What is 'Say Goodbye Ellen'?

MickeyTigg

Original Poster
Corrus said:
It's nice of you to let us know about everything you read on SCREAMSCAPE... (I guess)

Question: Why do you post all that stuff... Please use tick box :D

Answer [ ] You let us know about all those rediculous rumors??
Answer [ ] You believe them, and pass them through
Answer [ ] You don't know, and you just want't to fill up precious Disk Space

Conclusion... IMO You visit Screamscape more often Than WDWMagic... :brick:

Well...that's a pretty arrogant and rude statement to make and I'm not going to listen to you as to what to post here or not...even if you are an Imagineer.

Actually....if you really need to know, I check Screamscape every few days for new interesting rumors.

I'm on and off WDWMAGIC most of the day...so if you really need to know, I do spend more time on WDWMAGIC than Screamscape.

I've already posted this in another thread....according to Webster's Dictionary --

rumor - a statement or report current without known authority for its truth

I find the rumors interesting to discuss as to whether we believe them or whether we'd like them to be true.

Some of us like to discuss this...after all this is a discussion board.

All Thrawn was asking you is whether you could verify the rumor or not. If you can't...we respect that.

If you don't like the threads that discuss rumors...then I suggest you don't read them.

Tim G

TiggerRPh said:
Well...that's a pretty arrogant and rude statement to make and I'm not going to listen to you as to what to post here or not...even if you are an Imagineer.

Actually....if you really need to know, I check Screamscape every few days for new interesting rumors.

I'm on and off WDWMAGIC most of the day...so if you really need to know, I do spend more time on WDWMAGIC than Screamscape.

I've already posted this in another thread....according to Webster's Dictionary --

rumor - a statement or report current without known authority for its truth

I find the rumors interesting to discuss as to whether we believe them or whether we'd like them to be true.

Some of us like to discuss this...after all this is a discussion board.

All Thrawn was asking you is whether you could verify the rumor or not. If you can't...we respect that.

If you don't like the threads that discuss rumors...then I suggest you don't read them.
Tsk, tsk... :p

Take it easy... :confused: Tell me are you 007 for Screamscape...??? :animwink:

You may do as you please... be my guest... But it sounds strange to me that you're of and on Screamthingie... and WDWMagic at the same time... Make up your mind... Forget screamscape... or are you doing the same thing on Screamscape about us... Dear Mr. Screamscape... On WDWMagic I just read... Is that a rumor... if that so, you're eating from both sides... :D

Please note that there were "SMILEYS" in that same message you so kindly responded to...

And if you call me arrogant, I don't mind, that's your prerogative...

MickeyTigg

Original Poster
Corrus said:
Tsk, tsk... :p

Take it easy... :confused: Tell me are you 007 for Screamscape...??? :animwink:

You may do as you please... be my guest... But it sounds strange to me that you're of and on Screamthingie... and WDWMagic at the same time... Make up your mind... Forget screamscape... or are you doing the same thing on Screamscape about us... Dear Mr. Screamscape... On WDWMagic I just read... Is that a rumor... if that so, you're eating from both sides... :D

Please note that there were "SMILEYS" in that same message you so kindly responded to...

And if you call me arrogant, I don't mind, that's your prerogative...

I don't even know if Screamscape has a discussion board...as far as I know people send in rumors and the guy posts them.

BTW - I never said I was on and off Screamscape...I said I check it for rumors every few day to see if there's anything interesting.

Okay...I'll take bake the arrogant part...it was still borderline rude.

FigmentJedi

SirGoofy said:
I wouldn't mind a Monsters Inc. ride...as long as the base idea of UoE is kept intact. It could be a perfect way to talk about energy, and it would keep kids much more interested. But, I don't want the ride structure to change. Take out the dino AAs if you must, but replace them with new AAs. I'm tired of rides w/o AAs. And if the dinos are taken out, put them somewhere else.
If they take out the dinosaurs, I would say put them in Magic Kingdom and create a Primeval World Diorama there...

Tim G

TiggerRPh said:
I don't even know if Screamscape has a discussion board...as far as I know people send in rumors and the guy posts them.

BTW - I never said I was on and off Screamscape...I said I check it for rumors every few day to see if there's anything interesting.

Okay...I'll take bake the arrogant part...it was still borderline rude.
Well you were right too... I was a bit over the edge... My apologies... :D

Interesting. Bill Nye just spoke at my college. They interduced him as having a 'highly successful attraction at Walt Disney World's Epcot...' He was quite a nice guy. Hope he doesn't have to leave energy.

Skippy

*gasp* Did we just have two bored members make peace instead of starting an argument? This must be a first! :p

Madison

Superstretch said:
Interesting. Bill Nye just spoke at my college. They interduced him as having a 'highly successful attraction at Walt Disney World's Epcot...' He was quite a nice guy. Hope he doesn't have to leave energy.

Off topic, I guess, but -- my experience has been that he's not really a very nice guy at all. I have worked alongside him at several functions and found that he's a touch too arrogant for my liking.

shmmrname

Remember too that Monsters, INC. focused on the relevant nature of laughter, in this particular case as a resource for energy. If you want something that can appeal to a large audience, a movie that focuses on both frightening elements to ellicit screams and humorous elements to ellicit laughter could be great.
I'm not saying where a Monsters, INC. ride should be put, I'm just saying it offers alot of dynamics w/theming and emotions that other movies do not. It blends fantasy and reality, good and bad, emotion and rationality, and yes, energy and resources.
Plus, personally I love a few classic rides, but this definitely was not one of them. Sorry to those whom don't feel the same way.

Grim Grinner

I think a lot of people are missing the whole "future" point. Future World did not show us what the future WAS going to be. It showed us what we could do if we tried. Look at the formula-

1. Show man's past, and the problems.
2. Reveal the solutions he's made.
3. Hint at problems today
4. Give us possible outcomes, however fantastic they may be.

Everything, from Land-WOM-Horizons, Spaceship Earth- all had this theme. Growing up I walked away from EPCOT Center enthusiastic about the future and wanting to contribute to mankind. I wanted to be one of those who would help shape our future because "If we can dream it, we can do it."

This tied well with the World Showcase, which showed the people of the world standing side-by-side in harmony.

EPCOT Center, outside of the city-stage would be a continual World's Fair. The older version of the park fit this ideal, and although a little off-track- still has the wonder and ambition.

I feel that those who take the "Future" part too seriously need to take a look back with new eyes. They may be surprised at what's been in front of them all along- a timeless and unique park.

Brian_B

castlecake2.0 said:
Wonders of Life and the Living seas seemed to focus on the present

Seeing as how there are not now nor have ever been (nor probably ever will be) a seabase in a coral reef with scientists and hydrolators and seacabs and commanders named "fulton", I think Living Seas was decidedly futuristic for it's time.

God forbid they should try to focus on the future ever again. That would mean they'd have to spend some MONEY again someday! The horror!

- Brian

socalkdg

It should be noted for this discussion that if an agreement is made between Pixar and Disney(w/ recent IPOD agreement this is getting closer) Monsters Inc. 2 is one of the proposed movies in the 3 or 5 movie contract. Thus the combo of a ride using the characters and a new movie coming out brings the Monsters crew front and center.

If they were to use the Monsters world to discuss how their city almost lost all of its energy, as well as the consequences of their actions, then it would make for an easy tie to the real world. A big ending showing how laughter saved their world then showing numerous types of new energy possibilities in the real world would make for a great ending.

PlaneJane

In the Parks
No
You should all bow down to Corrus for he is almighty and is never wrong. All hail the Corrus. Dare I say... magical Corrus??

"Everyone loves magical Corrus, because the tricks that he does are ever so clever"
:D

bgraham34

I like the Dinosaurs but it is definately an old attraction. I like the premise of the whole thing but it needs a bit more action.

MickeyTigg

Original Poster
I laugh every time with Ellen and her phone....that thing is huge.

The ride needs serious updating...with or without Ellen.

As for Bill...I got the same impression that he was arrogant. Really...the guy had a mildly successful TV show and then sues Disney for using his likeness without his permission...nice Bill, real nice.

PlaneJane

In the Parks
No
bgraham34 said:
I like the Dinosaurs but it is definately an old attraction. I like the premise of the whole thing but it needs a bit more action.

I swear everyone has ADD now. Leave Bill Nye alone.

P.S. He is in two attractions at WDW, Dinosaur (He does the voiceover in the queue) and UOE. ;) :D

marchofthecards

KumbaRider said:
Regardless of the fact that Future World no longer truly personifies the "future", I do NOT agree that a Monsters Inc. tie-in would be appropriate. Yes, this may sound hypocritical, but I can see how Nemo can re-energize TLS. Monsters Inc. has very little "future" or "energy" tie-in, whatever others may argure. The fantasy style of the film seems inappropriate for Epcot.

Of course Energy fits in with Monsters Inc! Show some integrity to the story. That's what Monsters Inc. is all about.... they generate energy, and while a little girl, aptly named Boo, comes in, they soon find that a better, cleaner energy is available to them (namely laughter). How can anyone not see the potential for a great educational tool for the younger (and older) audience.

While I don't necessarily agree that new modern, more popular characters are always the answer to turn around an ailing attraction, this would be perfect! The characters are so popular, UoE could be facaded by the Monsters Inc HQ, it would have a great Meet & Greet area, and the characters would take you on a tour of how we can improve and save energy in our lives today and going forward. How vibrant and amazing this has the potential of becoming.

Rosso11

marchofthecards said:
Of course Energy fits in with Monsters Inc! Show some integrity to the story. That's what Monsters Inc. is all about.... they generate energy, and while a little girl, aptly named Boo, comes in, they soon find that a better, cleaner energy is available to them (namely laughter). How can anyone not see the potential for a great educational tool for the younger (and older) audience.

While I don't necessarily agree that new modern, more popular characters are always the answer to turn around an ailing attraction, this would be perfect! The characters are so popular, UoE could be facaded by the Monsters Inc HQ, it would have a great Meet & Greet area, and the characters would take you on a tour of how we can improve and save energy in our lives today and going forward. How vibrant and amazing this has the potential of becoming.

Exactly! If anybody doesn't see the connection between energy and Monsters Inc they obviously have not seen the movie. The two make a perfect fit. This might actually make this extremely long and boring ride fun again. I honestly believe this is the most boring ride in all of DW.

Dr.Seeker

I like the idea, but I'm not sure about changing the Universe of Energy into a huge, whopping Monsters' Inc. Factory-it would stand out like a sore thumb. If it were to be handled like Living seas, with subtle changes. e.g. Mike and Sulley could be guest speakers who guide people through energy related topics. Or they are being educated themselves on how power is generated in the human world, and we're tagging along.

lebeau

I'll leave the specifics of the "update" (if there is one) to the Imagineers. But of course Monster's Inc. could easily be made to fit UoE. An energy crisis was a major plot point of that movie. And if people are unaware of that, they could be brought up to date very quickly in the attraction itself. I think people are objecting to this idea based on their own personal preferences to keep characters out of Epcot as much as possible.

And while Epcot is regarded as the more "adult" park, this reputation cuts both ways. I know lots of people (who have or have not even been there) who equate Epcot with boredom. For the common tourist, characters add fun. And to a lot of people (non-Disney purists), Epcot could use an infusion of fun.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom