What is Next for Disney for 2013-2019?

cheezbat

Isn't it saying more about your friends than it is the parks?

My friends are not just people in my age range(mid 20's-mid 30's)...but also older people with children...as well as teens. Heck, aside from Epcot, even my grandfather in his late 80's would take Universals two parks over Disney's parks.

Patricia Melton

My friends are not just people in my age range(mid 20's-mid 30's)...but also older people with children...as well as teens. Heck, aside from Epcot, even my grandfather in his late 80's would take Universals two parks over Disney's parks.

I think Universal is junky. That's my opinion.

Your grandfather and those others are entitled to their opinions.

I'm glad, too, because there's more room for my family in the Disney parks then!

cheezbat

I think Universal is junky. That's my opinion.

Your grandfather and those others are entitled to their opinions.

I'm glad, too, because there's more room for my family in the Disney parks then!
You're entitled to your opinions too...

Have you ever been to Disneyland? If not then you have no idea what true Magic is. WDW is becoming a joke.

ULPO46

Huh? Weird comment
No seriously since when are there E tickets at disney. I know that there are fast pass i have been to Disneyland and know that they have them there but no where in disney world florida are there any such thing as an E ticket. They haven't been used in a long time.

ULPO46

You're entitled to your opinions too...

Have you ever been to Disneyland? If not then you have no idea what true Magic is. WDW is becoming a joke.
To a certain extent you are correct but it's your opinion. Disneyland and Disney world have their pro's and con's. Both are owned by Disney and not some foreign company thank god. Guess what their not made in China their American pride even if everything they sell has the sticker made in China they still are an American Run company. Thats a rarity now a days.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
No seriously since when are there E tickets at disney. I know that there are fast pass i have been to Disneyland and know that they have them there but no where in disney world florida are there any such thing as an E ticket. They haven't been used in a long time.

The lettered ticket system is long gone, but the term E-Ticket has remained to describe the premier attractions in a park. So rides like Pirates, Haunted Mansion and Space Mountain would be considered by most to be E-Tickets.

ULPO46

The lettered ticket system is long gone, but the term E-Ticket has remained to describe the premier attractions in a park. So rides like Pirates, Haunted Mansion and Space Mountain would be considered by most to be E-Tickets.
I know that. The term is still around and sort of old fashioned. But prooves my point on the tickets being gone. Do you think the lines would be as long today if people had to purchase those again or people don't care how much they spend in disney parks.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I know that. The term is still around and sort of old fashioned. But prooves my point on the tickets being gone. Do you think the lines would be as long today if people had to purchase those again or people don't care how much they spend in disney parks.

Your original quote said "WDW has no E tickets. Why they don't have any more is a mystery and why Disneyland has them is even more perplexed."

Disneyland doesn't use the letter ticket system either, so it sounded like you were refereing to E-Ticket attracitons not literal E-Ticket tickets.

If I was in control of Imagineering at WDW:

1: Tone down the overwhelming PIXAR presence at DHS. I like the idea of a small area devoted to PIXAR so I'd add more stuff over there. I wouldn't build Carsland anywhere at WDW. I'm sorry if I upset anybody but TWDC is going crazy with franchises right now. WDW does not need anymore PIXAR themed things. (Unless another Incredibles film is made).

2: Expand DHS Backlot. I would get rid of the Pearl Harbor show scene in the queue and replace it with something, i don't know, maybe RELEVANT? Also get all new props and movie items for the boneyards. The props they have now have been sitting there basically since the park opened. I would also scrap Catastrophe Canyon and replace it with another disaster show scene. And, if they have the land, physically expand the backlot behind LMA. (I've looked on Google Earth and they can just re-route the entrance road a little further back.) Add some more space for studios and show sets, and actually make the park seem like a working studio, which was the initial intended idea of DHS.

3. Replace American Idol with some sort of comedy show. Or the Sounds Dangerous theater can be used as a live Whose Line? comedy show, family friendly of course. I mean the park should do something with ABC, since the company does own it.

4. Revamp Indiana Jones Stunt Show. Change the sets/add new scenes, or just refurb the existing sets to make them better and fresher.

5. FIX THE YETI!!!!!

6. Expand Animal Kingdom. Possibly Avaterland, if the concept ever gets off the ground. Animal Kingdom desperately needs more things to do.

7. Add new countries at Epcot.

8. Reopen Wonders of Life pavilion, or at least put something new in there.

That's all I can think of off the top of my head right now.

cheezbat

To a certain extent you are correct but it's your opinion. Disneyland and Disney world have their pro's and con's. Both are owned by Disney and not some foreign company thank god. Guess what their not made in China their American pride even if everything they sell has the sticker made in China they still are an American Run company. Thats a rarity now a days.

I know the parks are American owned. The sad thing is seeing just how differently things are run between the 2 American resorts. At one point and time WDW was the shining beacon and Disneyland the red-headed stepchild...but as a Floridian who has been visiting WDW for nearly 30 years as well as Disneyland the past decade, I can honestly say things have switched. Disneyland does an excellent job now of upkeep and refreshing things, as well as building quality attractions. WDW seems to be starting to get back to proper upkeep, but they have a ways to go.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom