What move by disney is irredeemable or will be irredeemable if it ever happens?

christine7257

Am keeping an open mind, but very worried about the Illuminations replacement. And still kinda mad they got rid of the Lights of Winter in Epcot b/c there was just no good reason. But I'm not sure what I would find truly irredeemable and would stop me from future visits ... which I suppose is part of the problem. :rolleyes:

winstongator

Was thinking about this in another thread. MLB lost a half season + post-season in 94. It bounced back. NFL lost games in 87 to a strike. Things bounce back.

graphite1326

Closing: Alien Encounter, TGMR, Ellen's Energy, Maelstrom (or replacing it with another Disney movie themed ride of which I have never seen. I thought EPCOT was more for the adults?)

TGMR more than any of the others.

danyoung56

it looks like it in the concept art but i'm really not a fan of that roof because from certain angles it looks like a giant bra.

You know, of course, that for years the theater in the back of Disneyland's Fantasyland was unofficially known as the Wonderbra Theater.

Walt Disney1955

Normally they do things that can irk you but there is a lot there to like. I dislike the idea of Tower of Terror closing at Disneyland for Guardians of the Galaxy but does it mean I refuse to return? No. Closing Pirates, Haunted Mansion or Small World would bother me a lot because they are all Walt's late additions before he died (correct me if I am wrong but he at least had a rough draft of Haunted Mansion before he died).

Or Carousel of Progress, or Tiki Birds. Stuff like that is important to keep because Walt Disney himself created this. Country Bear Jamboree was a pretty rough draft at the time of his death but that show is dripping with Disney charm. A cast member who was introducing the Carousel of Progress brought a very good point up. She said it is the only ride in WDW that Walt Disney rode. True, I guess when you think of it, it's the same stage. So this stuff is important to me.

For me certain things like selling the name. If the company was sold and it became Pepsi World or something it would lose its charm forever. It is the old-school Disney charm that makes the park what it is, and a new company is going to break away from that. So, I guess that would be it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom