What is most likely to be built between 7DMT and Avatar?

TalkingHead

Quote, source?!? Yes the ride system used in HP is amazing and revolutionary but the actual buildings are pretty poor compared to main street usa for example. every time i have walked through there i always feel that Disney could have made the whole experience better because its essentially a line of buildings that 3 you can go in.

I believe @Lee has said Disney's HP proposal was very underwhelming, that it was Midway-Mania-like.

And you're going to compare Hogsmeade's themed stores and merchandise (and highly imaginative shop windows) with the MK's Main Street outlet mall? Rowling wouldn't accept Starbucks in Hogsmeade (as Disney has on Main Street)...she wouldn't even allow them to sell Coke there!

But Disney woulda done it better. Right.

PorterRedkey

KUKA arms are now being used for flight training, I think that is a pretty good indication of what they are capable of.

Nice video! It gets me thinking about the "Soarin 2.0 for Pandora Place at AK. Could rows of Kuka arms be stacked over one another and then put into a dome screen for 180 projection? It might be the wrong use for the tech, but thanks for stirring some ideas.

BryceM

Put it this way, Disney will always be able to bring that excited flutter to your stomach when you walk under the train station. Uni do not have that effect on people.
How do you know? I always get an "excited flutter" in my stomach when I arrive at IOA in the early morning, only to hear the music of Port of Entry and the roar of the Hulk.

You may not get that "feeling", but I do and I'm sure that many, many others do when they're at either Universal park. It's not fair of you to generalize the population as a whole as you just did.

Disneyhead'71

Seems pretty immersive to me.
hogsmeade-at-night.jpg

Captain Chaos

sorry i thought this was a WDW forum, not the Uni one
You must be new here. The uni fanbois took over long ago.
You both can leave... no one is forcing you to stay here... stop being butt hurt cause WDW is run by morons and Universal has started kicking the little rat's tail...

BTW, just got back from a week long vacation in Orlando.. Stayed at my DVC, went to Universal, IOA, DAK, MK, Epcot, and DHS... Had more fun at Uni and IOA... ran into tons of miserable and rude CMs at the Disney parks... Mermaid sucks, to be honest... Talking about no story... mermaid fails to tell the story of Little Mermaid... Fails miserably... and the ride felt plastic... new Fantasyland is style no substance...

Zweiland

Disney DO employ just British people, and Germans, French, Japanese etc for World Showcase, if you have heard of it? They could easily have added that into their international programs (which Uni do as well btw) as an exclusive offering for that program.

I wasnt comparing the castle but the whole land. Of course you are going to see the show building but you can for a lot of rides, i was talking about Hogsmeade. I agree the shops should be small and thats what Rowling wanted cos thats in the books but I still dont get a sense of being immersed in the HP world. I still know that I am in a theme park. Most people would agree that Disney does a much better job than Uni in regards to theming and experiences for the guest to enjoy.

Put it this way, Disney will always be able to bring that excited flutter to your stomach when you walk under the train station. Uni do not have that effect on people.
Disney is still giving me that excited flutter as I've only been 3 times. However, that flutter slowly disappears as I keep walking down Main Street and observe the quality of maintenance compared to my recent Disneyland and USO trips.

Zweiland

Disney DO employ just British people, and Germans, French, Japanese etc for World Showcase, if you have heard of it? They could easily have added that into their international programs (which Uni do as well btw) as an exclusive offering for that program.

I wasnt comparing the castle but the whole land. Of course you are going to see the show building but you can for a lot of rides, i was talking about Hogsmeade. I agree the shops should be small and thats what Rowling wanted cos thats in the books but I still dont get a sense of being immersed in the HP world. I still know that I am in a theme park. Most people would agree that Disney does a much better job than Uni in regards to theming and experiences for the guest to enjoy.

Valid point about World Showcase. I just don't really see why it is necessary. What difference does having British as opposed to American CMs make? That's like saying we should have CMs from the future in Tomorrowland (a rather extreme comparison, but you get my drift).

BryceM

sorry i thought this was a WDW forum, not the Uni one
Plot twist... There are people who actually like both. It's just the ridiculous claims that you're making that are making people get defensive. You basically stated that it's fact that nobody gets a special feeling at Universal, and that they only get it at Disney. It might be true for some people, but not for others.

Buck

Original Poster
You both can leave... no one is forcing you to stay here... stop being butt hurt cause WDW is run by morons and Universal has started kicking the little rat's tail...

BTW, just got back from a week long vacation in Orlando.. Stayed at my DVC, went to Universal, IOA, DAK, MK, Epcot, and DHS... Had more fun at Uni and IOA... ran into tons of miserable and rude CMs at the Disney parks... Mermaid sucks, to be honest... Talking about no story... mermaid fails to tell the story of Little Mermaid... Fails miserably... and the ride felt plastic... new Fantasyland is style no substance...

So angry.

danlb_2000

Premium Member

Yes, they do it for World Showcase, but do they do country specific casting anywhere else? Is everyone working at Be Our Guest French? Is everyone working in in New Orleans Square at Disneyland from the South? It's possible that they might have done this for HP but there is every reason to believe they wouldn't have.

Your last statement is not true, there are people who find Uni just as magical as Disney. You might not feel that way, but it doesn't mean others don't. No everything at Uni is perfectly themed but IMHO Hogsmede is about as good as you can get with themeing. I can't think of much that could be added to it that would bake it feel more like HP. Uni has proven that Disney no longer has a monopoly on high quality themed experiences.

Captain Chaos

So angry.
What's angry about it? The truth hurts.. and many Disney fans are butt hurt that Disney is putting out a stale product while Universal is putting out a new, fun, and exciting product... The only one's angry and mad are butt hurt pixie dusters... The rest of us, well, we are very happy cause someone is giving us new and exciting experiences in their park (Universal) instead of wrist band which are meant to make you feel like you are under mouse arrest (WDW)...

BTW, from my trip: DHS nearly put me to sleep.... DAK was good for the first 2 hours, then became boring since there was not much to do after 2 hours (did the whole park by 12, got there at 9:30)... Epcot is stale and in sad shape... MK, too many attractions breaking down, food choices are slim (sorry BoG does not cut it)... And Guest Relations lines were longer than stand by queues... FP+ was worthless... Transportation in WDW is in shambles... The buses are unreliable and the monorail barely runs right...

JimboJones123

Did somebody post that WDW's PotC is better than HP Forbidden Journey?

I've been numb ever since reading that. But at all not as long as it would have taken to unload from WDW's PotC after the boats backed up 9 deep.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom