What in Disney World gives you that infamous "Disney feeling"

erasure fan1

That "Disney" feeling at:

Magic kingdom - As you enter splash mountain and start hearing the music.
Epcot - Walking by spaceship earth and the monorail passing by overhead.
MGM - The area in front of muppet vision by the fountain and the muppet music is playing.
Animal kingdom - Crossing the bridge going to africa and seeing everest in the distance.

I have so many I just picked my favorite from each park.

Chickapin Chick

Definitely riding Spaceship Earth. To me, that attraction represents WDW in its entirety. A vacation to the resort is utterly incomplete without it.

Now, this is in reference to the current state of Spaceship Earth. I'll get back to you after the upcoming refurbishment.

I have so many Disney feelings, but the ultimate disney feeling is when i'm in the car going under the main Walt Disney World sign.

Everytime we drive under that sign, a big smile seeps across my face!!
Me and my sister always clap the first time we go under it on our trip :)

eroyee

:wave: Going under the main walt disney world sign and then walking in to Main St. and seeing the castle. the morning "hello" show makes me tear up.......

Mikester71

I would have to agree with those who said driving under the Walt Disney World sign while coming in on the highway to some extent.

But I REALLY start to get that feeling when checking in at the resort (Pop Century for me). Just seeing all the Disney merchandise and being greeted with "Have a magical stay" by the desk person usually does it. And then while walking to the room, seeing all the people in the lines for the bus and the buses themselves.

Seeing Cinderella's Castle and walking down Main Street U.S.A. at MK and seeing SSE at Epcot for the first time on your trip are the clinchers though.:sohappy:

MR. DISNEY

We are DVC members and when I (after 24 Hrs. of driving and the auto train) pull into the Wilderness Lodge and the guard at the entrance says “Welcome Home.” :sohappy:

jesserin

I agree... checking in the hotel... it's that.. "I'm finally back home" feeling...

Btw... I'll be "back home" Sunday morning!!!! :sohappy:

sarabi

That moment when the plane lands and you start to feel the heat and humidity outside.

The smell of the disney water near splash mountain.

The Animal Kingdom music playing as you walk to the entrance.

Rome on Spaceship Earth.

The voice of the monorail... "please stand clear of the doors".

FutureWorld area music.

The purple and red signs along the roadways.

The hidden mickeys on the mousekeeping carts.

Cinderella1976

I get that "Disney Feeling" when:

The night before we leave and I finish packing our luggage and can't fall asleep

We board the Magical Express

We pull up to our resort (Grand Floridian) and check in

The walk down Main Street USA for the first time during our trip

Watching Wishes gets me everytime :cry:

Waking up every morning on our vacation and sitting on the balcony having a cup of coffee waiting for everyone to get ready to start our day

Joepic

"Por Favor Mantengase alejado de las puertas"

"Celebrate with Mickey Mouse!"

The smell of the monorails

Disney Road Signs!- Even if they're not Disney road signs, I love to see just a regular road sign pointing to the next exit that says "Disney World" ...you don't get to see that too many times.

Seeing the Disney buses!

Monorail Tracks

I could keep going on but the list might get too long.

Sadiebird

the morning "hello" show makes me tear up.......

I get choked up when they do that show too. I wonder what it is that causes that? I usually have to take a deep breath to make it go away.

We usually take the crack of dawn 6:30 am flight, which means we're up around 3:30 am to take showers and get ready to leave for the airport. It starts there and I'm overwhelmed with a happy glow from then on!

funkehouse

I will tell u all in september after my first visit. me and my girlfriend are super excited ,she has been before and my first time. used to work at Disneyland and have been hundreds of times, im excited to see the differences and the similarities. I hope the water at splash mountain has that same "Disney" smell !! and i hope the Churros are as good as they are in Cali !!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom