What is your favorite shoe scene in Pirates of the Caribbean?

Grumpy Old Fool

My favorite scene always was the guy with his foot dangling over the bridge, but I also really like the waterfall with Davy Jones projected on it.

glee

I usually catch the gist of the typos in the topics list, but I must admit this one had me flummoxed. Before I started reading, I really thought the question was going to be about shoes! It's too early in the morning, I think....

My favorite scene is the battle between the two ships, when you float between them. I love the perspective and the massive scale.

It did me at first. I was about to ask what a Shoe scene was :)

MarkTwain

I've got three:

The caverns with "Deeeaaaad meeeennnnn tellllllllllllll noooooooo taaaaaaales!" It's so mysterious and atmospheric. :D The gentle "Yo ho" instrumental music in the background is also a nice touch.

Another, the battle scene between the Wicked Wench and the fortress. Such an epic scene, with action on both sides and so many special effects. This scene is iconic of the kind of scale Disney can get in their dark rides.

Finally, the auction scene. I love how the pirates shout "We wants the redhead!", and the line "Turn around deary, and show'em your larboard side!" is Disney at its raunchiest. :animwink:

LoriMistress

Shoe scene? There are a few of my favorites:

1. Dead Man Tell No Tales (drops @ DLR)
2. The drunk guy with his leg hanging from the bridge (when he would spill water on you).
3. Viewing the night sky and the clouds above when the pirates start shooting cannons at each other.

dweezil78

My favorite scenes are the beginning in the bayou and the end where pirates are shooting at each other and a barrel is about to fall right on your head. Also love the long sequence early on through the caves with all the incredible treasure rooms!

Oh wait... this is probably for WDW, isn't it???

Sorry, couldn't resist!!! :ROFLOL:

Walt Disney1955

"Take a Wench for a Bride"

Honestly, this is the best ride at WDW in my honest opinion. There is never ever going to be a ride quite like Pirates anywhere else.

musketeer

OOOOHHHHH...it's supposed to be SHOW scene. I read the whole think trying to figure out what in the world this is supposed to be about. I thought maybe the original poster had some sort of a shoe fetish or something.

I get it.

So, I guess I might as well answer. For me, it's the Davy Jones on the waterfall that is the best for me.

Thrill Seeker

"We wants the red head!"

Pirates_-_we_wants_the_red_head-590.jpg
She's wearing some really nice shoes...

LucyintheSky

I think my favorite part is the beginning, the skeleton scene and the drop, and Barbossa on the ship. I also love Jack Sparrow at the end.

On my first trip to WDW when I was 7, we got stuck right next to the "here kitty kitty" pirate for quite awhile. My aunt insisted on imitating him, over and over, and it really annoyed the rest of us. To this day (it happened when my parents and I were in the MK last week) we STILL laugh when we pass that scene. :D

ShookieJones

We need time for things to happen.
Has to be the Pirate sitting on the bridge...

Because it's one of my earliest WDW memories.
My dad pointing out the amazing detail of the hair on the pirates leg everytime we rode it...

Yeah I absolutely do the same thing EVERY single time I go through with my kids now...heheheh

LucyintheSky

Because it's one of my earliest WDW memories.
My dad pointing out the amazing detail of the hair on the pirates leg everytime we rode it...

Yeah I absolutely do the same thing EVERY single time I go through with my kids now...heheheh

My mom just pointed that out to my son on our last trip. I wonder if he'll someday be showing his kids. He WAS fascinated by it! He thought it was a real pirate!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom