What happens to the 3d glasses after each show?

Erika

Well since that's the best comparison you can come up with, I think you're supporting my point. What you are referring to is a scientific fact. To claim to be able to state, with 100% certainty, something about the actions of others, all the time, is not the same thing as something that has been proven scientifically. Human beings (in this case, CMs who are responsible for following a process set by Disney) are unpredictable. The earth revolving around the sun is not.

I think we're getting a little off track, folks.

dolbyman

I wonder what the percentage is of people that keep their glasses after a show?

a low single digit percentage .. everything over it would disney force to check it better I guess .. (just imagine 15% would take them ... so with 300 peeps filled in the theater each time a show runs 45 pairs of glasses are taken away .. )

andI guess most peeps realize what senseless souvenir they are :shrug:

SteveUK

Wow, I'm impressed. If I hadn't witnessed it for myself I wouldn't believe that even we, the members of this forum could manage to cram in as many pointless, inane, ill-informed and frankly childish arguments into one thread. Well done everybody. I'm sure the mods are proud.

The first concerning point I would like to make a non-judgmental/offensive, comment on is the number of posts simply trying to contradict another with increasing tedious and pointless logic. I agree that technically it would be possible for a cast member to breach protocol and re-use glasses. As I cannot watch them all every day, I cannot give an accurate assurance. I do struggle to understand why it is felt to be such an issue however to justify the debate and disagreement it has sparked.

So, do they re-use glasses? Probably not, but I think we have established it is technically possible. Which leads to my second point of - I don't care if they do. I cannot imagine being so paranoid as to be reluctant to place a piece of plastic on my face which may have been near another unclean/infected/contagious human being! I spend my working life dealing with homeless people/intravenous drug users/drunk and incontinent people. I manage to sit in prison cells and interview such people without coming home everyday with the plague. Are people here really trying to tell me I am at any kind of significant level of risk from a pair of plastic glasses? Are we losing some sense of perspective somewhere?

mickster

Not sanatizing them, and having you put on a pair "dirty" of glasses.
Then you getting a cold, blaming the glasses and suing them for a miilion bucks.
That is what I call a risk.

Well if that's something you call a risk, then I would strongly advise against you ever going into business. I doubt Disney is too terribly concerned about someone suing them for "millions of dollars" over catching a cold. :rolleyes:

Arguing for the sake of arguig achieves NOTHING.

Let the paranoid folks believe what they want regarding the "unsanitized use of 3d glasses." And let the people who have actually worked those locations have their $0.02. Going on and on in circular logic is really just getting annoying.

So here's what the thread has boiled down to. SOP for Disney's 3D glasses-related shows is to clean each pair after each use.

There. Acceptable?

Wilt Dasney

What the....

When you pick up your glasses for a show the glasses are sitting in a tray. The glasses come FROM the cleaners in the exact same trays. The glasses don't have to be touched at all on their way from the cleaner to the guest's hand. To get dirty glasses back to the guests the cast member would need to empty the bag of dirty glasses, stack them all in a nice neat row, put them in an empty tray, and take the empty tray out to the guests. Seems like a lot of extra work to me. Maybe you could make the arguement that someone is TRYING to get you sick, but it's hardly easier or faster to pass out dirty glasses then to just grab a full tray of clean ones sitting there ready to go.

For what reason this is an argument I'm not sure, but I think this is the best post on the matter so far. Is it possible that someone could get re-used glasses? Of course. It's also possible that Jackson State could win the NCAA Tournament. Is it likely, based on all the extra effort it would entail? Plain and simple, no.

So let's take all our finely honed debating skills and put them to work on the Israeli-Palestinian conflict or making Social Security solvent for the next generation. I think the glasses question has been pretty much settled.

MouseMadness

For what reason this is an argument I'm not sure, but I think this is the best post on the matter so far. Is it possible that someone could get re-used glasses? Of course. It's also possible that Jackson State could win the NCAA Tournament. Is it likely, based on all the extra effort it would entail? Plain and simple, no.

So let's take all our finely honed debating skills and put them to work on the Israeli-Palestinian conflict or making Social Security solvent for the next generation. I think the glasses question has been pretty much settled.

*blink*

Where

have you

BEEN?!!

:lol: :lookaroun

PurpleDragon

I think its hilarious that this thread has spiraled out of controll the way it has.

But sadly enough for many germaphobes, even the possibility that glasses could be reused, is enough to strike the fear of death in them and they will fight tooth and nail to prove the possibility exists and that someone will make their worst fears come true at somepoint. Even if to do so was completely illogical and improbable. :rolleyes:

Legacy

But I don't think we can discuss those things on this site... :lookaroun

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
But I don't think we can discuss those things on this site... :lookaroun

What?? despite Palestinian born Israelis using their social security to fund Disney visits where they pool hop, use old resort mugs while walking around sans knickers talking loudly about how badly the haunted mansion needs the holiday make over, before heading off to the AK as its only a half day park.

scottnj1966

I am sure the same thing happens like at Disney Quest. They spray them down and clean them. At Disney Quest they do it right in front of you on Aladdin.
At the parks the sheer number of them I assume they have a machine that does it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom