What happens to the 3d glasses after each show?

I guess some people are just too retentive to enjoy Disney. :rolleyes:

Actually - I am a major germ a phobe at home. My daughter has a blood disorder can pop up after she has a virus and it can become fairly serious so I watch her every move when we are out at restaurants,etc. But when we visit the mouse we just enjoy ourselves. If I worried about every source of germs there we would never visit :kiss:

It's just not worth it. We are there to have fun and blot out reality. I works very well for us and we can't wait to get back :sohappy:

justducky78

I'm usually a germaphobe, too, but I've never worried about the glasses. I had always assumed Disney cleaned them, since we had to dump them in bins as we left. Disney is usually pretty good about stuff like that.

Scar Junior

I can only speak for Muppet Vision, but I imagine the process is the same for all the 3-D movies minus Honey I Shrunk the Audience. They're removed from the buckets at the exit after each show and get sorted and boxed up in trays. These get driven to the Imagination pavillion at Epcot each morning for cleaning where new glasses for the day are picked up.

I worked at its tough to be a bug on my Spring 2003 CP.... and yep, same process.

Scar Junior

I've seen guests walking around the parks with them.

I've also seen CM from other attractions confiscate them.

We were always told that we should take the glasses from the guests because - more important than the loss of the pair - people can get serious eye damage from wearing them in the sun. They fear being sued over this. Who knows the validity of this claim, but that's what my managers at the Tree of Life said.

PS. Sorry for the double post.

chucknstuff

I have seen security take them as you exit the park. Some people think that they can put them on as they leave the park. I saw one family get 5 pairs taken out of their bag once when they were park hopping from Epcot to MK. She tried to explain they were sunglasses to the Security gal who searched her bag at the entrance.

dolbyman

beside that stealing those glasses is no fun .... what do people want with those ?

the have no sunscreen effect (thats why they probably might damage their eyes when they wear them like sunglasses)

you can't recreate 3D at home with them (unless you have a timed 3d source of the videos and two synced ploarized projectors :lol: )

and just for nostalgica .. there's nothing printed on them ...nobody will know it's a "treasure" from disney

for disne sunglasses just visit the in park souvenir shops they have better stuff (to buy not to steal :ROFLOL: )

PBarton

sometimes those glasses are wet(drips) when you get them .. so I thought they have some sort of quick/modified dishwasher to clean them :shrug:
Yeah, I have noticed to droplets of water on the lenses before. I always presumed that it was a residue from water effects used in the shows such as the acid spray in Tough to be a Bug or the Sneezing Dog in HISTAfrom earlier shows - thinking that the glasses were re-used.

I now stand corrected!

I wouldn't worry about germs on the glasses.... the headphones over at Sounds Dangerous are far more disgusting! Makes me itch thinking about them!

:eek: :hurl:

Laura

Premium Member
Oh man... the number of people who pass through those gates every day, a good lot of whom are CHILDREN!! :dazzle: It's like bathing in germs just to walk around, I'm sure. :lol: :lookaroun

Imagine those drooly toddlers...the ones who usually have a half eaten cracker in their hands and mooshy cracker drool running down their face and all over their clothes...and they run around touching EVERYTHING, leaving smears of the cracker drool on everything they touch. Meanwhile the parents think it's adorable. Usually these are the same toddlers with snot that's been running down their faces for so many hours that it's formed a thick crust all over their nose and chin. :hurl:

Imagine how many things you touch at Disney that those yucky toddlers have touched before you. Walls, railings, lap bars, door handles...

And people are worried about some germs on 3D glasses? :lol:

WDWFigment

Imagine those drooly toddlers...the ones who usually have a half eaten cracker in their hands and mooshy cracker drool running down their face and all over their clothes...and they run around touching EVERYTHING, leaving smears of the cracker drool on everything they touch. Meanwhile the parents think it's adorable. Usually these are the same toddlers with snot that's been running down their faces for so many hours that it's formed a thick crust all over their nose and chin. :hurl:

Imagine how many things you touch at Disney that those yucky toddlers have touched before you. Walls, railings, lap bars, door handles...

I thank you for that great mental image.

I think some people just like to steal things, or don't understand the glasses are useless. No other explanation for why they'd take them.

teebin

ive only seen the cms out there to retrieve the bags of used glasses, never saw them stopping anyone taking them. ive rarely seen that happen.

when next i go, im going to try and use the glasses i got when i saw the 3-D version of nightmare before christmas.

um, that won't work. NBxMas uses Digital 3D which incorporates 'circular' polarization and a shuttered projection system only mountable in Digital Projection movie theaters. All 3D movies at Disney to date use opposing 'angular' polarization.

PurpleDragon

And you all know when the entrance runs out, they just dump the bin from the exit into the entrance. :hurl:

Wow don't you love it when people make broad assumptions and accusations with no proof or facts to back up their wild accusations? :rolleyes:

It was already stated that the glasses were cleaned each night and never reused more than once in the same day without being cleaned again. :brick:

yazmin182

And people are worried about some germs on 3D glasses? :lol:

looool, so true! Thanks for that.

Anyway, I always thought the glasses weren't cleaned and I didn't really care. But thanks for clearing that up that they do get cleaned.

mitchk

I once walked out of Muppet Vision with my 3-D glasses. I was preoccupied watching the effects reset (arrows retracting back into the walls, the chef spinning around to set up for the next show, and the blow up theater effect returning back to a normal theater setting), and I left them sitting on top of my head. I realized they were on my head by the time I got to Mama Melrose for dinner. I went looking for a CM, and when I found one I tried to return the glasses to him, and asked if I should just run back to the Muppet exit, and return them, he replied "Just keep them as a souvenir" So I did, but hey, at least I tried to return them :)

Brian_B

Hey Head Mouse, unless you don't touch ANY hand grips on any of the rides you go on (splash, TOT, RNR, SM, etc), stay at least 2 miles from any pool on property, magically hover your food so it touches neither plastic tray nor tabletop, keep a handkerchief in your pocket for doorhandles, and go to the bathroom in your pants instead of using the toilets in the parks, YOU'RE EXPOSING YOURSELF TO MILLIONS OF GERMS AT DISNEY OR ANYWHERE ELSE.

Maybe you're trolling, in which case I say kudos. Or perhaps you are a fool.

:wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom