What I think...as of today...for now...

jt04

So let us summerize.....

Juan hated Pixie Hollow so they got rid of that.
Juan hated the Aurora m&g so they got rid of that.
Juan hated the Cinderella m&g so they got rid of that.
Juan hated Cindy's chateau so they got rid of that.
Juan hates princess m&g's so they are being exiled to the skyway station.
Juan demanded a fan-boy friendly ride so they added a dwarves mine train.

They are removing SWSA because they can't duplicate Juan's fanboy ride.
They are building Circus City starring Dumbo-rama because they used up their budget making Juan happy with the FLE and have to settle.

They are keeping BatB because Juan likes to eat.
And they are building Mermaid as a scaled back clone of the DCA version so Juan can say he was right about TDO being cheap.

Juan has power folks. Big time power. I think Juan is really Staggs.

Fixed

do you think before you type? or does it all just come out like this :hurl::hurl::hurl:

I think I made the point.

RSoxNo1

Highly likely nothing would have been announced at D23 if the blueprints hadn't already leaked.
They weren't entirely ready for that...

I asked Jim Hill about this on our show a month or so ago. He didn't really have an answer to that (Would they have made the announcement at D23 had the blueprints not been leaked). It does seem that Rasulo was pushing pretty hard for this though, so if not D23 would it have been at the event at WDW in February 2010?

So let us summerize.....

Lee hated Pixie Hollow so they got rid of that.
Lee hated the Aurora m&g so they got rid of that.
Lee hated the Cinderella m&g so they got rid of that.
Lee hated Cindy's chateau so they got rid of that.
Lee hates princess m&g's so they are being exiled to the skyway station.
Lee demanded a fan-boy friendly ride so they added a dwarves mine train.

They are removing SWSA because they can't duplicate Lee's fanboy ride.
They are building Circus City starring Dumbo-rama because they used up their budget making Lee happy with the FLE and have to settle.

They are keeping BatB because Lee likes to eat.
And they are building Mermaid as a scaled back clone of the DCA version so Lee can say he was right about TDO being cheap.

Lee has power folks. Big time power. I think Lee is really Staggs.

Lee, any chance you can demand some love for the Animal Kingdom?

docnabox

To everyone concerned regarding theming and the look, I am sure this is going to fit in just great. I think everyone hears mine coaster and automatically thinks BTMRR but in reality, and I say this after not having seen the movie in a while, the dwarves mine was in the forest as well and I doubt we will see it as a massive mountain of rock. Probably, it will be a hilly mound with flowers and boulders and tall conifers. I could see them including some veins of exposed gemtsones (the dwarves mined for gems, not ore) and maybe some of them might even light up, shimmer and twinkle at night. Dopey had a wheelbarrow full at one point and that might be a nice touch at the entrance to the ride. There was a stream in the movie so I be we might see that and maybe a small waterfall cascading down. I expect the inclusion of some of their mining tools and equipment on the exterior as well. I actually expect them to include their cottage on one end, either as the entrance to the ride or possibly as a gift shop at the end (they could even include a meet and greet with the dwarves in it if they wanted to and for people concerned about the loss of those.) I would be surprised if they don't include the fallen tree they all iconically marched over in the movie as they were going home also.

One thing that has come up several times is about recreating SWSA in the new ride. While I am sure that will not happen, if they do get rid of that attraction, I am sure this ride will at least recreate some of the scenes from the story along the way and probably do so more spectacularly. This is going to be the sole representation of Snow White in the park now and so I suspect they will want it to tell at least part of the story.

And as for the scope of the attraction, I just hope everyone does not get their hopes up too high in regard to the scale. I have heard comparisons to POTC and I think that is setting the whole thing up for failure from the get go. I don't see how it can be of that magnitude without a change in budget. That said, I think this will be a great addition, something unseen in other parks and totally unique for now.

One question I have though in that regard is just how big we are takling. Is there anyone out there that can give me a better idea as to just how big this might be. Obviously, I am not expecting specifics at this point but I have looks at the previous renderings and blueprints and have had a bit of difficulty conceptualizing the overall space. Any of you guys that are so good with map overlays and such had a chance to make something up that might give us an idea?

Thanks for listening and looking forward to more discussion and exchange of ideas.

ryno1982

jto4, let me summarize for you, on behalf of just about everyone on WDWmagic and the internets in general. Lee is an insider. You are an idiot. Please leave now and take your FAIL with you.

muteki

One question I have though in that regard is just how big we are takling. Is there anyone out there that can give me a better idea as to just how big this might be. Obviously, I am not expecting specifics at this point but I have looks at the previous renderings and blueprints and have had a bit of difficulty conceptualizing the overall space. Any of you guys that are so good with map overlays and such had a chance to make something up that might give us an idea?

Thanks for listening and looking forward to more discussion and exchange of ideas.

Take a look at the the last page of the most recent over the wall thread, there are a few overlays/aerials there. What is up for grabs I believe is the area formerly occupied by the Chateau between TLM/Pooh. Judging solely on the latest pictures the available space would be similar in size to TLM as it looks now.

JustInTime

How much are they scaling back Little Mermaid? What are they cutting? I think our exterior will be way nicer, unless that is what gets cut. I was really hoping to be blown away by the ride. Any details?

jt04

jto4, let me summarize for you, on behalf of just about everyone on WDWmagic and the internets in general. Lee is an insider. You are an idiot. Please leave now and take your FAIL with you.

If everything we are hearing is true the FLE is on the cusp of failing. I'm just a concerned guest/investor/fan.

Something is wrong with the story being spun here. Big time wrong. And I think Steve and Disney's silence on it is deafening. So be careful who you call out because you could end up looking a bit foolish. :wave:

docnabox

Take a look at the the last page of the most recent over the wall thread, there are a few overlays/aerials there. What is up for grabs I believe is the area formerly occupied by the Chateau between TLM/Pooh. Judging solely on the latest pictures the available space would be similar in size to TLM as it looks now.

Thanks for the tip!:sohappy:

imagineer boy

So let us summerize.....

Lee hated Pixie Hollow so they got rid of that.
Lee hated the Aurora m&g so they got rid of that.
Lee hated the Cinderella m&g so they got rid of that.
Lee hated Cindy's chateau so they got rid of that.
Lee hates princess m&g's so they are being exiled to the skyway station.
Lee demanded a fan-boy friendly ride so they added a dwarves mine train.

They are removing SWSA because they can't duplicate Lee's fanboy ride.
They are building Circus City starring Dumbo-rama because they used up their budget making Lee happy with the FLE and have to settle.

They are keeping BatB because Lee likes to eat.
And they are building Mermaid as a scaled back clone of the DCA version so Lee can say he was right about TDO being cheap.

Lee has power folks. Big time power. I think Lee is really Staggs.

One can only wish Lee has that much power. :lol:

Agreed. And let's sing this while he's on the way out (skip to 0:53)!

muteki

How much are they scaling back Little Mermaid? What are they cutting? I think our exterior will be way nicer, unless that is what gets cut. I was really hoping to be blown away by the ride. Any details?

I thought that was just speculation. From overhead shots comparing both the DCA and WDW site they are near identical in size.

wickedsoccer22

To everyone concerned regarding theming and the look, I am sure this is going to fit in just great. I think everyone hears mine coaster and automatically thinks BTMRR but in reality, and I say this after not having seen the movie in a while, the dwarves mine was in the forest as well and I doubt we will see it as a massive mountain of rock. Probably, it will be a hilly mound with flowers and boulders and tall conifers. I could see them including some veins of exposed gemtsones (the dwarves mined for gems, not ore) and maybe some of them might even light up, shimmer and twinkle at night. Dopey had a wheelbarrow full at one point and that might be a nice touch at the entrance to the ride. There was a stream in the movie so I be we might see that and maybe a small waterfall cascading down. I expect the inclusion of some of their mining tools and equipment on the exterior as well. I actually expect them to include their cottage on one end, either as the entrance to the ride or possibly as a gift shop at the end (they could even include a meet and greet with the dwarves in it if they wanted to and for people concerned about the loss of those.) I would be surprised if they don't include the fallen tree they all iconically marched over in the movie as they were going home also.

That would look nice. Great visuals you gave there. Hopefully its something similar.

jt04

I thought that was just speculation. From overhead shots comparing both the DCA and WDW site they are near identical in size.

Dude it was a joke. :ROFLOL:

TDO is not scaling back anything including the m&g's. They couldn't if they wanted to anyway.

jt04

i think he's referring to himself in entirety

It is amazing how you or Lee is always here monitoring and propping up your story. Just waiting to attack anyone who contradicts you. Why the obsession with whether folks believe it or not? 24/7 always keeping the story spun up.

Odd that.

BriEcho3194

I just thought of something. They could do a forced perspective chateau similar to beast castle on the top of the show building. Then a standard m&g nearby. That is as much as I'm willing to compromise. :cool:

I kinda think that the Chateau is dead. Like I mean it was a cool Idea but the new Snow white mine theme would just throw it off. That's really what I think

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom