What I think...as of today...for now...

IWant2GoNow

Even if the theming is great, the coaster will probably not be able to tell the STORY of Snow White the way the dark ride does. On a coaster, you move too fast to have anything other than a general sense of atmosphere and maybe some story elements connected with that (mainly in the queue more than on the ride itself!)

Even though I'm a coaster enthusiast, I liked the idea of a new Snow White ride using a flume system rather than a coaster, simply because that would work better for STORYTELLING. Look at how good the storytelling is on Splash Mountain!

The early scenes could depict the same scenes that are in the ride now. The lovely Wishing Well scene with Snow White singing "I'm Wishing", then the entrance into the castle, Magic Mirror, Transformation, Poisoned Apple, Flight Into the Forest. Then the great happy scenes of the Forest Animals and the Dwarfs' Cottage and the "Silly Song"!

Next would come Snow White eating the apple, the Mine scene, and the chase of the queen.

The drop could be the queen falling off the cliff, and there could be a happy ending show scene after the drop (as on Splash) with Snow White being awakened by the Prince, saying goodbye to the dwarfs, and living Happily Ever After! (this is my favorite scene in the current version of the MK Snow White dark ride!)

A flume system could have even EXPANDED the story compared to the dark ride, and added classic, iconic songs like "Whistle While You Work" and "Heigh Ho"!

BUT NO!

I could be wrong, but I just can't see them even getting all the story elements that are in the current ride into a coaster, now matter HOW good it is themed, and IMO that's why they should keep the current ride in ADDITION to the coaster!

It's certainly preferable to (yet another) meet and greet!
icon_wink.gif

This post is not meant to be argumentative; it's just my thoughts on why they should

SAVE SNOW WHITE'S ADVENTURES!

The "One That Started It All" and "The Fairest In The Land" deserves to keep her ride in the Magic Kingdom!

The concern is warranted, but why don't we just wait to see what kind of "coaster" this is going to be. It may be something completely new that allows the mine cars to slow down and speed up using some sort of sensor technology. My thought right now for the ride would be a tamed down version of The Mummy from UNI. Being able to slow down and stop for show scenes and then progressing quicker through more thrilling scenes then slowing back down for more story aspects and such.

I agree with you though if it is just a coaster with the SW&tSD name attached, it kinda loses appeal to me. I enjoy the story aspect also, but let's not forget about the whole story. The queue, the preshow (if there is one), the ride itself, and a possible postshow.

WDI understands the importance of story like no other group of people. I think SW is in VERY good hands.

jlg263

Out of curiosity, I want to know where they will put the stoller parking areas

As a girl who spent a good portion of a semester parking strollers in Fantasyland, I shudder at the thought... Often the skyway station couldn't even contain them all! I can only imagine what would happen if they got rid of that parking area (not that I'm saying they shouldn't, I'd much rather have attractions than parking areas). But the sad fact of the matter is there has to be a good amount of space designated for it. Maybe we should just make a themed stroller parking garage, haha.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Snow White sounds like a knee jerk reaction to a problem caused within the company. Hey ho.

Expect the M&G to indeed take over the Skyway - with iasw moving the exit and a bit of berm/building removal the Fanland/Lib transition under the Harbor House should cope with it quite well. Yes, expect to see the Harbor House bridge get a little wider somewhere down the line.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
I'm actually hoping they come up with somewhere to store some of these strollers. Maybe two or three sprinkled throughout FL. That way it's not such an eyesore.

Perhaps they can create a water feature and stroller berthing all in one:

big-stock-boat-dock-700.jpg

Next Big Thing

Snow White sounds like a knee jerk reaction to a problem caused within the company. Hey ho.

Expect the M&G to indeed take over the Skyway - with iasw moving the exit and a bit of berm/building removal the Fanland/Lib transition under the Harbor House should cope with it quite well. Yes, expect to see the Harbor House bridge get a little wider somewhere down the line.
What exactly do you mean when you say we should expect the M&G to take over the skyway? Should we expect it to be immediately and SWSA will stay or will the M&G take over SWSA first and then take over the skyway?

jt04

The "Dumbo's Circus" land was announced at D23. It's not new, nor surprising. The only change is the removal of PH, which was mostly a "Phase 2" place-holder anyway.

I see the addition of another D ticket as a huge bonus. The M&Gs will happen, the great theming and placemaking will happen. Other than some "fringe" changes to the overdone M&Gs, nothing will be lost.

Win for everybody.

And this is not WDI run by a comittee any more than it ever is.
Much of what is happening is a return to plans that predated what was announced at D23.

Dumbo was barely tolerable to me because I think it's backstory will have to be a stretch. But since it was self contained I got marginally used to the idea. But now that the circus theme seems to be taking over all of the east I think it is a massive mistake. I could go on and on about how Disney is losing the 'science' of it's theme park greatness. Splash mountain, Test Track, Dinorama etc could have been much better incorporated in another and more creative way. To me, Dumbo and circus-land will turn out to be the Dinorama of the MK.

Something is missing in all of this. Something has been lost. Creativity is dying.

mickey2008.1

This new version sounds great. adding a new ride is going to really help this area out. Not so sure about the deuling dumbos, have to wait and see. At least we fnally have something to look forward to and not keep wondering, at least I hope. Thanks for the post lee

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Dumbo was barely tolerable to me because I think it's backstory will have to be a stretch. But since it was self contained I got marginally used to the idea. But now that the circus theme seems to be taking over all of the east I think it is a massive mistake. I could go on and on about how Disney is losing the 'science' of it's theme park greatness. Splash mountain, Test Track, Dinorama etc could have been much better incorporated in another and more creative way. To me, Dumbo and circus-land will turn out to be the Dinorama of the MK.

Something is missing in all of this. Something has been lost. Creativity is dying.
It is probably just worn out from coming up with that bold new vision.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
This new version sounds great. adding a new ride is going to really help this area out. Not so sure about the deuling dumbos, have to wait and see. At least we fnally have something to look forward to and not keep wondering, at least I hope. Thanks for the post lee

Remember all this remains speculation. Nothing officially confirmed - so until they start building, plans can significantly change.

lebeau

And how is what Staggs has said any different than what Lee is posting? I do not see how the two are in opposition. What Lee is posting seems to be completely in line with what Staggs has said.

What Staggs said is 100% completely in line with what juan and lee have been telling us.

What jt interpretted into what Staggs said is at odds with reality.

Wilt Dasney

While a D-ticket is being gained an Walt original and a MK original attraction is gone not good imo.
I get where you're coming from, but even the version that opened in 1971 wasn't a Walt original, since he died before MK got down to brass tacks. The current version that replaced it around 1991 really doesn't have much of anything to do with Walt, aside from being based on his first animated feature.

ETA: I see this point was made already. That's what I get for replying as I read. :lol: :eek:

IWant2GoNow

I find a little irony in your sig. Haha.

It is a themed land... and the theme is a circus.

By that statement we could say "It's a theme park not the wild, wild west." Or "It's a theme park not Main Street."

But I still agree that if ALL of FLE East is Dumbo, it's just too much. The northern half should at least be something different, but I'm happy with the revised plan IF the plan ends up being concrete (no pun intended).

Okay... maybe a little pun intended. :eek:

GOOfy45

Banned
That is another example. DCA keeps my hope alive. Someone still gets it and evidently they still work for the mouse. So, I remain optimistic. Even when it comes to DTD.
So youre angry about an additional D ticket being added in the expansion. Splash Mountain is a great ride and how dont see how youd have a problem with that also. If its a great ride it doesnt always have to go with theming. Another reason why Disney fans are very spoiled and whiney when it comes to certain matters.

jt04

What Staggs said is 100% completely in line with what juan and lee have been telling us.

What jt interpretted into what Staggs said is at odds with reality.

You might do better by proving what you are talking about with actual facts. :lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom