What I think...as of today...for now...

jt04

So youre angry about an additional D ticket being added in the expansion. Splash Mountain is a great ride and how dont see how youd have a problem with that also. If its a great ride it doesnt always have to go with theming. Another reason why Disney fans are very spoiled and whiney when it comes to certain matters.

Splash is not exactly part of the old West.

I'm all for a runaway mine train but not at the expense or cheapening of what has been announced. I accept Lee's word the quality will be retained. Circus-land? Yeah that I am concerned about.

PS- I don't get angry per se. Just concerned. :wave:

lebeau

I have done so twice. I don't revisit what has already been dealt with. Don't have the time. Moving on.

Anyone else seen these points? I know I missed 'em. :shrug:

If you can be bothered to point them out, I'll be more than happy to refute whatever points you made.

But since what Staggs said is in complete agreement with what we are now being told by our insiders and our insiders are alos all backing each other up while discrediting you, I won't hold my breath.

Move along. :wave:

GOOfy45

Banned
Splash is not exactly part of the old West.

I'm all for a runaway mine train but not at the expense or cheapening of what has been announced. I accept Lee's word the quality will be retained. Circus-land? Yeah that I am concerned about.

PS- I don't get angry per se. Just concerned. :wave:
But dont you fit the definition of a circus per se?

jt04

I find a little irony in your sig. Haha.

It is a themed land... and the theme is a circus.

By that statement we could say "It's a theme park not the wild, wild west." Or "It's a theme park not Main Street."

But I still agree that if ALL of FLE East is Dumbo, it's just too much. The northern half should at least be something different, but I'm happy with the revised plan IF the plan ends up being concrete (no pun intended).

Okay... maybe a little pun intended. :eek:

This is what is being lost in all of this potentially. MSUSA has a cohesiveness. Frontierland has a cohesiveness that was compromised by Splash. Future World has had it's back story gutted to the point of near incoherence. The SSE refurb was a step in the right direction. But the momentum is tenuous at best. It really depends on how Staggs views the parks. If he gets the Disney difference everything will be OK. If not, the parks will become more like Six Flags. That would be too bad.

Lee

Adventurer
Original Poster
Update:
It has been pointed out to me that the possibility exists that SWSA may remain. In that scenario, the Princi would move to Expo Hall temporarily until a permanent home at Skyway is ready.
I'm trying to balance that with the SWSA info, which seems pretty solid.

Keep both possibilities in mind.

jt04

Update:
It has been pointed out to me that the possibility exists that SWSA may remain. In that scenario, the Princi would move to Expo Hall temporarily until a permanent home at Skyway is ready.
I'm trying to balance that with the SWSA info, which seems pretty solid.

Keep both possibilities in mind.

I just don't see more than one m&g going to skyway. Something wrong in the idea that is becomming a mega m&g. It makes no sense unless they are removing/replacing the building.

WishIwasThere

Wow...12 pages in less than 12 hours. Anyway I say yeah to the change. Wasn't too thrilled with the overly themed M&Gs. Thanks for the info Lee.

IWant2GoNow

This is what is being lost in all of this potentially. MSUSA has a cohesiveness. Frontierland has a cohesiveness that was compromised by Splash. Future World has had it's back story gutted to the point of near incoherence. The SSE refurb was a step in the right direction. But the momentum is tenuous at best. It really depends on how Staggs views the parks. If he gets the Disney difference everything will be OK. If not, the parks will become more like Six Flags. That would be too bad.

They can't really ruin the cohesiveness of something that doesn't exist. We'll have to decide whether Circusville fits once it is done and able to be experienced.

I agree with the posters on here who have general concerns of this being C&H 2.0 and I just pray that they know better than to cheese this up. I'm actually a little excited about the cirucs part... IF they do it correctly. I haven't been to a circus since I was a little kid and don't know of too many left. If Disney captures that feeling without making it cheesy or a complete eyesore, I'll be very satisfied.

Pete C

Lee, thank you much for this information and I now have rejuvenated anticipation for this expansion. Before, with a Little Mermaid dark ride as the only actual new ride I was lukewarm on the whole thing. I mean, I would love to see all the beautiful theming they had planned, but a bunch of themed meet and greets? Now THAT is going cheap IMO. A coaster is a much more expensive endeavor! Now with 2 rides planned, this land could be something good...something that can actually soak up some crowd. A mine car type ride is perfect for the Magic Kingdom, and with a great theme it sounds. I'd kill for them to install a themed Gerstlauer Bobsled coaster...that would fit the bill.

jt04

They can't really ruin the cohesiveness of something that doesn't exist. We'll have to decide whether Circusville fits once it is done and able to be experienced.

I agree with the posters on here who have general concerns of this being C&H 2.0 and I just pray that they know better than to cheese this up. I'm actually a little excited about the cirucs part... IF they do it correctly. I haven't been to a circus since I was a little kid and don't know of too many left. If Disney captures that feeling without making it cheesy or a complete eyesore, I'll be very satisfied.

I don't see how it works, and I have a vivid imagination. Fortunately Steve seemed to hint the circus idea may still be looked at. So, we shall see. I am so looking forward to the next year as I think Disney will ultimately get this right.:D Plus the other additions. :zipit:

ToTBellHop

I don't see how it works, and I have a vivid imagination. Fortunately Steve seemed to hint the circus idea may still be looked at. So, we shall see. I am so looking forward to the next year as I think Disney will ultimately get this right.:D Plus the other additions. :zipit:

Luckily, the folks at WDI have far more vivid imaginations than you.

Even before these rumors emerged, folks had said we wouldn't be WOWed by FL East, and we aren't. It's a placeholder. As a placeholder, I don't understand how a circus mini-land is any better or worse than a country fair mini-land. It seems to me the FL East area is only marginally changing now, while FL West changes tremendously. $300 million can only do so much. The old FLE plan involved a lot of crap. This new plan, for the same amount of money, gives us fewer overall "attractions", but what we are getting is of great quality, will greatly increase capacity, will be more family-friendly, and will look...nice.

jt04

Luckily, the folks at WDI have far more vivid imaginations than you.

Even before these rumors emerged, folks had said we wouldn't be WOWed by FL East, and we aren't. It's a placeholder. As a placeholder, I don't understand how a circus mini-land is any better or worse than a country fair mini-land. It seems to me the FL East area is only marginally changing now, while FL West changes tremendously. $300 million can only do so much. The old FLE plan involved a lot of crap. This new plan, for the same amount of money, gives us fewer overall "attractions", but what we are getting is of great quality, will greatly increase capacity, will be more family-friendly, and will look...nice.

Really? You seem to have better sources than Lee. Can you share some of the artwork.

If WDI is being micromanaged (as happens all too often) than it does not matter how vivid their imaginations are, we will end up with another Dinorama. Dinorama is a perfect example of what happens when management dictates to WDI. You only end up with make-up on a pig. It is quality make-up but it is still a pig.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom