What I think...as of today...for now...

tsd15

Wow! This news about the Snow White Mine Ride is great! I remember when the blueprints with the M&Gs first came out and I was really disappointed this attraction wasn't in them. Now it seems we've come full circle from the rumors two years ago.

Does anyone know when we can expect an announcement or release of concept art? I'm dying to see what this thing will look like!

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
No. Not at all.

Closer. Maybe not as much merch sales, but it would come fairly close.

You're right on the merchandise sales, but of course I can visit my local Target for much of that stuff. But could you imagine an entire "land" during SW Weekends, or when the convention is in town? :D

Wilt Dasney

Changing plans after announcement is not is a new thing.
See: Beastlie Kingdomme, Western River, Liberty Street, Edison Square, etc.

Exactly. I've said it before, but until they see people lining up outside it, people shouldn't get too excited about a new attraction.

Yes but they were not announced with much hoopla and at premium ticket prices and then disseminated through the magic of the internet to much fanfare. But yeah, other than that, it is totally the same. :rolleyes:

The implication seems to be that because the internet exists, Disney shouldn't be allowed to operate the way they always have. Disney doesn't control what gets said in places like this, and shouldn't be faulted for changing their minds on a project just because the previous announcement got the message boards all lathered up. That's our problem, not theirs.

(I will say I agree that announcing it at a high-profile forum like D23 and then backtracking was bad form, and might be causing a little heartburn now. But once it gets online, it's out of their hands.)

Lee

Adventurer
Original Poster
Highly likely nothing would have been announced at D23 if the blueprints hadn't already leaked.
They weren't entirely ready for that...

GenerationX

One other question about the Dueling Dumbos: will they both spin clockwise, counter-clockwise, or one of each? I'm thinking if they're spinning in opposite directions, the force of the impact when the flying Dumbos collide will be lessened. Gears and physics and all.

jt04

Call me silly then.
The idea of the thread was to discuss what they are going to do, not what we want/wish they would do.
Armchair Imagineering I believe the forum is called....

So...your software thinks that if it spits out a random, baseless, never-gonna-happen idea...and it doesn't happen....WDI has rejected it?
Sorry.
Imagineers don't even read the ride suggestions that show up here. They can't for legal reasons. They may (and do) pop in here to gauge the reaction to certain things, but will quickly run from any appearance of a ride concept or suggestion.

Anyhow, by the time we are discussing it here....99% of the time the desion has already been made weeks or months ago.

Um, no. I am bouncing the ideas off our so-called insiders to see if they say that they are definitely not happening or if there is silence.

Exactly. I've said it before, but until they see people lining up outside it, people shouldn't get too excited about a new attraction.

The implication seems to be that because the internet exists, Disney shouldn't be allowed to operate the way they always have. Disney doesn't control what gets said in places like this, and shouldn't be faulted for changing their minds on a project just because the previous announcement got the message boards all lathered up. That's our problem, not theirs.

(I will say I agree that announcing it at a high-profile forum like D23 and then backtracking was bad form, and might be causing a little heartburn now. But once it gets online, it's out of their hands.)

Well we will have to agree to disagree on this view.

muteki

I was just answering your question - not forbidding anyone from brainstorming. You asked if jt04's statement was true, that the ride would be built underground. I simply said that it wasn't necessarily true, just an idea, in case you had thought someone with reliable sources had said it. I'm all for speculation, but just thought I was doing you a favor by answering your question :)

I agree. Some or all of the ride should appear to take place in an underground mine, but some rolling through the woods, perhaps past a cottage where the witch is presenting the apple, would be a nice weave of environments.

Putting the actual ride itself underground, in its entirety, would be silly (and expensive, as others have said). On a related note, I'm not sure exactly where this area of land lies in relation to the tunnels.

A new aerial photo with the possible new layout would be helpful. I'm visual, and since the last blueprints that were leaked showed Dumbo up north, there TT is now, all I have to go by are the photos of the models.

I was just as skeptical, no favors necessary :wave:. I doubt any section of the ride will underground, for aforementioned reasons. If it were true, you would be seeing signs of it already (see: TLM right beside it).

jt04

I was just as skeptical, no favors necessary. I doubt any section of the ride will underground, for aforementioned reasons. If it were true, you would be seeing signs of it already (see: TLM right beside it).

I thought Lee said only BatB, LM and Dumbo-rama were definites at this point. I think everything else is still being worked out.

_Scar

I thought Lee said only BatB, LM and Dumbo-rama were definites at this point. I think everything else is still being worked out.

Dumbo-rama? What are you talking about?

And everything but LM and BatB is subject to change, but I doubt it will again.

muteki

I see the blueprint leak and subsequent furor as a kind of favor to Disney. Normally they would pay boat loads for marketing research and study and the internet simply allows for the same process to occur at no cost, a faster pace, and more honest results. What Disney chooses to do with the data is up to them. However had they followed SOP and not reacted knee-jerkingly with the D23 expo, or kept it more vague, we wouldn't be in this situation. (the situation being: "Disney said we would get x, now we get y")

Had the blueprints not been leaked either, we also wouldn't be in this situation.

I fault Disney for allowing the leak in the first place, and the subsequent response. They didn't have to do anything, but they chose to announce it with all the hoopla they did. The internet and its methods and effects are simply a part of the ecosystem Disney does business in.

jt04

I see the blueprint leak and subsequent furor as a kind of favor to Disney. Normally they would pay boat loads for marketing research and study and the internet simply allows for the same process to occur at no cost, a faster pace, and more honest results. What Disney chooses to do with the data is up to them. However had they followed SOP and not reacted knee-jerkingly with the D23 expo, or kept it more vague, we wouldn't be in this situation.

Had the blueprints not been leaked either, we also wouldn't be in this situation.

I fault Disney for allowing the leak in the first place, and the subsequent response. They didn't have to do anything, but they chose to announce it with all the hoopla they did. The internet and its methods and effects are simply a part of the ecosystem Disney does business in.

Are they going to add more details next month at the D23? I hope so. The FLE needs something more I think. It just seems to have lost it's symmetry now for lack of a better word. They have to be holding something back.

muteki

Are they going to add more details next month at the D23? I hope so. The FLE needs something more I think. It just seems to have lost it's symmetry now for lack of a better word. They have to be holding something back.

I think ultimately we are in a better place than we were prior to the change, the only apparent change is now we get what could possibly be SWSA 2.0 as a trade in for the original, PH, and a couple M&Gs. I am fine with that as long as something meaningful ends up in the former SWSA location, and they finally pick somewhere permanent and appropriate for the Princess M&Gs (ie not a tent, not an old ride queue, not a skyway station with a different sign out front).

I think the "working out" is a good ways along. Staggs comments to the media regarding the changes couldn't (or at least, shouldn't) have been made if they were not well along into this rework process. There is quite a degree of lag there methinks. The cost associated with changing your mind with the site already in construction rises exponentially with time. Plus, it would contradict the whole presentation Jack Blitch made recently about their design process.

jt04

So let us summerize.....

Lee hated Pixie Hollow so they got rid of that.
Lee hated the Aurora m&g so they got rid of that.
Lee hated the Cinderella m&g so they got rid of that.
Lee hated Cindy's chateau so they got rid of that.
Lee hates princess m&g's so they are being exiled to the skyway station.
Lee demanded a fan-boy friendly ride so they added a dwarves mine train.

They are removing SWSA because they can't duplicate Lee's fanboy ride.
They are building Circus City starring Dumbo-rama because they used up their budget making Lee happy with the FLE and have to settle.

They are keeping BatB because Lee likes to eat.
And they are building Mermaid as a scaled back clone of the DCA version so Lee can say he was right about TDO being cheap.

Lee has power folks. Big time power. I think Lee is really Staggs.

JustInTime

So let us summerize.....

They are building Circus City starring Dumbo-rama because they used up their budget making Lee happy with the FLE and have to settle.

And they are building Mermaid as a scaled back clone of the DCA version so Lee can say he was right about TDO being cheap.

How are they scaling back Little Mermaid? What are they cutting? I think our exterior will be way nicer, unless that is what gets cut. :shrug:

juan

So let us summerize.....

do you think before you type? or does it all just come out like this :hurl::hurl::hurl:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom