What in Disney World gives you that infamous "Disney feeling"

fizzle75

Wow, there are so many things that give me that "Disney Feeling" that I don't know if I can narrow it down...but I'll try. Here goes...

*When I first pass under the train station at MK and see the castle.

*Watching Wishes(especially when Tinkerbell comes down the zipline)

*Watching Mickey's Philharmagic

*Watching Fantasmic!

*Riding Splash Mountain

*Riding The Haunted Mansion

*Riding Pirates Of The Carribbean

*Seeing Spaceship Earth

*Seeing the Partners statue in front of the castle

*Almost everything about Animal Kingdom. I think Walt would be so proud.

*The amazing castmembers who truly care and go out of their way to add a little "extra magic"

*Any time I see Jimeny Cricket or hear his voice, he is the voice of Disney for me. I am still bummed that in four trips I still haven't had my picture made with him or even seen him in the parks for that matter.

*When I walk through "One Man's Dream"

*When I go to The Art of Disney or any of the other shop's that sell paintings and statues. It just reminds me that without the amazing characters(especially those created by Walt and his Nine Old Men)Disney would just be another blah themepark. The characters are the heart of the place, that's why I don't understand why so many people on these boards don't like characters in Epcot.

Ok, that's it! Does that narrow it down enough?:lol:

Nick Ray

This is a little off topic;

What we are talking about is that special "Disney Magic" feeling that you only get there.

I worked with an ex Disney cast member at my part time job here in Texas. I drove her nuts asking her Disney and Disney related questions.

One thing I did ask her was did she still get that "Disney Magic" feeling when she returns as a guest after working there for years. She said YES.

I know there are alot of current cast members that read these boards. Is she just a FREAK or do you guys still get "IT"

No she is not a freak at all... well unless I'm a freak too!! I get that feeling all the time. I have worked at WDW since 2003, and I've seen how the magic runs, I thought working there would also ruin the magic, but it didn't, I still feel like a little kid everytime I get my picture taken with Mickey... I get the Disney Magic still, and I know a lot of other CM's do too! I wouldnt call her a freak, I would just say a true Disney CM!

and just one more thing! Disney is the only job that I wake up in the morning with a smile on my face, and am ready to go to work... I love it there, and T - 15 days till I go back and work!

jimmyritt33

When I walk outside of Orlando Int'l Airport take a deep breath and get in my rental car (love the "new car" smell), jump on the Bee and head towards Disney, seeing all of the billboards. Oh yeah, and when I start seeing signs for International Drive.

DescentGate

I'll be honest, the smells do it for me... each and every attraction has that musty, yet friendly attraction smell which just shouts "DISNEY!"

:sohappy:

fizzle75

I'll be honest, the smells do it for me... each and every attraction has that musty, yet friendly attraction smell which just shouts "DISNEY!"

:sohappy:

I know EXACTLY what you're talking about!:lol:

I was gonna say the same thing but I didn't wanna sound like a total nutbar, now I know I'm not alone!:sohappy:

Craig & Lisa

That feeling comes about when we have finally finished all ressie's for our trip!! All we have to do is WAIT!!!:zipit: Which builds the feeling up even more. :D :D

DescentGate

I was gonna say the same thing but I didn't wanna sound like a total nutbar, now I know I'm not alone!:sohappy:

Don't think you are, haha... Yeah, I have no idea how they make that smell, but I sure do wish that they sold some of whatever it is. I'm sure it'd make a great christmas present. :xmas:

nankeldisney821

This is my first post!! I have been on here for months reading posts and finally decided to post.

I have to agree with the smell of places but most of all I have to go to the Polynesian every time I am in Disney and walk in the lobby and take a big sniff and take in the smell!

I also love the feeling when I see the buses and hear the monorail spiel..."please stand clear..."

I also love the feeling that I am going to get this trip in August, of driving from MA down to Fla. I get so excited when I get on Rte. 95 in MA. I have flown down the past 2 times but I am driving down again this year with my daughter for her 16th birthday and her best friend and my sister...a good old girls road trip!!:sohappy:

I also love the feeling I get when I walk under the tunnel into the MK and know that I am actually there. I get all choked up!

I love checking in to the Pop Century and taking the walk to our room and getting excited to know we are back again and to see where our room is this time, then taking that walk back to the food court and store to look around.

:)

paul436

As soon as I turn the corner onto mainstreet in the MK and set my eyes on the castle. This just does it for me every time! :)
Me too. I immediately revert to a 10 year old child again. I also have a long, lingering last look at the castle the last time I leave the MK at the end of my trip.

Alexx

I have 2, when i'm on the bus going to MK and then when you get closer to it and you see this ..
URL]

or when you walk down Main street for the first time when you get to magic kingdom.

Kristi Kay

Walking down Main Street USA. THe Smells, the music, the characters signing autographs, the cast members selling balloons, the happy people everywhere....aww it's a good feeling....

DonaldDuck34

For me it is walking down main street i really feel like i'm a little kid again walking down main street for the first time. I'm excited and nervous at the same time. I love it:D

• Right when I go through the main gate and I see the characters on each side!
  • When I see Tower of Terror
  • When I eat a Mickey's Premium
  • When I walk under and out onto Main Street USA
  • When I see Cinderella Castle

CX360

Well, it's far away from Disney World, but Disney helped coreograph it. The Dancing Leapfrog Fountains in Cleveland.

jiminy.cricket

Walking down Main Street USA. THe Smells, the music, the characters signing autographs, the cast members selling balloons, the happy people everywhere....aww it's a good feeling....

Oh...

I'm walkin' right down the middle of Main Street, U.S.A.
It's the heart of America, the heartbeat of a holidaaaaay!
The place was made with a magical plan
And just around the corner is a Fantasyland
I'm walkin' right down the middle of Main Street, U.S.A.!

Alexx

OH I HAVE ANOTHER ONE.

When you get to disney, when you go on your very first disney ride once you've got to the park.

sarabi

I wondered about this before I applied for the CP.

I think I'm a little late in responding, but having done my CP and been back twice, the answer is YES. I still get the disney feeling. In fact, sometimes I think it's even better because it feels like home too.

wdwCC

Putting things in the lockers under the train station, walking out, looking down main street and seeing the castle. sigh...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom