What I think...as of today...for now...

Skyway

It looks like the Skyway area could be expanded a bit if they were able to close off that service road between HM and IASW.

Can anyone tell from the blueprints if there is an alternate service road in the FLE that would allow vehicle access between backstage and onstage?

EPCOTCenterLover

All this sounds terrific!
Seems like the suits are thinking:
Barnstormer as first coaster for the kids. They can see the whole thing in action and decide to ride it or not.
SW coaster- 2nd step in intensity. Probably mostly or all indoors. More thrilling than Barnstormer, but not BTMRR.
Next, BTMRR. More thrilling than SW.
Then Space Mountain- more intense- and totally in the dark.

_Scar

I wonder if they will just make Dumbo's miniland an actual land so they won't have the displeasure of changing the greeting from "7 lands" to "6 lands" lol!

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
I wonder if they will just make Dumbo's miniland an actual land so they won't have the displeasure of changing the greeting from "7 lands" to "6 lands" lol!

I sort of wondered the same, then I realized they would have to change the maps over anyway..... :)

Daannzzz

It looks like (from an over head view) the Skyway area has quite a bit of space. If they demolish the Skyway building (or incoporate it into a new one) along with excavating some of the berm holding the trees that hide the Haunted mansion building, they could get a nice size two or three level building. The lowest level could be the entrance to the Princess M&G the leads (via ramps) up to the other levels, but the main portion of the lower level could be stroller parking for iasw and the m&g. The trees and bushes behind the buildings would remain, probably requiring some denser plantings to keep the division of the lands intact.

IWant2GoNow

If they did change it we wouldn't have to listen to that JT character complaining that it doesn't fit in FL.

I believe jt feels that it just doesn't fit WDW.

I'm willing to wait to see what it looks like and what it feels like first. It's not my first pick for a land but I kinda like the idea. I just hope they don't make it cheap and cheesy. Two "C"s they need to stay away from.

Mr. Spock

I believe jt feels that it just doesn't fit WDW.

I'm willing to wait to see what it looks like and what it feels like first. It's not my first pick for a land but I kinda like the idea. I just hope they don't make it cheap and cheesy. Two "C"s they need to stay away from.

How does a Dumbo land not fit in WDW?

MiklCraw4d

I do not see this as an improvement on what was promised at the D23 Expo. Especially the overwhelmingly derivative circus-land.

Seriously, this is not better and this is what happens when WDI gets run by committee. Everyone thinks they can out "WDI" WDI. But it never improves the product. You see this same mindset in the movie business. George Lucas created his own studio because of it.

Suits. :rolleyes:

How the eff does the circus area differ from what was shown at D23? Look at the D23 artwork - there's a Casey Jr. that looks like a food cart! It's all there in those renderings. We've know for a LONG time now that Pixie Hollow was gone, and it's been even longer since they mentioned in twenty-three magazine that the coaster was probably going to be circus-themed to match the spinners. So how the eff are these circus plans any different/worse?

I'm not sure what you mean by WDI trying to out-WDI WDI, but citing George Lucas as a bastion of creative independence leading to artistic triumph does not help your case.

Magenta Panther

Stroller jokes never get old. Mostly because the entire Disney stroller situation is one of the biggest jokes going.

/Yes, I'm old enough to remember when every family didn't push two SUVs around the park and it didn't look like this ...

316796339_4d6a2e29bb.jpg

Tokyo+Disney+Stroller+03.JPG

Isn't that just awful? How did people manage before the strollers took over?

foxrcr54

its the same parents that are afraid to hold their kids and have that odd looking kangaroo pouch holder thingy strapped to their chest.

And also the same parents that drag their little ones out till 2am during extra magic hours at magic kingdom just because "its open" and "they paid for it".

And that's all I will say on that.

IWant2GoNow

How does a Dumbo land not fit in WDW?

Got me. :shrug:

Like I said, if they do it right I think it will be cool. If they fail at it then all they did was create a larger TTF and add the Dumbo spinners.

I don't want to speak for jt, he does plenty of that on his own, but I believe he just wants TTF's concept gone. And instead of replacing that with a themed PH, they are just adding to the tents and keeping TTF... for now.

I really don't think he has a problem with how Dumbo was portrayed at D23 because it was a much smaller area of circus stuff. But now it seems it will be much, much larger. And in his opinion, it's too much.

Sorry, jt. Didn't mean to try and speak for you.

David S.

Got me. :shrug:

Like I said, if they do it right I think it will be cool. If they fail at it then all they did was create a larger TTF and add the Dumbo spinners.

I don't want to speak for jt, he does plenty of that on his own, but I believe he just wants TTF's concept gone. And instead of replacing that with a themed PH, they are just adding to the tents and keeping TTF... for now.

I thought TTF was closing. I'd love for it could stay, though, as I really enjoy Mickey's House and Minnie's House!

_Scar

There used to be rumblings that the ouses would be moved to a different area or park. You never know! They're pretty popular.

IWant2GoNow

There used to be rumblings that the ouses would be moved to a different area or park. You never know! They're pretty popular.

They could always freshen up the houses and retheme TTF to just TT and then say "The Circus has come to Toon Town!". :shrug:

Could be why we haven't heard what is replacing TTF/the old Dumbo location.

MiklCraw4d

Just admit that this bothers you because you have publicly made so many comments about this Meet & Greet complex was part of Disney's plan to more firmly focus on families with young children, and that the removal of this as a large complex just shows your guess was wrong. You would not be in this position if you did not spend so much time portraying your opinions as fact.

The Dumbo area has always been in the plans, always. The stationary Casey Jr was in the blueprints. The clown coaster speculated to be the aerial drawing.

This. x1000. Win.

Juan, I have to say that this is one of the coolest ideas I've ever seen on these boards. What a neat idea!

Oh yeah P-O-T-T-E-R S-W-A-T-T-E-R under construction.

You're really prone to moodswings, aren't you? And hyperbole? And hyperbolic mood swings?

They should be. This has major E ticket potential. I'm talking right up there with PotC and HM. The complex could include the mine ride, an Aurora walk-through also at utilidor level, above ground the Aurora mill/m&g, the BBB store, and a Cindy m&g in the chateau. That would equal potter swatter by my amateur "outside looking in" estimation.

And then they still have the old SWSA to repurpose. Faints. :dazzle:

And then they could have Fire Mountain AND Bald Mountain, and Mr. Toad with the Pinocchio dark ride on the second floor, AND Alice in Wonderland in place of the old french fry stand. You're right - this is going to be the greatest expansion OF ALL TIME!!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom