostbuster626 said:
As they say in the Business world "Your only as good as your last quarter" and you keep saying he was with the company for 20 years as if thats supposed to be a good thing?? If anything thats a bad thing because you sit in the same seat too long you become complacent and stop reaching for the stars which is exactly what happened to Eisner. Look, the bottom line is he failed to make a deal with pixar, his purchase of Fox Family was a poor decision, Animation declined under his leadership, Imagineering declined under his leadership, he continued building theme parks and attractions on the cheap (as a side note did you know Disneyland has not recieved a major attraction in over 11 years?), he blocked Micheal Ovitz from bringing new creative talent to the company, and as a result of all of this he failed as a CEO. But again the business world, Roy Disney, Steve Jobs, Micheal Ovitz, and disney fans everywhere are all wrong and your right that Eisner was such a good guy.

I think you need to check into your facts a little bit more. As usual your ideas and thoughts (that I believe you amassed from others...which is to say they are not yours.....ala Good Will Hunting) aren't very well prepared. Opinion as every one has been telling you does not equal fact. My opinions on Mr. Eisner as a person have nothing to do with my opinions of his history with TWDC. So please don't put words in my mouth that I never said.

imagineer boy

wannab@dis said:
LOL

Exactly, because he's another teenager who has problems forming his own opinions also. He's been spoonfed by other misinformed people.

In fact, ghostbuster, maybe you should get to know imagineer boy. I'm sure the two of you could try to bring back the troops. :rolleyes:

Welcome to my ignore list. I've had enough of you and your snide, smart a$$ comments.

Connor002

Legacy said:
Actually... Eisner will be remembered as the one who created the Disney Decade.

Exactly. Although it's almost impossible to forget the mess in recent years, many of us will still remember the Disney decade as his great accomplishment.

Connor002

Ghostbuster626 said:
Imagineering declined under his leadership

Imagineering has problems that go deeper than what can be blamed on Eisner...

Ghostbuster626 said:
(as a side note did you know Disneyland has not recieved a major attraction in over 11 years?)

Does it need it? Does it have the space? Do you understand that Eisner didn't just sit at his desk and veto every improvement possible for his own enjoyment?

Ghostbuster626

Original Poster
Connor002 said:
Actually I asked for "Which ones," with "ones" being a plural noun.

That quote from me that your refering to was adressed to enderikairi not you. If you can't follow whats going on you shouldnt jump into the conversation its very rude.

Connor002

Ghostbuster626 said:
That quote from me that your refering to was adressed to enderikairi not you.

Actually, in post number 110 you clearly quote myself, not enderikairi.

Ghostbuster626 said:
If you can't follow whats going on you shouldnt jump into the conversation its very rude.

No, what's rude is reprimanding someone when in fact you none to talk.
Not to mention the fact that I have been following this thread.

wannab@dis

imagineer boy said:
Welcome to my ignore list. I've had enough of you and your snide, smart a$$ comments.

That's not the worst thing that has happened. :rolleyes:

Maybe some of the kids should really stop and look at things. It's time that you grow up and figure out that you don't have a clue about the real world. If you want to discuss things, that's fine, but when you start making ridiculous claims or goofed up and non-factual statements, then you'll be called on it.

wannab@dis

Connor002 said:

Does it need it? Does it have the space? Do you understand that Eisner didn't just sit at his desk and veto every improvement possible for his own enjoyment?
Good post! :wave:

Ghostbuster626

Original Poster
Connor002 said:

well in a way. Did you read that article about how insane a micro-manager he is? He wanted to be there when they picked what color the curtains would be in the disneyland hotel during a renovation and he continually went to Disney animation and would tell the animators to keep changing Chicken little from girl to boy to girl to boy over and over again depending on his whim.

wannab@dis

Ghostbuster626 said:
well in a way. Did you read that article about how insane a micro-manager he is? He wanted to be there when they picked what color the curtains would be in the disneyland hotel during a renovation and he continually went to Disney animation and would tell the animators to keep changing Chicken little from girl to boy to girl to boy over and over again depending on his whim.
Every person in a management position will have problems. Eisner did have an issue with micro-management and it's been noted many times. But, that style brought good and bad. There's many times that it's been notied where he's made really good calls. He's made bad calls also. But at least he's making some decisions and not sitting around doing nothing. :wave:

Ghostbuster626

Original Poster
wannab@dis said:
Every person in a management position will have problems. Eisner did have an issue with micro-management and it's been noted many times. But, that style brought good and bad. There's many times that it's been notied where he's made really good calls. He's made bad calls also. But at least he's making some decisions and not sitting around doing nothing. :wave:

And as long as hes not making decisions for Disney anymore thats A-ok. :xmas:

wannab@dis

Ghostbuster626 said:
And as long as hes not making decisions for Disney anymore thats A-ok. :xmas:
See... that post just proves my point... You have absolutely no clue of the facts, but you'll make those type of statements.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom