What I think...as of today...for now...

DisneyParksFan1

They need to hire some of us.

When you say that do you mean your "computer digital friends" or people on the forum. If the latter, then definitely, we've got people on here that are doing a better job than most in the business. Of course TDO won't approve most people's projects so they are to blame. Now, if it's the first option, then it's getting kind of annoying. -_-"

jt04

When you say that do you mean your "computer digital friends" or people on the forum. If the latter, then definitely, we've got people on here that are doing a better job than most in the business. Of course TDO won't approve most people's projects so they are to blame. Now, if it's the first option, then it's getting kind of annoying. -_-"

Oh, I see. You are anti-machine. I have heard of people like you. :rolleyes:

OK Gotta go. Please remember my tip jar.

(kidding Steve)

DisneyParksFan1

the mine cart ride actually for the first time has sparked my intrest in the FLE

While I have always been interested in the FLE, I think this Mine Cart makes it complete, as it was a bit lacking in the ride department. So I believe Circusland will be great, and for some reason, I keep thinking it will become its own land, not just another mini-land from the FLE. Since it takes up a large footprint, pretty much the entire East FLE. The forest theming I'm sure will be great as well. It'd be great looking beyond the castle walls and seeing all this greenery and trees with rocks and this greatly themed Mine entrance with a mountain or something like that.

RSoxNo1

"Possible" is not, and rarely is, the point.
That stuff is all armchair imagineering, which is mostly pointless unless you're playing Rollercoaster Tycoon.:lol:

Don't knock Rollercoaster Tycoon, it's a great game.

What else has Jacobson done? What are his pet projects that he oversaw?

Jacobson is a Senior Vice President, one of three at Imagineering along with Tony Baxter and Joe Rohde. There's a great photo of him below, taken from this article.

medium_jacobson2.jpg

Admittedly that photo is very old, but amusing nonetheless. He's worked on DHS, The Great Movie Ride, Buzz Lightyear, Tower of Terror, and the recent refurbishments to Hall of Presidents and Pirates of the Caribbean. If I'm not mistaken he was also in charge of Stitch's Great Escape.

BrerFrog

Jacobson is a Senior Vice President, one of three at Imagineering along with Tony Baxter and Joe Rohde. There's a great photo of him below, taken from this article.

Admittedly that photo is very old, but amusing nonetheless. He's worked on DHS, The Great Movie Ride, Buzz Lightyear, Tower of Terror, and the recent refurbishments to Hall of Presidents and Pirates of the Caribbean. If I'm not mistaken he was also in charge of Stitch's Great Escape.

That means he can't be any good.

Just kidding, anyone who has worked in ToT has extra credit in my book. :)

GenerationX

So, how are they going to do the M&Gs? Will the mine cars stop at various places where you hop out and get Snow White's autograph or will she just jump into the car with you?

Lee

Adventurer
Original Poster
Fully understand that, but brainstorming is fun. To make such a thread with the idea that baseless speculation would not ensue, especially here, is just silly.
Call me silly then.
The idea of the thread was to discuss what they are going to do, not what we want/wish they would do.
Armchair Imagineering I believe the forum is called....

Since they won't tell us what we are getting I make suggestions to see if they reject them. It's a 'process of elimination' strategy. Don't blame me it's the software. :king:
So...your software thinks that if it spits out a random, baseless, never-gonna-happen idea...and it doesn't happen....WDI has rejected it?
Sorry.
Imagineers don't even read the ride suggestions that show up here. They can't for legal reasons. They may (and do) pop in here to gauge the reaction to certain things, but will quickly run from any appearance of a ride concept or suggestion.

Anyhow, by the time we are discussing it here....99% of the time the desion has already been made weeks or months ago.

Tom

Beta Return
Fully understand that, but brainstorming is fun. To make such a thread with the idea that baseless speculation would not ensue, especially here, is just silly.

I was just answering your question - not forbidding anyone from brainstorming. You asked if jt04's statement was true, that the ride would be built underground. I simply said that it wasn't necessarily true, just an idea, in case you had thought someone with reliable sources had said it. I'm all for speculation, but just thought I was doing you a favor by answering your question :)

A little bit of magical theming will take care of that. Just place the ride's entrance on an elevated place, start the queue by going down some sort of mountain that hides the show building, and you have your underground ride. :D

I agree. Some or all of the ride should appear to take place in an underground mine, but some rolling through the woods, perhaps past a cottage where the witch is presenting the apple, would be a nice weave of environments.

Putting the actual ride itself underground, in its entirety, would be silly (and expensive, as others have said). On a related note, I'm not sure exactly where this area of land lies in relation to the tunnels.

A new aerial photo with the possible new layout would be helpful. I'm visual, and since the last blueprints that were leaked showed Dumbo up north, there TT is now, all I have to go by are the photos of the models.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Putting the actual ride itself underground, in its entirety, would be silly (and expensive, as others have said). On a related note, I'm not sure exactly where this area of land lies in relation to the tunnels.

Something I put together a while back for my own visual aid.
utilidor-1.gif

Lee

Adventurer
Original Poster
So, how are they going to do the M&Gs? Will the mine cars stop at various places where you hop out and get Snow White's autograph or will she just jump into the car with you?
What?:veryconfu
The M&Gs will have no interaction with a ride.

Is there any kind of timeline here to know approx when Juan and/ Lee can spill or an announcement will be made? This waiting is killing me :cry:
I pretty much just spilled all I had in this thread.

Don't knock Rollercoaster Tycoon, it's a great game.
I agree. I have all 3 versions.:D

Jacobson is a Senior Vice President, one of three at Imagineering along with Tony Baxter and Joe Rohde.
Jacobsen is pretty much in charge of all the WDI aspects of WDW, excpet for AK which is handled by Rohde (who is only a VP...no S)

Tom

Beta Return
Something I put together a while back for my own visual aid.
utilidor-1.gif

That.....is brilliant. While not perfect, since the map isn't to scale, it's very helpful. I used to actually have a paper copy of that map (got it on eBay about 10 years ago), but I've actually lost it (probably between college and apartment and house). I wonder if they've updated them since, or if they even print them anymore. I haven't seen a leaked copy of it since then.

Now, if someone could draw up FLE2.0 using an aerial photo and MS Paint, that would be great :lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom