What is Next for Disney for 2013-2019?

wiigirl

I would like to see lower rates in the family suites at AOA and All-Star Music!

lol...wouldn't we all! :p
75.gif

CinematicFusion

Original Poster
When you start to look at the stats, look at what Disney has done in the past compared to what they are doing now...it becomes a joke.
Since 09 Disney World has opened just one ride. Little mermaid...am I wrong?
Moving a ride(dumbo) and adding a new spinner doesn't count as a new ride. Same ride, different area of park.

At this point in time during the period of 1998-2008 Disney had already opened up major rides, a new park, and were still building new concepts.
It's like it all of a sudden...just stopped.
It's like Disney doesn't have a solid direction of where they want to go with Disney World.

Yes, we hear rumors everyday of possibilities but that has always happened and will continue. It's what imagineers get paid to do. I'm sure they have hundreds of grand ideas all ready to go....if they were just given a green light.

Again, I feel it comes down to direction....the powers at Disney World don't have one. Fail to plan...plan to fail. This is a industry that is event driven, what's new?, what's next?
Disney in the film world has a direction. A strong one. Buying Pixar,Marvel, LucasFilm. Guess they feel that is where the money is. High concept films equal better return on investment then a high concept ride.

Or...they feel they just don't need to build because people will come. They feel there isn't enough return on investment for a high end ride...so why build, people are still coming. Not sure the reason but Disney has slowed down production on rides and high end concepts in the Disney World resorts. Just look at the stats, right there for everyone to see.

Clyde Birdbrain

Unknown Member
From 1998 to the year 2008, Disney created these attractions for the Disney World parks.
1998: 1. Animal Kingdom opens up.
2. Fantasmic is open in DHS
1999: 1.Winnie the Pooh ride opens in MK (replaced Mr. Toads Wild Ride)
2. Test Track opens in Epcot
3. Rock'N Roller Coaster opens in DHS
2001: Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge Opens
2003: 1. Mission Space opens in Epcot
2. Philimagic opens in MK
2005: 1. Soarin opens in Epcot
2006: 1. Expedition Everest opens in AK
2007: 1. Living Seas Refurb to Nemo Theme
2008: 1. Toy Story Mania opens in DHS

A few more:

1998: Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin
2000: Illuminations
2001: Magic Carpets of Aladdin
2004: Turtle Talk with Crush
2004: Stitch's Great Escape
2005: Lights, Motors, Action!

bubbles1812

2018?? No way it should take five freaking years to build not even a full park but just one land, especially if they go the route of value engineering... The kids who have grown up with cars will have grown up!!

mvieguy

Not positive, but I seem to remember some kind of nature 3d movie. I'm sure others remember better than me.

actually I just read up on it. it was originally the Mickey Mouse Revue. which was one of the original animatronic shows when the park opened. but closed in 1980. it then was used as fantasyland theatre, which housed an attraction that was originally in Journey into Imagination, before capt EO debuted. that was then turned into The Lion King....until the Philhamagic, took over.

aparently, the inside is big enough for a dark ride similar to Mr Toad or Peter pan. shame, wouldnt have minded seeing a Pinnochio dark ride

td1129

actually I just read up on it. it was originally the Mickey Mouse Revue. which was one of the original animatronic shows when the park opened. but closed in 1980. it then was used as fantasyland theatre, which housed an attraction that was originally in Journey into Imagination, before capt EO debuted. that was then turned into The Lion King....until the Philhamagic, took over.

aparently, the inside is big enough for a dark ride similar to Mr Toad or Peter pan. shame, wouldnt have minded seeing a Pinnochio dark ride

Would be cool but I love Philharmagic.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom