What is Next for Disney for 2013-2019?

wdwfan4ver

Very true, but I will be very surprised if the location doesn't sit empty for a significant period of time before it's ever replaced with anything.
I agree,and it would be a shame. Empty American Idol Experience empty really would stick out like a sore thumb. I don't think when Wonders of Life not being use sticks out like the American Idol Experience Building would be if it was empty.

backinaction

i think american idol needs to be replaced asap. Leave out the fact that the actual show is losing alot of viewers, the experience just isn't bringing in the people like it used to. I was in the parks 3 days ago and only 2 of the winners showed up for the finale. The theater was not even 1/4 full. I also went tonight when 5 of the winners showed up for the finale (two of which were Brazilians who didn't speak any English and got laughed off the stage.) It seems like Disney will have to replace this soon, but with what? another m@g? They already closed sounds dangerous without replacing it. Will they do the same with the American Idol Experience?

bubbles1812

Would be cool but I love Philharmagic.
Ahhhhhh. I agree with you on something! Never thought that would happen ;) I love Philharmagic too and wouldn't ever want to see it go away...though I wouldn't mind if they cleaned the film... I wish they'd put in another ride somewhere though, just not in that specific location... maybe could put it where the new absolutely needless M&G will be (and that's coming from someone who typically doesn't mind M&GS)

CaptainShortty

i think american idol needs to be replaced asap. Leave out the fact that the actual show is losing alot of viewers, the experience just isn't bringing in the people like it used to. I was in the parks 3 days ago and only 2 of the winners showed up for the finale. The theater was not even 1/4 full. I also went tonight when 5 of the winners showed up for the finale (two of which were Brazilians who didn't speak any English and got laughed off the stage.) It seems like Disney will have to replace this soon, but with what? another m@g? They already closed sounds dangerous without replacing it. Will they do the same with the American Idol Experience?

Wouldn't it be wonderful if they tore down Idol and Sounds Dangerous and put in an awesome E-ticket. Well, I guess one can only dream...
I feel like until NGE is in full swing we won't be seeing a whole lot attractions wise. =/

gonnichi

There is only one guarantee, ok maybe two: continuing the price increases and more DVC... other than that, well, I wouldn't expect much LOL...

You are so right about that.

I think I am going to be Value Engineering my next vacation to Orlando. If that is possible to do, lol. Its seems the only thing that is worth the cost anymore at WDW, is the Magic Kingdom. The function to me is still worth the price. It is still of vaule to me and its function to cost is still acceptable. the other WDW Parks no way. So I will be Value engineering them out of my next trip. They need to reduce the cost for the other Disney Parks to be of any value to me anymore. So from now on I am going to be vacationing at Universal Orlando, Sea World, and the Magic Kingdom.

RSoxNo1

I had the thought tonight regarding The Streets of America. With that being the most likely area for DHS expansion the thought from me became where to put teh Osborne Lights. I'd like to see them recreate the Streets of America facades in the backstage area behind Rock 'n' Roller Coaster and have that be the new home for the Osborne Lights.

cheezbat

You are so right about that.

I think I am going to be Value Engineering my next vacation to Orlando. If that is possible to do, lol. Its seems the only thing that is worth the cost anymore at WDW, is the Magic Kingdom. The function to me is still worth the price. It is still of vaule to me and its function to cost is still acceptable. the other WDW Parks no way. So I will be Value engineering them out of my next trip. They need to reduce the cost for the other Disney Parks to be of any value to me anymore. So from now on I am going to be vacationing at Universal Orlando, Sea World, and the Magic Kingdom.

That's exactly what friends of mine do. They don't care to spend the money on any of the Disney parks except MK. That's says something telling about the other parks.

Pinhead

What's Next? 2009-2019?

I know their version of what is next was cancelled so let us speculate about the direction of DisneyWorld by looking at the past. Let us take the year 1998 to 2008 and compare them to 2009 to 2019.
From 1998 to the year 2008, Disney created these attractions for the Disney World parks.
1998: 1. Animal Kingdom opens up.
2. Fantasmic is open in DHS
1999: 1.Winnie the Pooh ride opens in MK (replaced Mr. Toads Wild Ride)
2. Test Track opens in Epcot
3. Rock'N Roller Coaster opens in DHS
2001: Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge Opens
2003: 1. Mission Space opens in Epcot
2. Philimagic opens in MK
2005: 1. Soarin opens in Epcot
2006: 1. Expedition Everest opens in AK
2007: 1. Living Seas Refurb to Nemo Theme
2008: 1. Toy Story Mania opens in DHS

Where will Disney be going forward to 2019? From 2009 till present we have...
2009-2011? Not sure what great attractions opened at the parks?

2012: 1. Moved Dumbo ride to another location in park and added another spinner
2. Rethemed Barnstormer to Great Goofini
3. Opened Little Mermaid ride
4. Closed Snow White Scary Adventures
5. Test Track Refurb to Tron-like theme.
2013: Start construction of Avatar themed land?....Maybe???
2014: Seven Dwarfs Mine Train opens
2015-2019?.... what will be next? Looks like Disney has a lot to catch up on if it wants to keep pace with what they did during the 1998-2008 time period.
I didn't account for openings of restaurants or shops, meet and greets, nor did I add any value hotels in the mix. Did I miss anything? Is Disney about to explode with building plans for exciting attractions from 2015-2019?

What does the in the know crowd know? We hear rumors but that is all they are, just rumors. We heard rumors during the 1998 to 2008 period but we also saw rides being created or high end concept shows or deluxe resort hotels (Animal Kingdom Lodge) that are attractions themselves.

We haven't even seen Disney break ground on new concepts yet. Anything they start in 2013 will open in 2015.

Can we please hear some feel good about the directions of the Disney World parks? What is Next for Disney World?
2012: Star Tours 2.0
2013: Rapunzel's Toilets and, if the rumors are true, an enhanced queue at Peter Pan's Flight.
2017: one more AA in the Hall of Presidents.

wedenterprises

To replace Idol, I'd love to see something similar to Superstar Television. Using green screens and modern technology to put guests into movies like Pirates, Tron, even a mo-cap animated character. Between those scenes they could explain how digital effects are done.

Oh, but wait DHS has lost sight of what it's theme is, so ya sure just slap a nemo ride in there.

MattM

I would like to continue to see dividend boosts to be more in-line with companies of its size.

Oh, that's not what you meant...

ULPO46

Me becoming a part of Disney Imaganeering. I will be a rebel without a cause to make sure in all will that Disneyworld be a better place and that as it once was Hollywood studios be an teen-adult park. With newer faster cooler technologically advanced rides. Imagine a ride called the Grid based off of the movie Tron Legacy where guest board a "Light Speeder" and are zoomed into a fantastic roller coaster that blends the real world with the digital world. Guest embark through a specially themed area modeled after flynns arcade this would be near the new york area so that the rides qhue looks like a relized represntation of Flynns arcade. That will be the future of Disneys Hollywood.

BryceM

That's exactly what friends of mine do. They don't care to spend the money on any of the Disney parks except MK. That's says something telling about the other parks.
I live two hours from Orlando and it's the same with my friends. Everyone loves Universal Studios, Universal's Islands of Adventure and Magic Kingdom. A lot of my friends have never been to Epcot, a lot didn't like Animal Kingdom, and some think that Disney's Hollywood Studios is actually Universal Studios. We took a trip last year and did a park-hopper for the day at Universal Orlando and one of my friends asked where Tower of Terror was in the park.

ULPO46

WDW has no E tickets. Why they don't have any more is a mystery and why Disneyland has them is even more perplexed.

lebeau

2012 - Annual Price Hikes
2013 - Steeper than usual Price Hikes and Limited Time Magic
2014 - Annual Price Hikes
2015 - Annual Price Hikes
2016 - Annual Price Hikes and the Return of MSEP?
2017 - Annual Price Hikes
2018 - Annual Price Hikes
2019 - Annual Price Hikes and the Return of Spectromagic

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Me becoming a part of Disney Imaganeering. I will be a rebel without a cause to make sure in all will that Disneyworld be a better place and that as it once was Hollywood studios be an teen-adult park. With newer faster cooler technologically advanced rides. Imagine a ride called the Grid based off of the movie Tron Legacy where guest board a "Light Speeder" and are zoomed into a fantastic roller coaster that blends the real world with the digital world. Guest embark through a specially themed area modeled after flynns arcade this would be near the new york area so that the rides qhue looks like a relized represntation of Flynns arcade. That will be the future of Disneys Hollywood.

Wouldn't that actually make you a rebel WITH a cause? ;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom