What I think...as of today...for now...

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
They could always freshen up the houses and retheme TTF to just TT and then say "The Circus has come to Toon Town!". :shrug:

Could be why we haven't heard what is replacing TTF/the old Dumbo location.

I for one wouldn't mind if the houses stayed and the tents got a nice sprucing up. I've never had any issues with TT, and don't see why it can't be incorporated into the FLE.....

IWant2GoNow

I for one wouldn't mind if the houses stayed and the tents got a nice sprucing up. I've never had any issues with TT, and don't see why it can't be incorporated into the FLE.....

I don't really mind it at all. Honestly I think I've only walked through it once. But pretty soon we'll be taking our son and he's excited to see where Mickey Mouse lives. But if it's gone by the time we go, then so be it. He's actually more excited about SWW than anything. So hopefully we can plan a trip during that month.

Orpheus7696

I am a bit offended to foxrcr54 about the stroller issue. First I have 4 small children so how am I to hold them while at WDW for 7 days. You act like WDW is only for single people without kids. What a stupid statement!!

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
I am a bit offended to foxrcr54 about the stroller issue. First I have 4 small children so how am I to hold them while at WDW for 7 days. You act like WDW is only for single people without kids. What a stupid statement!!

Understandable. But I think you might have put this in the wrong thread? :shrug: :)

BrerFrog

I guess that depends on where exactly Dumbo is going. The houses could stay if they aren't right in the middle of circusland.

_Scar

Why can't your kids... I don't know... walk? :p

:lookaroun They can't ALL be very young babies (or maybe they could be) :shrug:

Strollers don't really bother me tho

:lol:

jt04

This. x1000. Win.

Juan, I have to say that this is one of the coolest ideas I've ever seen on these boards. What a neat idea!

You're really prone to moodswings, aren't you? And hyperbole? And hyperbolic mood swings?

And then they could have Fire Mountain AND Bald Mountain, and Mr. Toad with the Pinocchio dark ride on the second floor, AND Alice in Wonderland in place of the old french fry stand. You're right - this is going to be the greatest expansion OF ALL TIME!!!

Could you formulate this into a sensible question? I'b be happy to answer.

MMFanCipher

I've read all 55 pages!!! Woo Hoo!!! So exciting!

But seriously, if the dueling Dumbos are going South of the Barnstormer then couldn't they at least leave Mickey and Minnie's houses alone and clear out the rest of the tents? Maybe even leave Donald's splash area there too?
:shrug:

BrerFrog

But seriously, if the dueling Dumbos are going South of the Barnstormer then couldn't they at least leave Mickey and Minnie's houses alone and clear out the rest of the tents? Maybe even leave Donald's splash area there too?

Maybe they could overhaul the playground so that kids can spend more than five minutes in there without getting bored.

jt04

Because a toontown or circus or any pixar franchise (up to this point at least) has no connection thematically to a European based "Fantasyland Forest" concept that they are creating.

Nothing.

And any backstory they conjure to justify such a hideous 'mash-up' will be hopelessly derivative IMO. :brick:

We are potentially on the verge of being stuck with Dinorama II :hurl:

And then it is too late. Because "temporary" in mouse language means nearly a half century. :dazzle:

bauton

To fit a hill into the coaster it would make the most sense to have it to wards the end of the ride. You could be going up the lift hill with the drawves as they are chasing the snow hag. At the top of the hill she would be trying to drop the rock on you. You would have the lightning flash as you top the hill and your train would go down the hill into some sort of happily ever after theme to the sound of the snow hag's scream.

SosoDude

Because a toontown or circus or any pixar franchise (up to this point at least) has no connection thematically to a European based "Fantasyland Forest" concept that they are creating.

Nothing.

And any backstory they conjure to justify such a hideous 'mash-up' will be hopelessly derivative IMO. :brick:

And then it is too late. Because "temporary" in mouse language means nearly a half century. :dazzle:

I guess Europe never had a circus. :hammer:

jt04

I guess Europe never had a circus. :hammer:

Not one that draws so heavily on 'americana'. It's as if they are proposing taking a piece of MSUSA and putting it in Adventureland. That would be a creative failure and speaks to either a lack of vision or TDO going cheap again.

Now if they created an old fashioned medieval faire land I'd be fine with it. Especially if the theme was removed from Fantasyland 'proper' as they are so beautifully doing at the Pooh show building. I've seen some recent pics and that is going to meet the highest expectations around here. Stunning!:)

BrerFrog

Nothing.

When you talked about poor backstory I automatically thought of Dinorama. :lol:

I don't think it is going to happen, though.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
Circuses and traveling carnivals have existed in Europe since the Roman Age. Dumbo will fit in fine with the rest of the FLE.....

jt04

Circuses and traveling carnivals have existed in Europe since the Roman Age. Dumbo will fit in fine with the rest of the FLE.....

It can but the question is will it? It is somewhat a world unto itself and it could even work as an american traveling circus in Europe as I have said before. When I complain about a "circusland" it is the fear they will turn the current toontown and all of FL east into a giant circus themed land without respect to the emerging transformation/backstory of FL.

This would definitely be the easy and cheap way to do things and if they do we would be stuck with it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom