What I think...as of today...for now...

RSoxNo1

Because after all, the only frontier this nation ever knew was the Old West.....:rolleyes:

Tom Sawyer lived in Missouri during the 1830's. Definately considered the west(west of the mississippi).

But I still don't have a problem with Splash Mountain in frontierland.

Liberty Square to Frontierland is meant to be change in location not a change in time period. The Haunted Mansion and Columbia Harbor House are supposed to be from New England. The change in pathway near Diamond Horshoe/Advland restrooms is meant to symbolize the Mississippi River.
Keeping this in mind and comparing it to this picture, the attractions fit roughly in their park locations as they move across the country.
LS-FrtrL-AdvL.jpg

I don't find things that far out of place.:shrug:
I do agree that the location for Splash could be a bit better, but I don't see it as that big of a deal. (I know BTMRR should be a tad closer to Utah)

Next time you're in Liberty Square start looking at the buildings and the numbers on the buildings. They represent dates in history, not just random numbers. As you move up the main drag towards Splash Mountain time passes. Then if you continue the path towards Thunder Mountain the chronology is interrupted by Splash Mountain being out of chronological order.

I just have one question...

Is jt04 a Vogon?

He'd have to write us some poetry for us to know for sure.

Beyond the clowns, which are annoying anyway, I really don't care for the entire circus theme. Most kids have never seen Dumbo and circuses are out of favor (thankfully) so you're not giving kids something they can really identify with. I don't see the point.

I am glad to hear that PH has been scrapped and I'd love for Snow White themed ride.

imagineer boy

Beyond the clowns, which are annoying anyway, I really don't care for the entire circus theme. Most kids have never seen Dumbo and circuses are out of favor (thankfully) so you're not giving kids something they can really identify with. I don't see the point.

I am glad to hear that PH has been scrapped and I'd love for Snow White themed ride.

What planet do you live on?! :veryconfu

GOOfy45

Banned

The clowns could add for a more adreanline rushing white knuckle experience. Dont you want to have the feeling of being rushed into the action clowns will be FL's Alien Encounter.

lownalo

I wonder what kind of backlash, if any, will happen when the majority of people find out SWSA is going to be gonzo. I may not be that saddened that its going away, but I know many who really love the ride.

Wilt Dasney

What planet do you live on?! :veryconfu

You really think most kids today have seen a nearly 70-year-old animated film beginning to end? I seriously doubt it, especially since Dumbo isn't one of Disney's more heavily-promoted films. The only place you ever see him is in the spinner ride — or the fireworks if you go to Disneyland.

aladdin2007

I wonder what kind of backlash, if any, will happen when the majority of people find out SWSA is going to be gonzo. I may not be that saddened that its going away, but I know many who really love the ride.

Its not for certain just yet, per Lees update: Update:
It has been pointed out to me that the possibility exists that SWSA may remain. In that scenario, the Princi would move to Expo Hall temporarily until a permanent home at Skyway is ready.
I'm trying to balance that with the SWSA info, which seems pretty solid.

Keep both possibilities in mind.

juan

Next time you're in Liberty Square start looking at the buildings and the numbers on the buildings. They represent dates in history, not just random numbers. As you move up the main drag towards Splash Mountain time passes. Then if you continue the path towards Thunder Mountain the chronology is interrupted by Splash Mountain being out of chronological order.

That's true, but that's because America's expansion west followed that timeline.
If I'm not mistaken, its the Imagineering Field Guide to the MK that goes into a bunch of detail on this. I do remember the pathway right about about the fort that is now occupied by the DVC stand (it's wavy gravel cement) represents the Mississippi.
So all of the architecture is a bit of both. Chronologically, Splash doesn't fit; geographically, it's rather close.

Disneyson 1

Chronologically, Splash is a ride about talking animals inside of a giant mountain flooded by two beavers. I don't quite remember that one in the textbook...

C'mon, guys, the MAGIC kingdom!

And the chronology and "geography" of Liberty Square/Fronteirland is very facinating, may I add!

lownalo

Its not for certain just yet, per Lees update: Update:
It has been pointed out to me that the possibility exists that SWSA may remain. In that scenario, the Princi would move to Expo Hall temporarily until a permanent home at Skyway is ready.
I'm trying to balance that with the SWSA info, which seems pretty solid.

Keep both possibilities in mind.

True, but from what I understand from Lee's posting is that the current idea is to close SWSA but there is still a possibility that it won't.

po1998

I am thrilled that coloring b-day cards with Cindy and dancing with Aurora(or is it the other way around :ROFLOL: ) are OUT.

I have felt all along that there was a happy medium between the circus tent M&G's that exist now and the elaborate M&G's that were announced last year.

Hopefully this will make for a much more balanced FLE.
:sohappy:

NX2I85

First, a huge "thank you" to Lee for publishing what he knows at this point. Posts like this are what make this site great.

Next, I like pretty much all I read in the OP! Emphasizing the circus theme a bit more will be a hit with the very young demographic, and some of the older folks as well. Nothing wrong with that, especially in Fantasyland.

So glad to hear the Snow White Mine Coaster/Ride seems like it might happen! I like the idea, and now will anxiously await details.

One thing though, I do wish there was some way to save SWSA. I know its not the most well-conceived ride, but I personally always enjoy it. It would be great to see it replaced by another dark ride (if indeed it must go), but I am taking away from Lee's post that such a move would be a much later phase.

Anyhow, consider me excited for the new plans and grateful for the advance info. This certainly beats the previously announced Princess/Fairy overload

jmuboy

LEE - thanks for all the hard work and reporting.

The only question I have for now is the castle wall. Still being built or not happening?

djkidkaz

Could you imagine if this all turned out too be wrong information and tomorrow they started vertical construction on Aurora's and Cindy's houses? :ROFLOL:This place would go ape! :fork::fork::fork:

lazyboy97o

You really think most kids today have seen a nearly 70-year-old animated film beginning to end? I seriously doubt it, especially since Dumbo isn't one of Disney's more heavily-promoted films. The only place you ever see him is in the spinner ride — or the fireworks if you go to Disneyland.
I don't know, Disney has released quite a few Dumbo DVD editions over the years.

That's true, but that's because America's expansion west followed that timeline.
If I'm not mistaken, its the Imagineering Field Guide to the MK that goes into a bunch of detail on this. I do remember the pathway right about about the fort that is now occupied by the DVC stand (it's wavy gravel cement) represents the Mississippi.
So all of the architecture is a bit of both. Chronologically, Splash doesn't fit; geographically, it's rather close.
Splash Mountain does not fit chronologically or geographically. Pecos Bill Tall Tale Inn and Cafe is inscribed with the year 1878. Song of the South takes place shortly after the Civil War and Chickapin Hill is in Georgia, not the American West. While Splash Mountain does break the chrono-geographic design of Liberty Square and Frontierland, it would not exactly fit sitting in its proper place, towering over the middle of Adventureland and Frontierland.

mickey2008.1

I get the circus/dumbo relation. What circus doesnt have elephants? But what i dont get is the need for deulling dumbos, is t really that long of a wait? i never waited, so dont know. I think kids will love it, notwithstanding the clowns, which creep alot of people out. Poltergeist!!!

NoChesterHester

I get the circus/dumbo relation. What circus doesnt have elephants? But what i dont get is the need for deulling dumbos, is t really that long of a wait? i never waited, so dont know. I think kids will love it, notwithstanding the clowns, which creep alot of people out. Poltergeist!!!

L....O.....N....G..... wait. Short Ride. Crazy slow loading. The dual spinners will help tremendously.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom