What move by disney is irredeemable or will be irredeemable if it ever happens?

eliza61nyc

So many people enjoy the planning aspect, though. It extends the trip well before the actual date and builds up excitement for families. Pretty genius strategy by Disney.

And, the beautiful thing is, we can still take impromptu trips and enjoy ourselves without the planning before.

You should see the gals at my job, full on "spreadsheet" diva's. Seriously I doubt if Patton did as much planning for the D-day invasion that these ladies do.

It's interesting though to me so many people stress over the planning. once I get my fp's that's pretty much it. now I don't really have any "must" do restaurants and I've gone many times without ADR's and had great meals. In fact I find that some of my best meals have come from simply calling Disney dining and seeing what's available the day of. some how the myth developed that if you don't make adr's 120 days in advance you're left eating quick service. absolutely false.

DisneyDoctor

You should see the gals at my job, full on "spreadsheet" diva's. Seriously I doubt if Patton did as much planning for the D-day invasion that these ladies do.

It's interesting though to me so many people stress over the planning. once I get my fp's that's pretty much it. now I don't really have any "must" do restaurants and I've gone many times without ADR's and had great meals. In fact I find that some of my best meals have come from simply calling Disney dining and seeing what's available the day of. some how the myth developed that if you don't make adr's 120 days in advance you're left eating quick service. absolutely false.
I found some of favorite restaurants on property last trip by not having ADRs and checking the app for open reservations. It was wonderful. Even got lunch at BOG and dinner at Boathouse.

I don't think having to plan far out in advance is as bad as people make it out to be. In fact, it gets me pumped for the trip.

crxbrett

So many people enjoy the planning aspect, though. It extends the trip well before the actual date and builds up excitement for families. Pretty genius strategy by Disney.

And, the beautiful thing is, we can still take impromptu trips and enjoy ourselves without the planning before.

I'm one of those people. I actually do miss the old days where you did not have to plan anything - when there were no Fast Passes, when you could call a restaurant the day before and still make a reservation or even just being able to walk up and get a table. BUT- I love planning, too! So I actually love making all my plans in Google doc spreadsheets with all my reservations, FP+s, daily park plans, how many times I'm planning on riding each attraction, booking FP+s 60 days out, trying to secure all my reservations at the 180-day window and using sites that allow you to write up daily plans.

I'll be the first one to admit, I am a bit nuts.

draybook

Having to pay to park at the resort. Oops, I'm a bit late on this. In all fairness, it won't stop us from coming to WDW but it will stop us from staying on-site for the foreseeable future. Actually, it was the insane cost of having a room big enough for our family that did that, the extra cost of storing our car in the lot for half the day that sealed the deal. Really, pricing IS what will eventually push us out, I'm sure.

DisneyDoctor

I'm one of those people. I actually do miss the old days where you did not have to plan anything - when there were no Fast Passes, when you could call a restaurant the day before and still make a reservation or even just being able to walk up and get a table. BUT- I love planning, too! So I actually love making all my plans in Google doc spreadsheets with all my reservations, FP+s, daily park plans, how many times I'm planning on riding each attraction, booking FP+s 60 days out, trying to secure all my reservations at the 180-day window and using sites that allow you to write up daily plans.

I'll be the first one to admit, I am a bit nuts.
I’m right there with you!

Admittedly I’ve planned trips I had no intention of booking for fun..

NickWilde

- Removing classics, especially anything Walt himself had a part in.

- Charging fees to stay on-property

- Reverting back to the ticket book style of things (pay per ride)

- Closing up Aloha Isle or taking Dole whips off the menu

- Charging for character meets, like someone before me said

- Charging to visit individual resorts

- Any fees that will retract from the general experience

- Unrelated IPs in AK (I don’t hate Pandora, and I think something like Zootopia could work if it’s done right, but something like Frozen in AK? Heck no)

Last edited:

BlakeW39

- Removing classics, especially anything Walt himself had a part in.

- Charging fees to stay on-property

- Reverting back to the ticket book style of things (pay per ride)

- Closing up Aloha Isle or taking Dole whips off the menu

- Charging for character meets, like someone before me said

- Charging to visit individual resorts

- Any fees that will retract from the general experience

- Unrelated IPs in AK (I don’t hate Pandora, and I think something like Zootopia could work if it’s done right, but something like Frozen in AK? Heck no)

Frozen would work better in DAK than Zootopia would... at least it has real and mythical animals... Zootopia has people living in an ultra urban setting. Both are horrid for the park to me, but given the choice only between the two or DAK is destroyed, then I would I would actually chose Frozen. f Zootopia went to DAK I would be so upset lol. Like I said Zootopia is the bottom of the barrel as far as DAK IPs go, I mean really a vast portion of Disney classics contain animalian characters... tjat doesn't mean we should put Splash Mountain or Pooh at DAK. I take that back, both would work better than Zootopia. Lol

NickWilde

Frozen would work better in DAK than Zootopia would... at least it has real and mythical animals... Zootopia has people living in an ultra urban setting. Both are horrid for the park to me, but given the choice only between the two or DAK is destroyed, then I would I would actually chose Frozen. f Zootopia went to DAK I would be so upset lol. Like I said Zootopia is the bottom of the barrel as far as DAK IPs go, I mean really a vast portion of Disney classics contain animalian characters... tjat doesn't mean we should put Splash Mountain or Pooh at DAK. I take that back, both would work better than Zootopia. Lol

It’s just personal preference for me. Although Zootopia focuses on anthro animals living in a modern society, it still has animals. (which is better than humans in a park dedicated to non-humans) And again, I’d say I’d be ok with it/like it if it’s done *RIGHT.* If it focuses on how a city would function with all these different species of sizes and shapes, something that was only somewhat touched upon in the film, or something else that would make it unique and interesting, that’s what I would like if it actually happens. If done wrong though, than by all means I’m not gonna like it. And this is coming from someone who is a MASSIVE fan of the movie. (as you could tell by my username and PFP)

MAGICFLOP

I already hit it. The Disney Company's decline and the Disneyification (new word) of History.. profits before all else.. they took away the perks..

I had been to WDW several hundred times bet 1977-2015, AP holder 15 yrs.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom