What is 'Say Goodbye Ellen'?

EPCOT Explorer

I didn't realize this was a thread bump until re-reading my own post from 2005 back on page 3.

If I'm not mistaken the rumor at the time was that Universe of Energy and Wonders of Life would be replaced by one massive attraction sponsored by Dupont. I believe Screamscape was the lone source keeping that rumor alive.

I think right now Monster's Inc has little to know chance as a tie in for Universe of Energy considering it already exists in Tomorrowland as the Monster's Inc Laugh Floor, and is rumored to be coming to Pixar Place in the form of an inverted coaster. However, for the sake of argument, if this rumor did have a shed of truth to it, I'm guessing the tie in would be as such. The Monster's Inc characters would be introduced by saying that they were able to solve the energy problems in their world, and now they're looking to help solve the energy problems in the human world. Rather than looking at Laughs or Screams they'll discuss what Ellen and Bill Nye discussed in terms of different energy sources. It could easily work, and given our current energy crisis, could be a very relevant and almost necessary update.

With all this said, I enjoy the current incarnation of Ellen's Energy Adventure, but if the goal is to educate the next generation on the future of energy, I'm guessing a lot of that is going over there head.

Lastly, I fully support the idea of changing Future World to Discovery World or Discoveryland.

1st off...I reallly don't see how MINC fits the theme of our current and future Energy Probs.

2nd...Disney has never done the Characters/Inform idea successfully. Just look a TLS. I really don't think it would work here.:(

But this is from 2005 so who cares?:ROFLOL:

JWG

This simply confirms that Screamscape is about as reliable as Jim Hill and our good friend Kevin Yee.

ChrisFL

Premium Member
This simply confirms that Screamscape is about as reliable as Jim Hill and our good friend Kevin Yee.

But rumors ARE unreliable in general. Even after projects get announced, they get changed and modified, sometimes massively before they are officially open.

Susan Savia

Monsters Inc has no place in Epcot...period. We don't need Energy ruined the way Spaceship Earth was... Eventually there will be nothing left in Epcot, except coasters and thrill rides. The Future World concept seems a thing of the past, already. Sometimes its best to just leave things be...

DMC-12

It's HarmonioUS, NOT HarmoniYOU.

LOL took the words right out of my mouth. :lol: However... I like Kevin, more than the others you mention. Kevin had the cojones to come here and stick up for himself... when he was being flammed here not too long ago.

Whoa, a 7yo thread bump, and then a Thrawn post?

I like the old rumors coming back saying "Phew, glad that never happened" or "Darn, we should've got that over this" but let's let these old threads die a peaceful death. :)

I guess that's what we get for demanding that people use Search before they post.

Buried20KLeague

Whatever happened to Thrawn? That's a name I haven't seen in a while.

He was banned... LONG ago.

A handful of others just left, if I recall... General Grizz for example. In fact come to think of it, I haven't seen Corrus around here for quite some time... :lookaroun

RealHawker

Space fits in with the future.
Innoventions fits in.
Test Track doesn't.
The Living Seas did (don't know about the new one).
Soarin, though awesome, is more present than future.
Energy right now has more to do with the past and present than the future.
SSE covers all three, though is weak on the future.

"Future World" really isn't a great name at this point. The old DiscoveryLand rumor fits more and more with each major refurb.

I agree, good post.

Would love to see more focus on the future at Epcot (tommorow is one of the letters of the acronym!)

disneymoc

Don't totally dismiss Screamscape on all rumors. He has been spot on with some items relating to other theme parks. His Disney info is a bit off at times. I agree with that.

JEANYLASER

Yeah! Me too! Epcot need to update the Universe of Energy and bring back the songs Energy makes the world go around. and The theme song Universe of Energy!

HMF

Yeah! Me too! Epcot need to update the Universe of Energy and bring back the songs Energy makes the world go around. and The theme song Universe of Energy!
In about 10-15 years assuming things go right ' You will probably hear new recordings of them.:animwink:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom