What move by disney is irredeemable or will be irredeemable if it ever happens?

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
You should see the gals at my job, full on "spreadsheet" diva's. Seriously I doubt if Patton Eisenhower did as much planning for the D-day invasion that these ladies do.

It's interesting though to me so many people stress over the planning. once I get my fp's that's pretty much it. now I don't really have any "must" do restaurants and I've gone many times without ADR's and had great meals. In fact I find that some of my best meals have come from simply calling Disney dining and seeing what's available the day of. some how the myth developed that if you don't make adr's 120 days in advance you're left eating quick service. absolutely false.
FTFY... ;)

CoasterSnoop

You boys in the boardroom do whatever you want and I'll criticize you for the stupid decisions.

But if you even think about replacing HM, SM, ToT, or Everest, that's a big goodbye to my money.

Not even nostalgia talking, it's been about two years since I rode those rides for the first time, save HM. They're just fantastic centerpiece rides. Without them, their respective parks would lose their identities as well as a lot of their appeal for me.

Magenta Panther

The near-demise of Florida's Tower of Terror nearly did it for me. To gut a ride that accomplished in order to insert one of Iger's acquisitions into it, i.e. idiot Marvel, made me want to puke. After seeing a video of the loud, garish incomprehensible monstrosity that replaced DCA's Tower, I stand by my feelings of revulsion. I don't want to give my money to a company that would make a decision like that. It helped me decide to choose Universal over WDW for my next Florida vacation. Yes, it still rankles. If something like that ever does come to pass, it'll be game over. If I feel I need a Disney park fix, I'll visit Disneyland or I'll save my dimes to visit Tokyo's park, because its management seems to understand and appreciate Disney more than those folks running the stateside Parks. Especially since the Yeti remains broken while that fathead Iger spends billions to buy up yet another company Disney doesn't need...

BlakeW39

It’s just personal preference for me. Although Zootopia focuses on anthro animals living in a modern society, it still has animals. (which is better than humans in a park dedicated to non-humans) And again, I’d say I’d be ok with it/like it if it’s done *RIGHT.* If it focuses on how a city would function with all these different species of sizes and shapes, something that was only somewhat touched upon in the film, or something else that would make it unique and interesting, that’s what I would like if it actually happens. If done wrong though, than by all means I’m not gonna like it. And this is coming from someone who is a MASSIVE fan of the movie. (as you could tell by my username and PFP)

Oh yeah I mean I respect your opinion of course, I just disagree. Zootopia has the most human animals of any franchise - they are plagued with actual human societal problems. The food web is actually made a bad thing - and predators' agression seen as uselessly violent murder. Zootopia doesn't have an animal in it really. So with that said, I think Zootopia would be one of the few franchises which I don't even think could fit im Magic Kingdom (though it'd fit there better than in DAK). I think that the best place for it would be Epcot lol. Hear me out.

Zootopia focuses on society and progressivism, it highlights racism, sexism, and all sorts of issues that plague our communities. I could certainly see that, with its very futuristic urban setting, in Future World. I may be in the minority on this, since they still look like animals, but I think so.

Anyways, you could always put it in DHS as a land since that park is clearly going in the Islands of Adventure direction.

JustAFan

The near-demise of Florida's Tower of Terror nearly did it for me. To gut a ride that accomplished in order to insert one of Iger's acquisitions into it, i.e. idiot Marvel, made me want to puke. After seeing a video of the loud, garish incomprehensible monstrosity that replaced DCA's Tower, I stand by my feelings of revulsion. I don't want to give my money to a company that would make a decision like that. It helped me decide to choose Universal over WDW for my next Florida vacation. Yes, it still rankles. If something like that ever does come to pass, it'll be game over. If I feel I need a Disney park fix, I'll visit Disneyland...

Well it was actually Disneyland that changed their ToT to the guardians of the galaxy, not world. When I first heard the news, I also thought it was stupid. I've ridden ToT at world and land. And I've gotta say the makeover is better.

King Capybara 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
The near-demise of Florida's Tower of Terror nearly did it for me. To gut a ride that accomplished in order to insert one of Iger's acquisitions into it, i.e. idiot Marvel, made me want to puke. After seeing a video of the loud, garish incomprehensible monstrosity that replaced DCA's Tower, I stand by my feelings of revulsion. I don't want to give my money to a company that would make a decision like that. It helped me decide to choose Universal over WDW for my next Florida vacation. Yes, it still rankles. If something like that ever does come to pass, it'll be game over. If I feel I need a Disney park fix, I'll visit Disneyland or I'll save my dimes to visit Tokyo's park, because its management seems to understand and appreciate Disney more than those folks running the stateside Parks. Especially since the Yeti remains broken while that fathead Iger spends billions to buy up yet another company Disney doesn't need...
Have you ridden Dl's Mission Breakout ?

JustInTime

Why would you choose DL if getting rid of WDW’s TOT would have caused you not to return to WDW? They are the ones who actually followed through with that terrible mistake.

I still can’t believe that was even an option. I agree with you. I almost hit my limit.

Last edited:

memethyst

tron ruining the retro futuristic theme of tomorrowland and guardians of the galaxy ruining future world even more than it already has been ruined.

TwilightZone

Original Poster
tron ruining the retro futuristic theme of tomorrowland
You do realize the new tron ride is actually closer to the retro future look right?
Here's what tomorrowland used to look like, and what it is supposedly going to go back to

WDW-Water-028a.jpg

tomoro194.jpg

4562298-9096381-thumbnail.jpg

And here's the tron ride
TRON_Lightcycle_Power_Run%2C_attraction_exterior.jpg

memethyst

You do realize the new tron ride is actually closer to the retro future look right?
Here's what tomorrowland used to look like, and what it is supposedly going to go back to

WDW-Water-028a.jpg

tomoro194.jpg

4562298-9096381-thumbnail.jpg

And here's the tron ride
TRON_Lightcycle_Power_Run%2C_attraction_exterior.jpg

right now tomorrowland is supposed to represent "the future that never was" and to me it feels more like a 50s idea of the future than an 80s one. i don't think i have even seen tron ever but the building itself looks a little too... modern. ok i'll just say it... it looks like a giant silver bra.
i feel like i'm one of the very few people who loves the aesthetic of the 1994 tomorrowland remodel.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom