What I think...as of today...for now...

jt04

Changing plans after announcement is not is a new thing.
See: Beastlie Kingdomme, Western River, Liberty Street, Edison Square, etc.

Yes but they were not announced with much hoopla and at premium ticket prices and then disseminated through the magic of the internet to much fanfare. But yeah, other than that, it is totally the same. :rolleyes:

muteki

OMG jt, why are you so in love with the M&G's? Honestly, everyone has said time and time again that the M&G's are dead, yet you still persist! Now, your saying that the Chateau should be a facade for the Mine Car Ride, how does that even make sense? Btw, Disney is allowed to change their minds, and they obviously have. Why must you go on and on when your obviously wrong? Boo hoo, things have changed since the D23 expo.

I don't understand why people mark grizz as a troll with all of jt's incessant ramblings. I've always admired your optimism jt, but just give it up.

I think that what I picture in my head as a mine car ride would look just as ridiculous in the area that it is being placed in as a mine car ride through a Chateau.

It is either going to look like a mine and be pretty out of place or look nothing like a mine and be irrelevant to the building it is housed in.

I am not totally against the idea behind the ride (though I am sad to see SWSA go) but placing this ride in Fantasyland is going to require a hefty amount of creative thinking to make it work with the surroundings. Too much rock work combined with the already rocky TLM next to it and you are going to start confusing Frontierland with Fantasyland.

jt04

I think that what I picture in my head as a mine car ride would look just as ridiculous in the area that it is being placed in as a mine car ride through a Chateau.

It is either going to look like a mine and be pretty out of place or look nothing like a mine and be irrelevant to the building it is housed in.

I was picturing the entrance to the mine train tunnel well removed from the Chateau. About half way to the millhouse. It wouldn't need a lot of theming just some nice signage. And since it is underground, it wouldn't need to be visible otherwise.

DisneyParksFan1

Hmm... So there WILL be a Potter-swatter at WDW? Just not FLE correct?

The Cindy show building was only big enough for a couple of matching show spaces.
The mine ride was one of Eric Jacobson's early concepts, and was designed to go in the Cindy/Aurora spot, where it's going now.

I thought he was cheap but wow, he really DID have something better than some M&G's. Him being in charge of the project.

muteki

I was picturing the entrance to the mine train tunnel well removed from the Chateau. About half way to the millhouse. It wouldn't need a lot of theming just some nice signage. And since it is underground, it wouldn't need to be visible otherwise.

They are going to put the ride underground? While thematic, that would take quite a bit of work (and be a first?) and I would think we would start seeing holes in the aerial photography by now, not dirt piled on top of it, as it currently stands.

djkidkaz

The Cindy show building was only big enough for a couple of matching show spaces.
The mine ride was one of Eric Jacobson's early concepts, and was designed to go in the Cindy/Aurora spot, where it's going now.

What else has Jacobson done? What are his pet projects that he oversaw?

jt04

They are going to put the ride underground? While thematic, that would take quite a bit of work (and be a first?) and I would think we would start seeing holes in the aerial photography by now, not dirt piled on top of it, as it currently stands.

I know it is a stretch but I think they should seriously think about it. The utilidors already prove these spaces can be created. But this really does have potter swatter potential. It could be AWESOME!

Tom

Beta Return

There is no fact in his "underground" statement. That idea simply evolved from within this thread.

However, it would make sense that it take place underground, since the dwarfs worked in a diamond mine. But to put an entire ride underground would be asking for trouble.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom