What If… Disney Parks Edition Game Thread

spacemt354

Chili's
Team Cassie - The Legend of Zelda: Kingdom of Hyrule

Starting off, the trip report concept for the presentation felt organic and downright fun. For instance, you all 'rode' on @tcool123 to the park? Interesting image that paints. Nevertheless, I think this team is hitting its stride in terms of teamwork which is nice to see as some who have been less active in previous rounds are gaining back some of their time. It'll be great to see this interaction continue into the future. Secondly, and this goes without saying at this point, but @MickeyWaffleCo. 's background music and frankly his leadership in this project held it together formulating what is presented in front of us.

The location choice in DHS as well as the map were both well serviced. Animation Courtyard is arguably the go-to spot for the next DHS expansion/overhaul so it's good to see that be used.

I liked the the Switch transition from Nintendo Studios into the Zelda land proper. I think this attribute is unique in that it represents more Nintendo properties, it continues the 'Studio' aspect of Hollywood Studios, and it also serves as a stylistic transition rather than an immediate jolt into Hyrule from Hollywood Boulevard. And as mentioned before, A Link Between Lands, the original background music, is fantastic and depending on what happens further into the competition may have already won the Imagineering Award for Music this year (it would have my vote at least)

The retail area is exquisite detailed to the point that while I would have appreciated some images, the descriptions do enough justice so I can visualize it. Jumping slightly ahead, the Temple of Time was one of the highlights for me as the Ocarina really ties the musical elements of the land together very well.

Hyrule: Monster Quest as the family coaster I think would represent DHS well as adding another thrill type attraction would continue its reputation as more of a 'teen' park. The remaining streetmosphere, ambiance, and dining options continue to immerse guests in this other worldly endeavor. Despite not knowing much about Zelda this feels more immersive to me than Galaxy's Edge whose IP I know much better.

Last but not least, Age of Calamity felt like a labor of love as the detail, images, and description painted a picture of a truly great E-ticket.

Creativity - 5/5 - The decision to focus mostly on one IP and immerse guests in it plus the trip report felt like such a wholesome way to present it.
Realism - 4/5 - While a bit packed (this felt like Pandora before budget cuts), I think most of this is within reason
Teamwork - 4.5/5 - Again goes back to how well newer folks integrated themselves and subbed out for other busier players
Presentation - 4/5 - Google docs was sufficient for this. Was definitely long and detailed enough, but could have subbed a few images for less text.

X-Factor - 5/5 - The music and trip report decision.

Total 22.5/25

spacemt354

Chili's
Team Wanda - Nintendo Land

Despite some of the time constraints this team had faced and some absent players due to vacation among other teams, I think this team has some elements of this project to build on going forward.

Like Cassie, Wanda decided to use Animation Courtyard for their location. And ironically, had an attraction called The Legend of Zelda: Kingdom Champions of Hyrule. There's only one explanation for this - @AceAstro has a cross-team alliance.

Segueing off of that, I did think the Zelda attraction along with the Yoshi's Storybook Voyage felt like true passion projects that were the two standout elements of the land. Moreover, @FigmentPigments 's concept art not only with the land map but also the tents was absolutely incredible! And the Mushroom Kingdom Carousel concept art - look at all those Yoshis! Really applaud this effort as it's something that's not easy especially hand drawn as it takes time and effort that should be rewarded. And lastly, as with the last few projects, the site is well crafted, neat, and easy to use. I think @montydysquith-navarro has perfected the 'Apple' site presentation - minimalism and clean.

Going forward I do hope that some of the players make a return to normal participation otherwise perhaps Tegan will make some accommodations on that front to help balance out the load.

For instance I think this set up and theme has a great opportunity for dining and retail. I can still remember a Paper Mario restaurant designed a few years ago that people really put their backs into and it turned out with an original menu and nuanced drinks that set it apart from the competition. All that said there's still many things to be proud of and look forward to.

Creativity - 4.5/5 - A nice mix of Nintendo properties and the tent concept was very well done!
Realism - 4/5 - I think most of this is conceivable
Teamwork - 3.5/5 - Can't go too high despite those who were active generally working very well together
Presentation - 4.5/5 - Well done all around
X-Factor - 5/5 - Figment's Art

Total: 21.5/25

*goes to show how close I felt this round all things considered. All teams fell within 1 point for me - well done!

DisneyFan32

In the Parks
Yes
b1bd28b2-c230-4f21-a93f-294222056b97-png.714192

Experience joy
The adventures begin at Disney's Hollywood Studios, where the colorful worlds of Nintendo have come to life!

Team Wanda
@Bryan_the_Imagineer | @Diplomacy Dog | @FigmentPigments | @Henry Mystic | @JokersWild | @montydysquith-navarro | @Mr. Tux | @TheOriginalTiki
presents...

Nintendoland

Reading Music:

I really love it. If Universal doesn't get Nintendo in this different timeline, but Disney can. Mickey can kick Minions's butt. Who cares Woody Woodpecker pays for Oswald the Lucky Rabbit for Disney steal Oswald back from Universal. But I really love Yoshi dark ride and Kirby ride. 10/10.

TheOriginalTiki

Not exactly having the best time here when our team is literally carrying dead weight who hasn't participated a single time since the game started. Really not trying to call out either the players or the judges here, but consistently having the weakest project because we literally don't have the numbers to do something better is really, really frustrating and is making me a bit disengaged from this. PLEASE fix this issue to some extent. I feel like at this point the two other teams are just on an entirely other level compared to us (no disrespect at all meant to my team mates who have been contributing. Ya'll are great, and I realize there's 1 or 2 people on our team who have had personal issues come up and I am NOT trying to single them out. Judges, you know who I'm talking about...)

spacemt354

Chili's
Not exactly having the best time here when our team is literally carrying dead weight who hasn't participated a single time since the game started. Really not trying to call out either the players or the judges here, but consistently having the weakest project because we literally don't have the numbers to do something better is really, really frustrating and is making me a bit disengaged from this. PLEASE fix this issue to some extent. I feel like at this point the two other teams are just on an entirely other level compared to us (no disrespect at all meant to my team mates who have been contributing. Ya'll are great, and I realize there's 1 or 2 people on our team who have had personal issues come up and I am NOT trying to single them out. Judges, you know who I'm talking about...)
As I mentioned in the review, the decision will most likely be rectified sooner than later. But ultimately that is up to @Tegan pilots a chicken to make that change.

Do be reassured that all 3 teams have had inactive players, which is expected with such a large cast. Wanda isn’t alone in that, but was hit hardest this round for various reasons. Despite that, given how close my scores are, Tegan could feel the complete opposite to me and flip the tables, so I think this response while understandable is a bit premature.

Tegan pilots a chicken

Sharpie Queen 💜
Premium Member
Original Poster
PROJECT 004

Welcome to Universe H201X89B… hope you packed your swimsuits!

IMG_5867.jpeg

Water parks have been part of Walt Disney World’s ticket offerings from almost the very beginning. Blizzard Beach, Typhoon Lagoon, and formerly River Country are (have been) wonderful additions to the Orlando properly.

These parks provide guests with a fun alternative and oftentimes a reprieve from the business of the main parks. So let’s do the same thing for one of the other Disney Resorts!

Your task will be to select one of the international Disney Resorts (Tokyo, Paris, Hong Kong, or Shanghai) and construct an entire, brand new water park to enhance that Resort!

This colossal task will have an equally colossal timetable to complete! This project is due on Saturday June 10th at 11:59pm WDW time!!

DisneyFan32

In the Parks
Yes
PROJECT 004

Welcome to Universe H201X89B… hope you packed your swimsuits!

View attachment 720589

Water parks have been part of Walt Disney World’s ticket offerings from almost the very beginning. Blizzard Beach, Typhoon Lagoon, and formerly River Country are (have been) wonderful additions to the Orlando properly.

These parks provide guests with a fun alternative and oftentimes a reprieve from the business of the main parks. So let’s do the same thing for one of the other Disney Resorts!

Your task will be to select one of the international Disney Resorts (Tokyo, Paris, Hong Kong, or Shanghai) and construct an entire, brand new water park to enhance that Resort!

This colossal task will have an equally colossal timetable to complete! This project is due on Saturday June 10th at 11:59pm WDW time!!
@Tegan pilots a chicken I hope my predicting for future project (Hopefully I'm in the game) is What if Hollywoodland opened at Disneyland in 1999? I'm thrill to make Toontown Transit with my team, and I'll help others for The Great Movie Ride, Baby Herman's Runaway Baby Buggy Ride, Dick Tracy's Crimestoppers, and Superstar Television.

Tegan pilots a chicken

Sharpie Queen 💜
Premium Member
Original Poster
My reviews are on their way.

Dear god y’all killed this prompt!! Like, you’ve all been crushing it this entire game so far. But seriously this last project just raised the bar in my opinion!! That goes for all three teams!! I loved each of these submissions and they each had their own uniqueness and personality that pulled me in and kept me smiling the entire time I read them!

So, thank you all!!! I seriously cannot wait to see what you come up with next!!

Also, I’m adding a prompt to the game because I can.

DisneyFan32

In the Parks
Yes
My reviews are on their way.

Dear god y’all killed this prompt!! Like, you’ve all been crushing it this entire game so far. But seriously this last project just raised the bar in my opinion!! That goes for all three teams!! I loved each of these submissions and they each had their own uniqueness and personality that pulled me in and kept me smiling the entire time I read them!

So, thank you all!!! I seriously cannot wait to see what you come up with next!!

Also, I’m adding a prompt to the game because I can.
I'm doing great as a guest judge reviewer. Hopefully I'll be added to the game soon....I'm doing great.

Tegan pilots a chicken

Sharpie Queen 💜
Premium Member
Original Poster
1A723461-C93E-4131-BDE2-0D5FC299316E.png

REVIEWS

So, I’m gonna be totally honest. What we have here are three projects that are all worthy of winning the round. This is one of the strongest rounds I’ve ever seen in any game. In that sense it reminds me of the Stanza VII from SA7 (The Pin).

My notes were lengthy. Too lengthy. Y’all don’t need me to simply recap the entirety of each project. So I’m going to attempt to keep this a bit concise. But seriously, this was AMAZING!!! And as your hostess, I am incredibly grateful and feel truly honored that so much creativity was invested into all three of these projects!!

TEAM LOKI - Nintendo Bay

Unfortunately I am currently restricted to my iPhone browser at this point. My OG iPad mini no longer functions and I do not have a MacBook at this time. But, I’m sure the map was awesome!

Immediately I was delighted by your choices of IP here. You chose to not lean incredibly heavy on Mario, which was a bold but ultimately creative decision…. (That’s gonna come up a lot here)….

Utilizing Wahu Island as a location to bring it all together made perfect sense. And the volcano naturally becomes a park icon. I love that!

Blooper Lagoon has a lovely atmosphere. I appreciate the specificity with which you selected water levels to theme the place. Thank you for including plant based options! I would dine here!

Am I missing the Pokémon Snap ride?? Like please let me know if I’m stupid but I looked and looked and didn’t see anything. Regardless, the Pokemart is a natural inclusion for a Nintendo land and works perfectly here.

The DK Bakery was a very unexpected but Funky decision! And it truly works. This called thinking outside the barrel!

I am obsessed with Kirby Pinball! First of all I love that you included Kirby and gave him such a major role in the land. But then going the extra mile of theming the ride after a spin off,.. this is madness and I love it!! Plus it’s an extremely well designed ride! The ride vehicles are adorable and I’m sure this would be a massive hit! Thank you for including the visual layout. The building would be quite long but it totally works! This is seriously such a fun addition and I would ride this multiple times per visit!

We have gotten what must be a record number of escape room style attractions during this game. But the Legend of Zelda franchise lends itself perfectly to that sort of experience. Love the concept art here and the addition of the peripheral definitely adds a unique layer of replay value to this attraction. Each puzzle is interesting and feels right at home here and I know this would instantly become a favorite.

Animal Crossing Marketplace is another one of those natural fits pulled right out of the video game itself. But it works perfectly to serve as the primary retail space for a Nintendo land. Some very interesting shop choices but honestly why not?! Imagine not staying on property and having to carry a Nintendo rug around the rest of your visit.

Yoshi to the Rescue is extremely cute! I really enjoyed the tributes to Super Mario 64 and Super Mario World. One thing,… I wasn’t actually sure what type of ride this is,.. but based on the write up it feels like a traditional story based dark ride with Toy Story Mania esque interactive elements? (Based on the location you chose,.. is this actually replacing TSMM?) Regardless I enjoyed it! DCA is short on all ages family friendly dark rides so this is a very welcome addition to the park’s attraction lineup! The interactive element is sure to make this very popular for repeat riding! Nice job!

Creativity: 5/5
Realism: 5/5
Presentation: 4/5
Teamwork: 5/5
X-factor: 4/5

Total: 23/25

TEAM CASSIE - Legend of Zelda: Kingdom of Hyrule

This! Presentation!

Omgggg. Okay I cannot recall another project that I’ve seen that was presented as a trip report. But it worked SO WELL!! Delivering the information this way gave this project an unparalleled level of authenticity!

Honestly the entire thing is just overflowing with personality and charm! This was an absolute joy to read! And the group photo!! Just, so wonderful!

Let me try and keep it short.

This introduction was one of the best I have ever read and entirely pulled me into this alternate world. Even though you didn’t need to, I appreciated the mentions of the other Nintendo attractions and such at the other WDW parks. METROID AT EPCOT?!?! 25/25!

Every little subtlety that reflected your in forum personalities was absolutely delightful! I’m not going to reference every single one, but omg I was dying at the breakfast quarrel between Cap and guinea pig!! Incredible world building!

Okay I need to know much more about this elevator transportation system!!

You reimagined the entirety of DHS here,… I’m…

That Studio arch is absolutely tremendous! The music is once again phenomenal and sets the mood so perfectly. I really appreciated the detailed maps of the land and each attraction. That helped me visualize everything even more, though your write up did an awesome job of that on its own as well. The retail section was mind blowing with its incredible level of detail! Paying in rupees and all the Ocarina related extras just bring this place to life.

Oh and there are rides too!

Monster Quest is like BTMRR chugged a case of Red Bull and binged the MCU in 38 minutes. What I mean is that it’s incredible in scope and in detail. Yet another suspended family coaster,… this is a theme I’m enjoying and it’s also making me want Disney to build a suspended family coaster.

Age of Calamity is a masterpiece. Both from a creative and technical standpoint, this is a deserving headliner. And the nature of your presentation saved it up for last! I loved the way everything was described and felt so natural and genuine. Not to mention the incredible theming!

And once again, I know I didn’t hardly touch on all the individual personality quirks on display throughout the presentation but trust me I loved every single one of them! So much charm!

Outstanding job!!

Creativity 5/5
Presentation: 5/5
X-factor: 5/5

Total: 25/25

TEAM WANDA - Nintendoland

“Experience Joy” - I’m sold.

Like already this is ridiculously adorable and I am all in! Let’s go! I wanna get emotional over cute stuff!

I. Love. This. Map!!!

Great choice replacing Animation Courtyard. And the Nintendo Land franchise itself works absolutely perfect as a location for all of this to take place. Plus it just looks so cool! While it may be simple, it’s incredibly charming!

Right away I noticed you included a “phase 2 expansion plot” - sometimes this is a sign of a team that either ran out of time or creativity, but not in this case! Honestly you have enough here to satisfy all the needs of being a theme park land and the expansion plot is actually a mark for realism!

I love the choices of franchises here! You didn’t focus much on Mario and instead have other characters the chance to shine. Bold but creatively rewarding choice!

Kirby’s Dream Glide is stupid cute. Like omg. You made a standard flat ride a top tier attraction with just a couple small details. The queue is basically a walkthrough attraction by itself. Having a spinner go in and out of a building is an awesome concept!!

Mushroom Kingdom Carousel is recklessly adorable! I truly adore the character choices here. They all make sense in universe and this would easily be a crowd pleaser for the whole family!

I am absolutely obsessed with Yoshi Storybook Villaige!!! From the Key West inspired architecture to the giant storybook, this is just pure charm right from the beginning. The “few, large rooms” design choice was the right one here. This feels almost like Journey Into Imagination in terms of how much there is to discover on each repeat ride. Yoshi’s Island is perfect for a theme park and you truly brought it to life here! Absolutely a labor of love.

I want to try every single treat available at the Animal Crossing Dessert Cafe! Wonderfully themed ideas here, and special nod to Yoshi’s Cookies.

Normally I wouldn’t get too excited by retail but Nintendoland Emporium is awesome! Each shop makes perfect sense and gives a few more franchises a chance to have place in the park. I’m especially into the Inkopolis Apparel store and also I love that Hyrule is hidden. That’s brilliant.

Incredible job!

Realism: 4/5

Total: 24/25

INCREDIBLE JOB to all of our teams!!!!!

JokersWild

View attachment 720896

REVIEWS

So, I’m gonna be totally honest. What we have here are three projects that are all worthy of winning the round. This is one of the strongest rounds I’ve ever seen in any game. In that sense it reminds me of the Stanza VII from SA7 (The Pin).

My notes were lengthy. Too lengthy. Y’all don’t need me to simply recap the entirety of each project. So I’m going to attempt to keep this a bit concise. But seriously, this was AMAZING!!! And as your hostess, I am incredibly grateful and feel truly honored that so much creativity was invested into all three of these projects!!

TEAM LOKI - Nintendo Bay

Unfortunately I am currently restricted to my iPhone browser at this point. My OG iPad mini no longer functions and I do not have a MacBook at this time. But, I’m sure the map was awesome!

Immediately I was delighted by your choices of IP here. You chose to not lean incredibly heavy on Mario, which was a bold but ultimately creative decision…. (That’s gonna come up a lot here)….

Utilizing Wahu Island as a location to bring it all together made perfect sense. And the volcano naturally becomes a park icon. I love that!

Blooper Lagoon has a lovely atmosphere. I appreciate the specificity with which you selected water levels to theme the place. Thank you for including plant based options! I would dine here!

Am I missing the Pokémon Snap ride?? Like please let me know if I’m stupid but I looked and looked and didn’t see anything. Regardless, the Pokemart is a natural inclusion for a Nintendo land and works perfectly here.

The DK Bakery was a very unexpected but Funky decision! And it truly works. This called thinking outside the barrel!

I am obsessed with Kirby Pinball! First of all I love that you included Kirby and gave him such a major role in the land. But then going the extra mile of theming the ride after a spin off,.. this is madness and I love it!! Plus it’s an extremely well designed ride! The ride vehicles are adorable and I’m sure this would be a massive hit! Thank you for including the visual layout. The building would be quite long but it totally works! This is seriously such a fun addition and I would ride this multiple times per visit!

We have gotten what must be a record number of escape room style attractions during this game. But the Legend of Zelda franchise lends itself perfectly to that sort of experience. Love the concept art here and the addition of the peripheral definitely adds a unique layer of replay value to this attraction. Each puzzle is interesting and feels right at home here and I know this would instantly become a favorite.

Animal Crossing Marketplace is another one of those natural fits pulled right out of the video game itself. But it works perfectly to serve as the primary retail space for a Nintendo land. Some very interesting shop choices but honestly why not?! Imagine not staying on property and having to carry a Nintendo rug around the rest of your visit.

Yoshi to the Rescue is extremely cute! I really enjoyed the tributes to Super Mario 64 and Super Mario World. One thing,… I wasn’t actually sure what type of ride this is,.. but based on the write up it feels like a traditional story based dark ride with Toy Story Mania esque interactive elements? (Based on the location you chose,.. is this actually replacing TSMM?) Regardless I enjoyed it! DCA is short on all ages family friendly dark rides so this is a very welcome addition to the park’s attraction lineup! The interactive element is sure to make this very popular for repeat riding! Nice job!

Presentation: 4/5
X-factor: 4/5

Total: 23/25

TEAM CASSIE - Legend of Zelda: Kingdom of Hyrule

This! Presentation!

Omgggg. Okay I cannot recall another project that I’ve seen that was presented as a trip report. But it worked SO WELL!! Delivering the information this way gave this project an unparalleled level of authenticity!

Honestly the entire thing is just overflowing with personality and charm! This was an absolute joy to read! And the group photo!! Just, so wonderful!

Let me try and keep it short.

This introduction was one of the best I have ever read and entirely pulled me into this alternate world. Even though you didn’t need to, I appreciated the mentions of the other Nintendo attractions and such at the other WDW parks. METROID AT EPCOT?!?! 25/25!

Every little subtlety that reflected your in forum personalities was absolutely delightful! I’m not going to reference every single one, but omg I was dying at the breakfast quarrel between Cap and guinea pig!! Incredible world building!

Okay I need to know much more about this elevator transportation system!!

You reimagined the entirety of DHS here,… I’m…

That Studio arch is absolutely tremendous! The music is once again phenomenal and sets the mood so perfectly. I really appreciated the detailed maps of the land and each attraction. That helped me visualize everything even more, though your write up did an awesome job of that on its own as well. The retail section was mind blowing with its incredible level of detail! Paying in rupees and all the Ocarina related extras just bring this place to life.

Oh and there are rides too!

Monster Quest is like BTMRR chugged a case of Red Bull and binged the MCU in 38 minutes. What I mean is that it’s incredible in scope and in detail. Yet another suspended family coaster,… this is a theme I’m enjoying and it’s also making me want Disney to build a suspended family coaster.

Age of Calamity is a masterpiece. Both from a creative and technical standpoint, this is a deserving headliner. And the nature of your presentation saved it up for last! I loved the way everything was described and felt so natural and genuine. Not to mention the incredible theming!

And once again, I know I didn’t hardly touch on all the individual personality quirks on display throughout the presentation but trust me I loved every single one of them! So much charm!

Outstanding job!!

Creativity 5/5

Total: 25/25

TEAM WANDA - Nintendoland

“Experience Joy” - I’m sold.

Like already this is ridiculously adorable and I am all in! Let’s go! I wanna get emotional over cute stuff!

I. Love. This. Map!!!

Great choice replacing Animation Courtyard. And the Nintendo Land franchise itself works absolutely perfect as a location for all of this to take place. Plus it just looks so cool! While it may be simple, it’s incredibly charming!

Right away I noticed you included a “phase 2 expansion plot” - sometimes this is a sign of a team that either ran out of time or creativity, but not in this case! Honestly you have enough here to satisfy all the needs of being a theme park land and the expansion plot is actually a mark for realism!

I love the choices of franchises here! You didn’t focus much on Mario and instead have other characters the chance to shine. Bold but creatively rewarding choice!

Kirby’s Dream Glide is stupid cute. Like omg. You made a standard flat ride a top tier attraction with just a couple small details. The queue is basically a walkthrough attraction by itself. Having a spinner go in and out of a building is an awesome concept!!

Mushroom Kingdom Carousel is recklessly adorable! I truly adore the character choices here. They all make sense in universe and this would easily be a crowd pleaser for the whole family!

I am absolutely obsessed with Yoshi Storybook Villaige!!! From the Key West inspired architecture to the giant storybook, this is just pure charm right from the beginning. The “few, large rooms” design choice was the right one here. This feels almost like Journey Into Imagination in terms of how much there is to discover on each repeat ride. Yoshi’s Island is perfect for a theme park and you truly brought it to life here! Absolutely a labor of love.

I want to try every single treat available at the Animal Crossing Dessert Cafe! Wonderfully themed ideas here, and special nod to Yoshi’s Cookies.

Normally I wouldn’t get too excited by retail but Nintendoland Emporium is awesome! Each shop makes perfect sense and gives a few more franchises a chance to have place in the park. I’m especially into the Inkopolis Apparel store and also I love that Hyrule is hidden. That’s brilliant.

Incredible job!

Realism: 4/5

Total: 24/25

INCREDIBLE JOB to all of our teams!!!!!
Hey sorry don't want to make this a thing, but did you miss our Zelda attraction? Totally cool if you don't have any feedback for it - I was just surprised to see it not mentioned at all in our review. In any event I really appreciate the feedback for our project!

Tegan pilots a chicken

Sharpie Queen 💜
Premium Member
Original Poster
Hey sorry don't want to make this a thing, but did you miss our Zelda attraction? Totally cool if you don't have any feedback for it - I was just surprised to see it not mentioned at all in our review. In any event I really appreciate the feedback for our project!
OHMYGOSH! So I didn’t miss it, I have my (handwritten) notes right here! I just accidentally skipped it when I was typing! I’m so sorry!!

I enjoyed it! Having a theater experience was an interesting choice, and I believe it was the only one of the round. Really unique attraction, good use of special effects, very descriptive queue and I enjoyed the little details like the loading being extra smooth with the double theaters and whatnot. I enjoyed it very much!

spacemt354

Chili's
This is the map and this is the google doc for Team Loki
1685769445688.png

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom