What is most likely to be built between 7DMT and Avatar?

TalkingHead

No offence, while we may view a Kuka arm as amazing technology its been around much long then the targeting, and awareness system used in what you like to call a "glorified Wii". Its was cutting edge only in the fact this ride was the first ride to use it in a roller coaster, though I believe its not the first attraction to use a Kuka arm as the ride.

You can play Midway Mania at home with a Wii.

You can't get the sensation of FJ anywhere else but at IOA.

I don't have blinders on; I know which one is vastly more impressive.

TubaGeek

God bless the "Ignore" button.
That's my #1 complaint with the it as well, but compared to Transformers the story still makes a heck of a lot more sense. 5 minutes of noon-stop gunfire and being tossed from machine to machine doesn't exactly make a story either.

Some people like the nonstop action, but I'm with you on that one. I prefer to have a little more "beginning, middle, end" than offered. Though MY biggest complaint is the complete lack of physical, moving props. That's why I still prefer Spidey, there are things that actually *gasp* move!

Voxel

President of Progress City
You can play Midway Mania at home with a Wii.

You can't get the sensation of FJ anywhere else but at IOA.

I don't have blinders on; I know which one is vastly more impressive.

First off, I need to retract what I said early, FJ was not the first coaster to use a Kuka arm, in fact parks around the world have been using them. Number two I was talking about the ability to track 200 plus objects where they are and what their doing at the same time is impressive, because to do a ride they are doing more then and IR controller like the wii. Remember these words, "To know where you are you got to know where your not". If you where where they teach that then you know what I work in and know I am not making up bull.

@TalkingHead you could be a bit more respectable with the blinders comment. I have not done anything to show a preference towards either parks, so know need to prance around how you "better" then me.

Some people like the nonstop action, but I'm with you on that one. I prefer to have a little more "beginning, middle, end" than offered. Though MY biggest complaint is the complete lack of physical, moving props. That's why I still prefer Spidey, there are things that actually *gasp* move!
This is my biggest complaint with FJ. The Queue was so beautifully themed that the ride was a let down. I wish they continued this attention to detail..

But then again I should stop because this last few pages are for the most part off topic for the thread.

Last edited:

Disneyhead'71

That's my #1 complaint with the it as well, but compared to Transformers the story still makes a heck of a lot more sense. 5 minutes of non-stop gunfire and being tossed from machine to machine doesn't exactly make a story either.
Did you not pay attention to any of the stuff in the queue? Transformers story line is pretty well explained. I'm not sure what part of it confuses you. It's not that complex.

Bairstow

So the height requirement on Dragon Challenge and Hulk is, what 54"
What's the average age of kids reaching this height (with shoes)?
11?

Disneyhead'71

Mermaid has its issues and isn't an e-ticket (nor was it designed to be) but the main animatronics (Ariel, Scuttle, and especially Ursula) blow the socks off of anything Universal (or anyone else) has attempted to do. And the story (while abbreviated like all classic dark rides) is certainly more coherent than Transformers or FJ.

The main problem with the FLE is too good, E-Ticket facades and preshows placed in front of attractions that weren't designed to be e-tickets. Kind of an odd problem when you think about it.
The most impressive animatronic in the new kiddieland is that candelabra thing in that storytime meet and greet. I also think that Sebastian is darned impressive. As is The Sorting Hat in Forbidden Journey. Not really impressed with Ursala. And why does Ariel look monster baked?
I am pretty excited to see the Goblin AAs coming to Gringott's queue. They are rumored to be the most advanced AAs on the planet.

BUT, AAs are Disney's schtick while Universal's is advanced projection tech. Disney is worse at massive 3D combined with moving ride vehicles than Universal is at AAs.

kap91

Did you not pay attention to any of the stuff in the queue? Transformers story line is pretty well explained. I'm not sure what part of it confuses you. It's not that complex.

Sure the set up is simple enough --- but actually keeping track of whats going on during the ride --- it doesn't make a lot of sense, not entirely sure who's bad who's good, or where I am...FJ suffers from the same problem....You jump from location to location with different enemies every 3 seconds with no clear reason why or how you got there.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Conventional wisdom and recent evidence points to nothing major between Mine Train and Avatar. Maybe we'll get a cantina in DHS and/or an indoor Jedi Training location, but that's about it, and I wouldn't call either or both of them put together major.

Agree on this, Further with TDO's reluctance to spend money this is ALL I expect to see of SW at WDW

kap91

Disney is worse at massive 3D combined with moving ride vehicles than Universal is at AAs.

Has Disney even really tried doing that? Aside from Midway Mania which is clearly not an attempt to do that. Personally I hope they don't - I'd much rather stick with all sets, although I imagine Avatar if it involves moving vehicles will have plenty of projection.

And yes how could've I forgotten about Lumiere!?! Amazing figure...maybe because its in a meet and greet show vs a ride or real animatronic show.

Bairstow

Sure the set up is simple enough --- but actually keeping track of whats going on during the ride --- it doesn't make a lot of sense, not entirely sure who's bad who's good, or where I am...FJ suffers from the same problem....You jump from location to location with different enemies every 3 seconds with no clear reason why or how you got there.

Yep.
I think both assume (probably correctly) that most riders will already be intimately familiar with the stories of the properties on which the attractions are based. Still, it wouldn't have hurt the Forbidden Journey queue to spend a little bit more time hinting at the various dangers to later be encountered.

I would agree that the problem is worse for Transformers because it's so much more frenetic and the villains and heroes look exactly alike and move too fast for their size.

Voxel

Yep.
I think both assume (probably correctly) that most riders will already be intimately familiar with the stories of the properties on which the attractions are based.

For the most parts the rides are very similar to the Films, they skip around, and for some rides its perfectly fine in others not so much. Fast rides it's usually more acceptable to skip around to scene from scene.

kap91

Yep.
I think both assume (probably correctly) that most riders will already be intimately familiar with the stories of the properties on which the attractions are based.

I am intimately aware of the story of HP and it still barely makes any sense how you go from being in the astronomy tower to the forbidden forrest to the quidditch pitch ---why dementors happen to be there when they were only present in the 3rd book and the ride clearly takes place after those events --- how you somehow get from the pitch to the chamber of secrets and finally why everyone is applauding you at the end. The ride is a bunch of fun, extremely technically advanced, and high quality....but it doesn't make much sense at all - thats just how Universal likes to structure the story, or lack thereof, of their attractions these days. Simpsons and Transformers have the same issues though I will admit I am less familiar with both of those Universes.

Voxel

I am intimately aware of the story of HP and it still barely makes any sense how you go from being in the astronomy tower to the forbidden forrest to the quidditch pitch ---why dementors happen to be there when they were only present in the 3rd book and the ride clearly takes place after those events --- how you somehow get from the pitch to the chamber of secrets and finally why everyone is applauding you at the end. The ride is a bunch of fun, extremely technically advanced, and high quality....but it doesn't make much sense at all - thats just how Universal likes to structure the story, or lack thereof, of their attractions these days. Simpsons and Transformers have the same issues though I will admit I am less familiar with both of those Universes.

I went into FJ assuming that it was AU (Alternate Universe) which with rides you have to do sometimes, because sometimes their is no way you can do a ride that fits in to the story.

Disney is known to do this to.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Once again its More of the Investor's don't wanna give money to the parks then TDO. The investors have a strong dislike of the parks.

But the Street LOVED Enron, And Bernie Madoff was Chairman of NASDAQ, Tells you all you need to know about the so-called 'investors' on Wall St.

Disneyhead'71

I haven't done a poll, but I would think that most people think Transformers has an adequate amount of action.
I went into FJ assuming that it was AU (Alternate Universe) which with rides you have to do sometimes, because sometimes their is no way you can do a ride that fits in to the story.

Disney is known to do this to.
Conventional wisdom puts WWoHP between books 4 and 5.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom