What move by disney is irredeemable or will be irredeemable if it ever happens?

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
My tipping point would be when any park reached the point where it was like Fun Spot or Islands of Adventure. Random attractions, random "Wft is that character doing here", and lots more concrete.

THEMEPARKPIONEER

Future World, no light parade, price hikes and downsizing in many ways. It's ok, between the price hikes and only going to Disney to reflect on nalstalgia there's nothing there for me any more.

mf1972

having to pay a fee for extra fast passes once your 3 FP’s have been used. also having to pay an upfront fee upon check in for disney transportation

Chef Mickey

For me, it is the current state of the parks combined with the current pricing structure. I haven’t stepped foot in a WDW park since May 2016 after 19 years of regular visits. Fastpass+ was the catalyst for me. I refuse to preplan my days months in advance and wander around parks with insane wait times for tired, outdated attractions that aren’t being maintained as well as they once were.
With all due respect, this is a really silly “catalyst” for discontinuing your trips.

You’re totally overstating the effort required and planning needed. I routinely go with 2 weeks notice and easily get my Fastpass reservations for almost every ride, including FOP.

You’re also completely disregarding its benefits which are real.

If you stop going because you’re fed up with the attractions and maintenance, I would disagree, but it would be much more reasonable.

Lets Respect

If MK changes too much. I don’t want to say any one ride would be my last straw, but if enough of the classics are closed or changed to where the nature of the park changes. I’m not interested in screen-based rides or superheroes

TwilightZone

Original Poster
Nowadays we just call that Epcot.
Well there's always the epcot revival, that will have lots of trees
epcot-future-world-concept-art-d23-expo-230.jpg

rides will probably still be random though.

Inspired Figment

If Disney ever decides to get rid of Figment and the Journey into Imagination attraction entirely. Sorry, but as much as I dislike the current attraction. I’d honestly take a mediocre Figment ride over none at all. Can say the same for if they get rid of SpaceShip Earth. That, or if Carousel of Progress, Haunted Mansion, or Splash Mountain at Magic Kingdom was taken away. That’d be the point I’d honestly stop going to the Parks altogether. Hope and pray that those things never happen.

jloucks

Allowing the park to get any more packed would be a deal breaker for me. They are about as full as I can tolerate.

Also, as other have said, making a vacation 'work' to plan isn't sitting very well either.

Combine that with crowds and you have a lovely 'work to suffer' scenario.

DisneyDoctor

Allowing the park to get any more packed would be a deal breaker for me. They are about as full as I can tolerate.

Also, as other have said, making a vacation 'work' to plan isn't sitting very well either.

Combine that with crowds and you have a lovely 'work to suffer' scenario.
So many people enjoy the planning aspect, though. It extends the trip well before the actual date and builds up excitement for families. Pretty genius strategy by Disney.

And, the beautiful thing is, we can still take impromptu trips and enjoy ourselves without the planning before.

jloucks

So many people enjoy the planning aspect, though. It extends the trip well before the actual date and builds up excitement for families. Pretty genius strategy by Disney.

And, the beautiful thing is, we can still take impromptu trips and enjoy ourselves without the planning before.

This is true. At least, for my wife. She does seem to enjoy it.

That being said, if it were not for her, I would NOT enjoy doing it. ...maybe picking the resort. Yea, I would do that. :p

DisneyDoctor

This is true. At least, for my wife. She does seem to enjoy it.

That being said, if it were not for her, I would NOT enjoy doing it. ...maybe picking the resort. Yea, I would do that. :p
It’s such a polarizing topic. I’m not even sure where I stand on it.

People go nuts for it, though, on some the Facebook groups I’m a member of.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom