What in Disney World gives you that infamous "Disney feeling"

disneytopdog

This is a little off topic;

What we are talking about is that special "Disney Magic" feeling that you only get there.

I worked with an ex Disney cast member at my part time job here in Texas. I drove her nuts asking her Disney and Disney related questions.

One thing I did ask her was did she still get that "Disney Magic" feeling when she returns as a guest after working there for years. She said YES.

I know there are alot of current cast members that read these boards. Is she just a FREAK or do you guys still get "IT"

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
I don't really want to be the grammar police here and I know it has been mentioned before, but I think a little webster is in order here:

Infamous
Main Entry: in·fa·mous
1 : having a reputation of the worst kind : notoriously evil <an infamous traitor>

:wave:

Oh, and I get the great WDW feeling as I pass through those main gates/arches on the roads in.

Yesterday, December 7, 1941 - a date which will live in infamy - the United States of America was suddenly and deliberately attacked by naval and air forces of the Empire of Japan.

The United States was at peace with that nation and, at the solicitation of Japan, was still in conversation with its Government and its Emperor looking toward the maintenance of peace in the Pacific. Indeed, one hour after Japanese air squadrons had commenced bombing in Oahu, the Japanese Ambassador to the United States and his colleague delivered to the Secretary of State a formal reply to a recent American message. While this reply stated that it seemed useless to continue the existing diplomatic negotiations, it contained no threat or hint of war or armed attack.
It will be recorded that the distance of Hawaii from Japan makes it obvious that the attack was deliberately planned many days or even weeks ago. During the intervening time the Japanese Government has deliberately sought to deceive the United States by false statements and expressions of hope for continued peace.
The attack yesterday on the Hawaiian Islands has caused severe damage to American naval and military forces. Very many American lives have been lost. In addition American ships have been reported torpedoed on the high seas between San Francisco and Honolulu.
Yesterday the Japanese Government also launched an attack against Malaya. Last night Japanese forces attacked Hong Kong. Last night Japanese forces attacked Guam. Last night Japanese forces attacked the Philippine Islands. Last night the Japanese attacked Wake Island. This morning the Japanese attacked Midway Island.
Japan has, therefore, undertaken a surprise offensive extending throughout the Pacific area. The facts of yesterday speak for themselves. The people of the United States have already formed their opinions and well understand the implicationsto the very life and safety of our nation.
As Commander-in-Chief of the Army and Navy, I have directed that all measures be taken for our defense.
Always will we remember the character of the onslaught against us. No matter how long it may take us to overcome this premeditated invasion, the American people in their righteous might will win through to absolute victory.
I believe I interpret the will of the Congress and of the people when I assert that we will not only defend ourselves to the uttermost but will make very certain that this form of treachery shall never endanger us again.
Hostilities exist. There is no blinking at the fact that our people, our territory and our interests are in grave danger.
With confidence in our armed forces - with the unbounded determination of our people - we will gain the inevitable triumph - so help us God. I ask that the Congress declare that since the unprovoked and dastardly attack by Japan on Sunday, December seventh, a state of war has existed between the United States and the Japanese Empire.

From a reasonably famous FDR speech.

Disnut

For me it is just being there.:sohappy: Going though the gates, seeing the castle, watching the fireworks, and hearing the music. Love it and I can't get there enough.:cry:

BioCub

Magic Feeling

I get this jittery feeling in my stomach and get a little teary when i walk through the gate at Epcot and stop at the first fountain. The music that is playing is insiprational farfare very forward-looking star-trek type tumpets etc. I see the megaliths and the sphere... in the distance i can see the tops of glass pyramids... I am transported to the city of the future!!

Since1976

There's something about the Main Street and Fantasyland shops at night that makes me feel incredibly happy. I also get that Disney feeling when sitting down and having lunch at the Pinnochio Village Haus, while listening to
that sprightly yodel-y music.

justducky78

The voice of the monorail... "please stand clear of the doors".

There are so many - the humidity when you step off the plane at the airport, driving under the WDW welcome sign, checking-in, stepping onto mainstreet... but I REALLY get that "Disney feeling" when I'm on the monorail listening to that voice! By the way, whose voice is it now? It's a little different than the original voice, right?

3fordisney

Mine is walking down Main Street USA and seeing the castle. I also get the "Disney Feeling" as soon as we arrive on property and start seeing the purple signs. I know we have arrived!!! Wish I was there right now, even though I was just a week ago today:(

Lunamis

-Stepping out of the hotel room first thing in the morning on a day we go to the theme park. It's always warm and foggy and still I'm groggy because it's early.

-Next comes the monorail. It's not Disney until I hear "Por favor mantanganse alehado de las puertas"

-Walking (not running of course :p) over the bridge to Adventureland once they open it.

While there are many more those are my favorite. I associate Disney with early mornings and love every second.

head mouse

We went back in 2004. our first park was EPCOT, then MGM, but I neer really felt like I was at WDW untill we went to MK and I walked through the tunnels under the Main Street Station.

jiminy.cricket

For me, it's the Quaaludes
LOL!

I usually get that "infamous" Disney feeling after eating two Wet Burritos at Cantina de San Angel followed by a spin on Mission Space.
LMAO!

I have so many Disney feelings, but the ultimate disney feeling is when i'm in the car going under the main Walt Disney World sign.

Everytime we drive under that sign, a big smile seeps across my face!!
Me and my sister always clap the first time we go under it on our trip :)

I know! Every time we go under the sign I always have to put my arms up and cheer! It's like, "It's official!"

But tons of other things:

Humidity, warm weather, breeze, smells of sunscreen, trees, gasoline, food from outside, any sign that we are in the vicinity of Lake Buena Vista, the views of the hotels on Hotel Plaza Boulevard, even just talking about or planning for an upcoming trip (which sadly we don't really do anymore), Disney music, palm trees, going to Downtown Disney Marketplace the first night, as we have been since I was 7. And I love sunny mornings. Nothing is better than walking into a park at sunrise! I love sunrise in general; sunset is nostalgic somehow and occasionally depressing. But nighttime is exciting. Unfortunately, most CPs get later shifts, and on vacations my family usually sleeps in!

jiminy.cricket

This is a little off topic;

What we are talking about is that special "Disney Magic" feeling that you only get there.

I worked with an ex Disney cast member at my part time job here in Texas. I drove her nuts asking her Disney and Disney related questions.

One thing I did ask her was did she still get that "Disney Magic" feeling when she returns as a guest after working there for years. She said YES.

I know there are a lot of current cast members that read these boards. Is she just a FREAK or do you guys still get "IT"

I wondered about this before I applied for the CP. While I was there, I think I kind of lost it a little bit; not to the point of disliking it of course, but I lost the spark. I think that happens when I visit too often; and the whole time I had been trying to keep park visits to a minimum! I think I missed the grandness and anticipation because Disney became an everyday thing. I love parking the car and taking the tram to the monorail station! The excitement just builds.

And I guess since I got used to working there, I was never completely relaxed; it's like I could never get out of CM mode! Haha. I always felt like I had some expectations to live up to or someone was watching me. But my personality is a paranoid one; I stress and worry over almost anything. Anyway, to answer your question, for me it kinda faded for a while, but I never got the desire out of my system. I really want to return, especially since I had time to explore the whole place and have memories. And I think the spark returns when you return as a guest. I guess I just needed a little time away from Disney. If I ever return, I think I would want to work backstage or at a resort, or maybe have morning shifts! It would be hard to resist working on Main Street early in the morning, though!

I know some people feel they are creating the magic too. I felt like that too at times, but most of the time I felt like it was just a job. I think maybe other roles may be more conducive to magical moments with guests. I would really like to become "friends" with a Disney character, just for a day. I think that used to be part of Traditions :( . I always tried to make every guest's experience, magical, though. My dad always admired how hard it must be to work at Disney because CMs are always courteous and smiling, and have to stay on top of their game since some people save a lifetime to take that one vacation. I tried to emulate that and not mess up the vacation, but I just usually didn't feel that pixie dust, especially since I met a lot of cynical people and unmagical guests.

I guess that was a healthy dose of cynicism for me, though. That was a great question! I'm still pondering it as I have been ever since I got back. I'm trying to put things in perspective and analyze my whole experience with Disney because people would ask me why I loved Disney when I was younger. I always wondered why myself, so right now I'm trying to answer that question! Do I want to dedicate my life to this company? How do I really feel about it and why? I'm trying to take the realities of the workplace into account and relate to Disney on a level that goes deeper than the pure bliss I experienced as a guest.

cpeterstx

For me there are two distinct "Disney Feeling" moments:

1. Boarding the monorail or the ferry boat for the MK

2. Entering the Tiki Room (although I prefer the previous version)

For me, it just screams "I WANT TO LIVE/WORK HERE!!!"

Jenna

Oh my goodness where do I start.
My family think Im strange but when I think of the excitement of Disney I always think of the parking lot and boarding the tram. It adds that extra bit of excitement to your day and your not even in the park yet.

Tower of Terror-seeing it as soon as you near MGM and hearing the screams! Excitement overload

Seeing the castle for the first time on each trip <3

Standing at the top of the family raft ride in Blizzard beach and seeing MGM, AK and Epcot.

Hearing the roar of the wave in TL and listening to (and participating in) the screaming :D

So much more

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom