What is your favorite shoe scene in Pirates of the Caribbean?

hazelrah

Even though the whole ride is amazing, my favorite show scene has to be right after you leave the station. There's a brilliant little scene on the right, a pirate ship anchored at night out on the bay, framed by a stone arch. The ship is far off (through forced perspective). The only light comes from tiny lanterns on the bow. You're in the middle of the action for the whole ride, but I always wonder what is happening out there in the dark?

heartodisney

Because it's one of my earliest WDW memories.
My dad pointing out the amazing detail of the hair on the pirates leg everytime we rode it...

Yeah I absolutely do the same thing EVERY single time I go through with my kids now...heheheh

I found some info about this character, but cannot find it all...but from the book "The Hidden Magic of Walt Disney World" it explains "Before you entered the attraction prior to the 2006 update, which added Captain Jack Sparrow, you were greeted by iconic parrot Pegleg Pete perched above the doorway. Sadly, after the refurbishment, Pete was removed from the front entry and now sits next to the pirate whose leg hangs over the bridge near the end of the ride. His humorous greetings are silenced, but give him a nod and a wink when you see him anyway."

_Scar

Opening battle scene with the cannons. I remember riding this as a child and thought they were real people.

I miss being a child who didn't know any better. Disney's illusions worked better. ;D

Edit- That's my favorite scene in PotC ride... I didn't get the shoe part lol

diddy_mouse

I love hearing "I'm not spungin' for rum! It be gold I'm after!" in the Auction scene.

But my favorite scene has to be the Wicked Wench battle and rounding the first bend to see the town. This scene alone seals the "I'm at WDW" deal for me. Also Pirates holds a special place in my heart because it's the first ride I rode after getting engaged. DH and I must ride this first thing on every trip.

protiius

The hairy dangling leg on the bridge.

3914737904_65a796a956.jpg

ShookieJones

We need time for things to happen.
Even though the whole ride is amazing, my favorite show scene has to be right after you leave the station. There's a brilliant little scene on the right, a pirate ship anchored at night out on the bay, framed by a stone arch. The ship is far off (through forced perspective). The only light comes from tiny lanterns on the bow. You're in the middle of the action for the whole ride, but I always wonder what is happening out there in the dark?

Yes! hahaha...love that little scene.

I've often wondered what's going on "way OUT THERE in the dark" good stuff.

A classic example of Disney doing the "little things".

harveyt0206

Another vote for the "dead men tell no tales" skeleton at the helm of the pirate ship just before the drop.

I also like the pirate loll'ing about with the pigs. Cracks me up.

wvdisneyfamily

The quiet scene right before the drop. I like the peace, cool, and mist. :)

***Pray for the 4 missing miners and the families of the 25 who have passed on.***

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom