What is most likely to be built between 7DMT and Avatar?

Disneyhead'71

It's not that the story for the attraction lacks depth, it's that the action is so frantic that it's hard to follow.
For the events the rider is seeing to have any impact, the rider needs to be able to understand what's going on enough to know:
1.) What's happening
2.) Am I in danger?
3.) Is someone or something else in danger?
4.) Should I care?

If the viewer/rider can't figure these things out, there's no way to be invested in the events of the attraction, either on an emotional or even primal level. If it's just a bunch of nonstop noise and motion (like the films the ride is based on) most of the action is wasted energy and actually detracts from the experience.
Most people seem to be able to grasp the story without a Princess explaining it to them. Maybe Disney fans SHOULD stick with rides that aren't rides who's names starting with "Storytime..."

kap91

It's not that the story for the attraction lacks depth, it's that the action is so frantic that it's hard to follow.
For the events the rider is seeing to have any impact, the rider needs to be able to understand what's going on enough to know:
1.) What's happening
2.) Am I in danger?
3.) Is someone or something else in danger?
4.) Should I care?

If the viewer/rider can't figure these things out, there's no way to be invested in the events of the attraction, either on an emotional or even primal level. If it's just a bunch of nonstop noise and motion (like the films the ride is based on) most of the action is wasted energy and actually detracts from the experience.
I couldn't have said it better.

Buck

Original Poster
I like this game.

What do Imagineers do?

Tram04.jpg

What does TDO do?
Walt%20Disney%20World%20248-L.jpg

Buck

Original Poster
Poor example. WDSP was value engineered by Burbank. Eisner admitted off the record (he thought) the night before the park officially opened that it was too cheap and too small.

Okay, so why is it any less fair than comparing the worst part of wdw to the best part of any Disney park anywhere?

the_claw

Haha, you're kidding, right? The Disney plan for HP was Midway Mania with magic wands.[/quote]

Quote, source?!? Yes the ride system used in HP is amazing and revolutionary but the actual buildings are pretty poor compared to main street usa for example. every time i have walked through there i always feel that Disney could have made the whole experience better because its essentially a line of buildings that 3 you can go in. also lack of British people working there frustrates me...Disney would have only employed British people to make it themed much better and thats the difference, you cant deny that.

Zweiland

Quote, source?!? Yes the ride system used in HP is amazing and revolutionary but the actual buildings are pretty poor compared to main street usa for example. every time i have walked through there i always feel that Disney could have made the whole experience better because its essentially a line of buildings that 3 you can go in. also lack of British people working there frustrates me...Disney would have only employed British people to make it themed much better and thats the difference, you cant deny that.
Disney would not have employed only British people, are you kidding me? Yes, I actually can deny that.

And I'll put the Hogwarts castle on par with or above MSUSA any day. If you're going to make the argument that you can see the show building, well, some of the Main Street show buildings are visible as well.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Haha, you're kidding, right? The Disney plan for HP was Midway Mania with magic wands.

That's assuming Rowling would have let them. It's my understanding that the small shops where at her insistence.

the_claw

Disney would not have employed only British people, are you kidding me? Yes, I actually can deny that.

And I'll put the Hogwarts castle on par with or above MSUSA any day. If you're going to make the argument that you can see the show building, well, some of the Main Street show buildings are visible as well.

Disney DO employ just British people, and Germans, French, Japanese etc for World Showcase, if you have heard of it? They could easily have added that into their international programs (which Uni do as well btw) as an exclusive offering for that program.

I wasnt comparing the castle but the whole land. Of course you are going to see the show building but you can for a lot of rides, i was talking about Hogsmeade. I agree the shops should be small and thats what Rowling wanted cos thats in the books but I still dont get a sense of being immersed in the HP world. I still know that I am in a theme park. Most people would agree that Disney does a much better job than Uni in regards to theming and experiences for the guest to enjoy.

Put it this way, Disney will always be able to bring that excited flutter to your stomach when you walk under the train station. Uni do not have that effect on people.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom