What is Next for Disney for 2013-2019?

jensenrick

Look at Disney's TV ads recently. The narrator implies that those who have visited in the past will be surprised by all the new things, with the tag line "been there, haven't done that." But they have very little to back that up.
The point is- they know the perception is that the Disney parks have gotten stale, but they just want to gloss over it.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
That's just not true anymore. I have been to Orlando for 5 days, parked my car on arrival at Royal Pacific, and never got in my car again until it was time to go home. And I had a MAGICal time, that my family wants to repeat.

I did say a week, not 5 days;)

Seriously, Universal is great and I'm not putting it down, but there just isn't enough to do for the average person to stay for a whole week. I'm sure there are some who do, but IMHO it's a drop in the bucket compared to WDW.

jensenrick

I did say a week, not 5 days;)

Seriously, Universal is great and I'm not putting it down, but there just isn't enough to do for the average person to stay for a whole week. I'm sure there are some who do, but IMHO it's a drop in the bucket compared to WDW.
The point was - during that vacation, I never left the Universal property. And no one felt the least bit slighted by not going to Disney.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
The point was - during that vacation, I never left the Universal property. And no one felt the least bit slighted by not going to Disney.

I wasn't hating on Universal in my original post that you quoted and I wasn't saying that people can't or don't go to Orlando and skip Disney. My primary point is that like DLR in California, Universal FL still gets the majority of it's visitors from day trips and shorter trips. WDW visitors tend to stay longer and buy multi-day tickets which makes quantifying additional revenue from new attractions more difficult.

DisneyGuyNYC

Look at Disney's TV ads recently. The narrator implies that those who have visited in the past will be surprised by all the new things, with the tag line "been there, haven't done that." But they have very little to back that up.
The point is- they know the perception is that the Disney parks have gotten stale, but they just want to gloss over it.
I think that has to do with different people dealing with the issues. The decision makers on how to execute actual solutions to the drought of new attractions aren't acting but the advertising team needs to combat stigma and spark interest. So they're attempting to challenge the idea that Disney has gotten boring but they're not being given much to work with.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom