What I think...as of today...for now...

jt04

There is no fact in his "underground" statement. That idea simply evolved from within this thread.

However, it would make sense that it take place underground, since the dwarfs worked in a diamond mine. But to put an entire ride underground would be asking for trouble.

Disagree.

Utilidors have been around for 40 years plus. And technology has certainly evolved. Look at me for example.

TP2000

Well Lee has been saying it might be a mix of the old dark ride and the roller coaster part assumedly would happen during the journey through the Dwarf's mine. So the exterior possible could resemble DL's dark ride facade with the German castle look.

Snow White's ride has a pretty forboding facade at Disneyland, that's for sure.
disneyland2.jpg
cali_83facade1.jpg

But I would think they would do something with the dwarves cottage, with a mine entrance just beyond instead of recreating the wicked queens residence. I doubt the wicked queen would play much into the plot of a mine car coaster anyway.

Heck, if they use the digital projection technology they just installed in the Snow White ride at Disneyland this summer, this ride could be a real nifty addition to Fantasyland. Much of the thrills could come from the mood and the imagery used with the junior coaster ride system.

DisneyParksFan1

Yeaaaah, it's perfect for DL. Great idea!

Was that sarcasm?

But I would think they would do something with the dwarves cottage, with a mine entrance just beyond instead of recreating the wicked queens residence. I doubt the wicked queen would play much into the plot of a mine car coaster anyway.

Heck, if they use the digital projection technology they just installed in the Snow White ride at Disneyland this summer, this ride could be a real nifty addition to Fantasyland. Much of the thrills could come from the mood and the imagery used with the junior coaster ride system.

That'd be great. I cannot wait until this finally happens. I mean the whole mine cart part is a dead giveaway that it's SW themed, not just that, but the fact that SW may leave gives it away as well.

This should be a great dark ride. It could even end up putting Eric Jacobson a step closer to the spotlight.

I just think that they should relocate Snow White. Although, raven I believe mentioned that the princesses will move to a place very controversial(SWSA), but then will move back to their respective M&G's. But once they do, what will be placed in the controversial area, (SWSA) will be better than what was their originally. Am I correct?

Krack

I know it is a stretch but I think they should seriously think about it. The utilidors already prove these spaces can be created. But this really does have potter swatter potential. It could be AWESOME!

Why do you constantly insist upon something that's not going to happen? I spend most of my time trying to ignore your posts, and occassionally I read one by accident and have a hearty laugh, but why would you flood a thread with some delusional concept while the rest of the message board mocks you? It's the sign of a behavioral disorder.

I could even, kinda, possibly see doing it if you thought it was funny, but as far as I can tell, you don't think it's funny (and nobody else thinks it's funny). At best it is annoying and at worst it is frustrating because it amounts to purposefully creating misinformation (through sheer volume) that the rest of the board has to continuously correct when it's mentioned and questioned by others.

There will be no Sleeping Beauty extended M&G. It's not going to be part of the Mine Coaster. The Mine Coaster is not being built at the utilidors level. Why pretend otherwise?

DisneyParksFan1

Yes and no. I mean if they want Dumboland I think the generous thing to do is send it to them.

No one said they wanted it, I simply said that maybe they are reviving it for the east side of FLE. And by the models and art that was released (IDK where it was) it seemed really neat.

jt04

disneyland2.jpg
cali_83facade1.jpg

I just thought of something. They could do a forced perspective chateau similar to beast castle on the top of the show building. Then a standard m&g nearby. That is as much as I'm willing to compromise. :cool:

DisneyParksFan1

As usual we get handed down their rejects. Hate that!

I will agree with you on that. But wasn't this whole expansion thing original? Well, except the Dueling Dumbos, the Cindy Transformation effect, and TLM, but other than that, it was original. I still say they should pay a bit more attention to the park that's making more money here but oh well, let's not get into that.

muteki

There is no fact in his "underground" statement. That idea simply evolved from within this thread.

However, it would make sense that it take place underground, since the dwarfs worked in a diamond mine. But to put an entire ride underground would be asking for trouble.

Fully understand that, but brainstorming is fun. To make such a thread with the idea that baseless speculation would not ensue, especially here, is just silly.

I know it is a stretch but I think they should seriously think about it. The utilidors already prove these spaces can be created. But this really does have potter swatter potential. It could be AWESOME!

I agree it would be awesome, and possibly a best-case-scenario for this project. But deciding to put any given attraction underground is an easy way to quadruple your cost.

I am leaning more towards the "ride having little relevance to the building it is in" option, as far as what I would prefer. Only problem with that is, that the 8 year old boys Scaggs is so concerned with will likely bypass the purple chateau with a ride in it. (or really, anything that would fit in the area, and to do so, it kinda has to be "girly"). The only other option off the top of my head would be to surround whatever area it is housed in with trees, as it is supposed to be a forest after all. I don't know why you would want outdoor sections though, as mines typically (at least as they are portrayed in the film) seldom have them.

jt04

Why do you constantly insist upon something that's not going to happen? I spend most of my time trying to ignore your posts, and occassionally I read one by accident and have a hearty laugh, but why would you flood a thread with some delusional concept while the rest of the message board mocks you? It's the sign of a behavioral disorder.

I could even, kinda, possibly see doing it if you thought it was funny, but as far as I can tell, you don't think it's funny (and nobody else thinks it's funny). At best it is annoying and at worst it is frustrating because it amounts to purposefully creating misinformation (through sheer volume) that the rest of the board has to continuously correct when it's mentioned and questioned by others.

There will be no Sleeping Beauty extended M&G. It's not going to be part of the Mine Coaster. The Mine Coaster is not being built at the utilidors level. Why pretend otherwise?

Since they won't tell us what we are getting I make suggestions to see if they reject them. It's a 'process of elimination' strategy. Don't blame me it's the software. :king:

BrerFrog

A little bit of magical theming will take care of that. Just place the ride's entrance on an elevated place, start the queue by going down some sort of mountain that hides the show building, and you have your underground ride. :D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom