What in Disney World gives you that infamous "Disney feeling"

MnWildFan06

I get that Disney feeling when:

I see Cinderella's Castle and walk down main street

When I see the walt disney world sign

Waiting in line for the tower of terror

Watching Fantasmic

Seeing the joy that Disney brings to families cant wait to have kids so i can experience it with them

Planning the Trip

Reading Kingdom Keepers i picked it up on our honeymoon is a neat book

EpcotGrl

That themed music! I hear it and I start dancing!!

...and then find that my companions are pretending they don't know me :lol:

disneytopdog

coming through the turnstiles at the MK looking up past the flower mickey bed and seeing the sign on the railroad station "MAGIC KINGDOM"

Getting off the monorail and hearing Zipedy doo da playing on the back ground music

irish_man

Seeing this view does it for me. I remember my wife and me going through that archway on our honeymoon, the feeling was only described as class. It still has the same effect 10 yrs on.

(photo by "bringbackmrtoad" from picture of the day thread)

wdwof1.jpg

doop

When I turn the corner onto Sunset Blvd. in MGM and see ToT in the distance that's the greatest feeling, also Frontierland, especially seeing Splash Mountain and BTMRR really make me say in my head "wow I'm in Disney World." All of the Disney parks just have a certain ambience, maybe it's a combination of the music, smells, and other sounds, but it is really like no other place in the world.

haveyoumetmark

I don't really want to be the grammar police here and I know it has been mentioned before, but I think a little webster is in order here:

Infamous
Main Entry: in·fa·mous
1 : having a reputation of the worst kind : notoriously evil <an infamous traitor>

:wave:

Oh, and I get the great WDW feeling as I pass through those main gates/arches on the roads in.

Rockin Roller

Probably when i turn the corner from the haunted mansion begin to splash mountain music and hear the screams of people coming down chickapin hill and see splash mountain i just stand there for a moment and take it in. thats when i realize im in heaven:D

KaliSplash

A whole host of things, but especially:

1. Getting in the car to leave.
2. Taking I-4 at Daytona Beach instead of continuing on I-95 to inlaws.
3. Exiting I-4 and seeing the first big entrance signs. By now, I'm probably rocking the car back and forth slightly in time to The Main Street Electrical Parade theme in the cd player.
4. Reaching the check-in kiosk at The Wilderness Lodge.
5. Hearing "Welcome Home," from the bell staff.
6. That burst of air conditioning as you walk through the huge doors.
7. Bouncing on the bed in the room.
8. Boarding the boat to the Magic Kingdom.
9. Hearing the train whistle in the distance.
10. Getting the first glimpse of the Castle from the water.
11. Clearing the tunnel under the train station. I'm very close to skipping now!
12. Etc.

cmatt

watching the fat ducks in mgm's car park moan at passers by and then walk out into the road.... (that was a highlight of the day for me anyway)

being in the rain whilst everyone else cowers in shops....

wedenterprises

Waiting for Illuminations to start....the atmosphere is great.

Also, wandering Frontierland at night.

Hearing the train whistle in the distance - also in Frontierland.

The gift shop and area just outside of Splash Mountain at night when it's still warm and humid but the park is empty, and you are on your way to ride Big Thunder....hearing the train once again etc.

monorailguy01

The best feeling for me is when I take the boat from the TTC to MK and you can see the Castle from a the distance. it makes me feel so different I can not explain it.

wdwmomof3

I must say that I get that feeling after we check in and head to the parks but as soon as I walk down Main Street, it hits me that we are really here.

Even better than that, watching Wishes with the kids just did it for me. It was the best!:king:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom