What old rumored projects do you want to see John Lasseter reevaluate?

Sledge

Account Suspended
cherrynegra said:
Scroll half way down the page in the first link and you'll see a description for a reimagineered version of Tomorrowland. If you do a search on Google, you'll also find other sites that discuss this.:wave:

http://www.jimhillmedia.com/mb/articles/showarticle.php?ID=403

http://www.jimhillmedia.com/article.php?id=419
Wow. That sounds cool at first but when you think about it it would be pretty stupid and take away from the feel of the park. Not a fan of this one.

jrriddle

Sledge said:
Wow. That sounds cool at first but when you think about it it would be pretty stupid and take away from the feel of the park. Not a fan of this one.

Me neither, always seemed like a second rate Discoveryland (Although Dicoveryland is even a second rate Discoveryland now).
Sci Fi City was a cool Tomorrowland makeover.

Ghostbuster626

Original Poster
Sledge said:

Uh you do know the Tommorowland in Florida is based off the 2055 concept right? The only difference is TL 2055 was based on science fiction from the 1980s (Star Wars, Aliens, Blade Runner, Dune, etc.) where as the "future that never was" Tommorowland in florida is based on 1950s era sci-fi (Metropolis, Buck Rogers, Flash Gordon, etc.).

Sledge

Account Suspended
Ghostbuster626 said:
Uh you do know the Tommorowland in Florida is based off the 2055 concept right? The only difference is TL 2055 was based on science fiction from the 1980s (Star Wars, Aliens, Blade Runner, Dune, etc.) where as the "future that never was" Tommorowland in florida is based on 1950s era sci-fi (Metropolis, Buck Rogers, Flash Gordon, etc.).
Did you not read what Jim Hill posted? It talked about aliens roaming around Disneyland since it was the Happiest Place on Earth. I know what TL is based off of and it certainly isn't even close to what Jim Hill talks about.

Lee

Adventurer
Ghostbuster626 said:
Uh you do know the Tommorowland in Florida is based off the 2055 concept right?

Ummm....no, it's not. Two entirely different concepts. New Tomorrowland in MK just WISHES it was TL2055.:rolleyes:

Legacy

wannab@dis said:
sweet! :lol:
THIS is what I want to see when I walk into the Magic Kingdom!

Attachments

• The New Disney!.jpg
    The New Disney!.jpg
    288.2 KB · Views: 115

Rosso11

disneyphilip said:
Build the Roger Rabbit and Muppet attractions that were proposed for the Disney-MGM Studios in the late 80s/early 90s!

I really wish both of these would have been built. I hope we can finally get some new Roger Rabbit material out there now since Eisner is gone. MGM is the perfect fit for him and it amazes me how under utilized he is there even in the early days of the park. I just hope Iger and Spielberg can get along.

MartyMouse

Rosso11 said:
I really wish both of these would have been built. I hope we can finally get some new Roger Rabbit material out there now since Eisner is gone. MGM is the perfect fit for him and it amazes me how under utilized he is there even in the early days of the park. I just hope Iger and Spielberg can get along.

Roger Rabbit's time has come and gone. Eisner and Jim Henson had some great idea's for the future of the Muppets (shame on you Brian Henson, shame), I think that the Muppets need to get going again before it's too late.

Ghostbuster626

Original Poster
Lee said:
Ummm....no, it's not. Two entirely different concepts. New Tomorrowland in MK just WISHES it was TL2055.:rolleyes:

yea thats what I meant. They both stem from the idea of "Future how it was percieved in XYZ time period".

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Blue Sky?

The original 2 floor Imagination ride. Since TWDC seem intent on letting the Imageworks rot they may as well do something with the space.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom