What is most likely to be built between 7DMT and Avatar?

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Back to the original question, here's my thoughts...

When it comes to major attractions I think the foreseeable future is pretty clear:

MK: Just got the Fantasyland Expansion which will finish next year, so I don't see it getting any more major new attractions any time soon.
AK: We know what the plans are for this, Avatar, night time show, etc.
DHS: If DHS isn't getting Star Wars then it's not getting anything.
Epcot: This is probably the biggest question mark, but when it comes to major attractions I think an Imagination re-do is the most likely. Don't see them doing anything major with the other FW pavillions, except maybe Energy. They could add rides to WS but they just don't seem interested in doing that. There have been a lot of rumors of new WS countries but none of them seem to be getting any traction.

Last edited:

The Empress Lilly

I believe @Lee has said Disney's HP proposal was very underwhelming, that it was Midway-Mania-like.

And you're going to compare Hogsmeade's themed stores and merchandise (and highly imaginative shop windows) with the MK's Main Street outlet mall? Rowling wouldn't accept Starbucks in Hogsmeade (as Disney has on Main Street)...she wouldn't even allow them to sell Coke there!

But Disney woulda done it better. Right.
To steer this nicely off-topic: your quote shows exactly whhat is wrong with WDW and Starbucks. Just for one second imagine Rowling agreeing to a Starbucks in Hogsmeade, and you understand just how watered down WDW's themed environments have become.

Buck

Original Poster
What's angry about it? The truth hurts.. and many Disney fans are butt hurt that Disney is putting out a stale product while Universal is putting out a new, fun, and exciting product... The only one's angry and mad are butt hurt pixie dusters... The rest of us, well, we are very happy cause someone is giving us new and exciting experiences in their park (Universal) instead of wrist band which are meant to make you feel like you are under mouse arrest (WDW)...

BTW, from my trip: DHS nearly put me to sleep.... DAK was good for the first 2 hours, then became boring since there was not much to do after 2 hours (did the whole park by 12, got there at 9:30)... Epcot is stale and in sad shape... MK, too many attractions breaking down, food choices are slim (sorry BoG does not cut it)... And Guest Relations lines were longer than stand by queues... FP+ was worthless... Transportation in WDW is in shambles... The buses are unreliable and the monorail barely runs right...

You don't need to try so hard to get people to hold your opinion. You should be comfortable in your ability to form your own, just like the rest if us. Just because someone on here has the audacity to be a Disney world fan (on a Disney world fan site), shouldn't bring out the angry uni little brother defensive fanboi in you.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
You don't need to try so hard to get people to hold your opinion. You should be comfortable in your ability to form your own, just like the rest if us. Just because someone on here has the audacity to be a Disney world fan (on a Disney world fan site), shouldn't bring out the angry uni little brother defensive fanboi in you.

If you really feel this way then why to you so often post "put down's" of people who don't agree with your opinion? If you are so confident in your own point of view then there should be no reason to attack people.

BryceM

Maybe he's getting angry because every post you make is essentially you poking at the fire.

Disneyhead'71

Sorry to seem like such a Unifanboi, but that is where I am right now. I grew up being blown away by Disney's dominance. Then I went to DCA for it's premier. I can't remember ever being so disappointed. 5 years later I return to WDW after not being there from '93- 2006. I found that the same guys that served up DCA had been driving the place. It has just gone down hill from there. Then after not going to the junk show called Universal Orlando from '93 to '07, there had been a paradigm shift. And Uni has been on an amazing trajectory since while WDW has languished in corporate mediocrity. I would literally pay money to have Disney blow the socks right off my feet. But that wouldn't be corporately prudent. So they serve up magic bands while the neighbors are trying really hard to impress. No claims Uni is perfect, they have crappy counter service (although they are really trying in that respect), they totally fumbled the launch of their dining plan, and they still have some unimpressive attractions (twister I'm looking at you). But one Orlando Destination Theme Park Resort is trying hard while the other is just trying hard to take my money.

Just calling it as I see it.

TubaGeek

God bless the "Ignore" button.
Just because someone on here has the audacity to be a Disney world fan (on a Disney world fan site), shouldn't bring out the angry uni little brother defensive fanboi in you.
Ready for this? I don't think you are. But here it is: I honestly think that I, and the folks you are fighting, are more of WDW fans than you. Sure, we don't blindly defend it, but we hold our park to a higher standard. We're not content with Disney sitting on their thumbs while the competition dominates the industry. We are not satisfied with the money-hungry management asking for more and offering less. We are not blind to the fact that Universal has been busting their humps since Potter opened, or even since IOA opened. We're not going to make bold statements about what everyone feels when they enter a theme park.
It's because we care (more than you, in my opinion), that we demand a higher standard from our parks. I think @marni1971 is a perfect example of this. His HOURS, probably DAYS of footage of Disney parks, which he has spent DAYS, probably WEEKS researching and editing, proves he is one of the biggest WDW fans in the world. But if you ask him for an analysis of the two resorts right now... it won't end well for Disney.

BryceM

Ready for this? I don't think you are. But here it is: I honestly think that I, and the folks you are fighting, are more of WDW fans than you. Sure, we don't blindly defend it, but we hold our park to a higher standard. We're not content with Disney sitting on their thumbs while the competition dominates the industry. We are not satisfied with the money-hungry management asking for more and offering less. We are not blind to the fact that Universal has been busting their humps since Potter opened, or even since IOA opened. We're not going to make bold statements about what everyone feels when they enter a theme park.
It's because we care (more than you, in my opinion), that we demand a higher standard from our parks. I think @marni1971 is a perfect example of this. His HOURS, probably DAYS of footage of Disney parks, which he has spent DAYS, probably WEEKS researching and editing, proves he is one of the biggest WDW fans in the world. But if you ask him for an analysis of the two resorts right now... it won't end well for Disney.
Islands of Adventure's opening in 1999 definitely proved what Universal could do... A fully immersive theme park. Not that the Studios doesn't have some great theming, but it seems like Universal really did go "Disney" on Islands of Adventure, considering their only other parks were movie studio parks. Universal Creative only got better from there.

Buck

Original Poster

Maybe you're right. There's definitely a big part of me that would rather wear those blinders so that I can still go down to wdw and enjoy myself. I would love to see a new renaissance at wdw, as much if not more that most here. It just gets super annoying that all people here do is harp on the yeti day and night, make nonstop unfunny cracks about themed restrooms, magic bands, spirits, whatever. It would be nice to come onto a site like this and talk about news and rumors, which is what it is intended for, without enduring the relentless fest and sarcasm. And for the record, the times that does happen, this board is amazing. It also happens to be the undisputed go to place for inside info on upcoming projects. That's why I've been reading this specific section of this specific board for years. Just my two cents.

Captain Chaos

Never mind... I'll be the one who stops feeding the obvious troll....

Captain Chaos

Some people don't mind living in a ghetto... Others don't mind living in a cardboard box on the street.... Some WDW fans don't mind the place falling apart and being robbed by TDO... Then there are those of us who prefer to live in a nice house (doesn't have to be a mansion but that would be nice!)... There are those of us who like to hold Disney to DISNEY'S standards, something they no longer do... But hey, Universal is now out Disneying Disney... And we aren't afraid to say so...

I always use the sports team analogy... Some people can root for a sports team, but still see the flaws and disagree with off season moves... Then there are those rabid fans who refuse to ever see their team as weak, or a non-contender, or in decline.. They defend the team to death.. They say every move is the best off season move in the history of the sport... They live in a fantasy world... And can never bring themselves to give kudos to the competition... These are the people who may need to step back... They aren't true fans, just blind followers... Minions... Drones... brainwashed... Some of them act like they are part of a cult...

Real fans can see flaws, look at things with an open mind...

Last edited:

RSoxNo1

Yep.
I think both assume (probably correctly) that most riders will already be intimately familiar with the stories of the properties on which the attractions are based. Still, it wouldn't have hurt the Forbidden Journey queue to spend a little bit more time hinting at the various dangers to later be encountered.

I would agree that the problem is worse for Transformers because it's so much more frenetic and the villains and heroes look exactly alike and move too fast for their size.
Universal relies largely on intellectual property to sell their attractions, and they are getting repeat business when the attractions themselves are of a high quality. They have also done a much better job marketing The Wizarding World of Harry Potter than Disney has ever done for New Fantasyland, Star Tours or any other addition to the parks. What's funny, is that it seems like the add campaign for Potter was similar enough to the Universal Escape ad campaign (no distinction between parks) but with it being 10 years later, people were willing to do the necessary research for the in demand Intellectual Property.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Maybe you're right. There's definitely a big part of me that would rather wear those blinders so that I can still go down to wdw and enjoy myself. I would love to see a new renaissance at wdw, as much if not more that most here. It just gets super annoying that all people here do is harp on the yeti day and night, make nonstop unfunny cracks about themed restrooms, magic bands, spirits, whatever. It would be nice to come onto a site like this and talk about news and rumors, which is what it is intended for, without enduring the relentless fest and sarcasm. And for the record, the times that does happen, this board is amazing. It also happens to be the undisputed go to place for inside info on upcoming projects. That's why I've been reading this specific section of this specific board for years. Just my two cents.

You don't need to wear blinders to enjoy yourself. You can acknowledge the faults and still have a good time.

When it comes to the message board, when you get right down to it, there really isn't a whole lot to talk about, it's not like there is some new piece of big news every day. The things you mention inevitably pop up to fill the gaps.

Oh, and I think the restroom jokes are warranted. It's a little disappointed to see Disney spend over a year and a half to create an incredibly themed area for a very popular movie and just put restrooms in it.

G00fyDad

I should go back to lurking. This place loses its mind when people don't hate disney world.

I don't hate WDW. As a matter of fact I feel so attached to it that I will likely not visit Universal. That's just me I guess. But I do feel the need to voice my concern of the state of Disney. What people lose their mind over is the way in which people come onto the board and argumentatively post their "pro-WDW" viewpoints. There are people here that prefer Disney over Universal. There are people here that like Disney and Universal both. There are people here that prefer Universal over Disney. There are even people here that hate Disney. (a few anyway) But what we ALL do not like is someone coming at us with sarcastic and hateful comments. What you'll get every single time with that is more of the same back at you. We are all free to express our opinions, and they are just that... OUR opinions. No one person's opinion is any more valid than another's. Arguments start because of the way in which people react to those opinions.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom