What happens to the 3d glasses after each show?

mickster

Wow don't you love it when people make broad assumptions and accusations with no proof or facts to back up their wild accusations? :rolleyes:

It was already stated that the glasses were cleaned each night and never reused more than once in the same day without being cleaned again. :brick:

Personally, I wouldn't consider Head Mouse's statement to be a "wild accusation" at all. I think it's an extremely believable, and quite likely, scenario.

SallyShine

Last spring break my whole family got sick. One after the next. I never thought too much about germs before, but I do now. That wouldn't stop me from doing everything we want to do, but I will make sure we disinfect afterwards.

mickster

Actually I can assure you with 100% certainty that does not happen. Having worked at a 3D attraction I know the process well.

Considering you've only worked at one of the 4 attractions, and the fact that you apparently no longer even work at that one, then there's really no way you can "assure us with 100% certainty" can you? In fact, the only way you could do that would be if you could be in all 4 places at once, all day long, every day. With that being an obvious impossibility, all you can really "assure" us of is that you know how the process is supposed to work. That doesn't mean there haven't been the occasional CMs who took it upon themselves to bypass that process. It would sure be easier and save time for the CMs.

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
Considering you've only worked at one of the 4 attractions, and the fact that you apparently no longer even work at that one, then there's really no way you can "assure us with 100% certainty" can you? In fact, the only way you could do that would be if you could be in all 4 places at once, all day long, every day. With that being an obvious impossibility, all you can really "assure" us of is that you know how the process is supposed to work. That doesn't mean there haven't been the occasional CMs who took it upon themselves to bypass that process. It would sure be easier and save time for the CMs.
Paranoia becomes you. :rolleyes:

The sun rises every morning without fail, but because I occasionally sleep in, I am thereby 100% unqualified to make that statement.

MouseMadness

Imagine those drooly toddlers...the ones who usually have a half eaten cracker in their hands and mooshy cracker drool running down their face and all over their clothes...and they run around touching EVERYTHING, leaving smears of the cracker drool on everything they touch. Meanwhile the parents think it's adorable. Usually these are the same toddlers with snot that's been running down their faces for so many hours that it's formed a thick crust all over their nose and chin. :hurl:

Imagine how many things you touch at Disney that those yucky toddlers have touched before you. Walls, railings, lap bars, door handles...

And people are worried about some germs on 3D glasses? :lol:

:ROFLOL:

There was a lady I just had to stop going to playdates with because her kids grossed me out so bad. :hurl: :lol: :lookaroun

He was forever snotty nosed, and then one day we were at at McDonald's playplace (a germaphobes nightmare) and the kid.... TWICE... had to be stopped from LICKING the garbage can.

It was so vile.

mickster

The sun rises every morning without fail, but because I occasionally sleep in, I am thereby 100% unqualified to make that statement.

Well since that's the best comparison you can come up with, I think you're supporting my point. What you are referring to is a scientific fact. To claim to be able to state, with 100% certainty, something about the actions of others, all the time, is not the same thing as something that has been proven scientifically. Human beings (in this case, CMs who are responsible for following a process set by Disney) are unpredictable. The earth revolving around the sun is not.

no2apprentice

That doesn't mean there haven't been the occasional CMs who took it upon themselves to bypass that process. It would sure be easier and save time for the CMs.

I can't resist.

Actually, that argument has no merit, because peter11435 gives us first hand observation of what happens at one location. His observation (unless you want to call him a liar) is first hand eye witness information, which is factual observation. It is more likely to believe that what peter reports occurs at all locations, because no one has reported any first hand observation that the CM's do anything improper at any of the locations. That proposal is only pure speculation, without any factual support. Peter's reporting of what he observed has the greater preponderance of evidence.

:D

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
I can't resist.

Actually, that argument has no merit, because peter11435 gives us first hand observation of what happens at one location. His observation (unless you want to call him a liar) is first hand eye witness information, which is factual observation. It is more likely to believe that what peter reports occurs at all locations, because no one has reported any first hand observation that the CM's do anything improper at any of the locations. That proposal is only pure speculation, without any factual support. Peter's reporting of what he observed has the greater preponderance of evidence.

:D

Exactly.

And why would a cast member risk termination for breach of protocol in order to save time for some other cast member that they have probably never even met !?

Scooter

MAYBE.... some people do this:

Sweat in the 3D glasses, chew on them, have their kids rub their snotty noses and cracker slobber on them...then after the show, they KEEP their 3D glasses, then go around and see that particular 3D attraction AGAIN, get NEW 3D glasses, and put their used Nasty 3D glasses back in with the NEW Glasses.

Hey...it could happen.:lol:

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
Well since that's the best comparison you can come up with, I think you're supporting my point. What you are referring to is a scientific fact. To claim to be able to state, with 100% certainty, something about the actions of others, all the time, is not the same thing as something that has been proven scientifically. Human beings (in this case, CMs who are responsible for following a process set by Disney) are unpredictable. The earth revolving around the sun is not.
If you for a moment think that I'm supportive of your twisted conspiracy-theory lack of logic then you are either significantly more delusional than I gave you credit for, or are just belabouring your ludicrous argument to perpetuate riling up other forums members.

Neither of which says much for you.

animay

What the....

When you pick up your glasses for a show the glasses are sitting in a tray. The glasses come FROM the cleaners in the exact same trays. The glasses don't have to be touched at all on their way from the cleaner to the guest's hand. To get dirty glasses back to the guests the cast member would need to empty the bag of dirty glasses, stack them all in a nice neat row, put them in an empty tray, and take the empty tray out to the guests. Seems like a lot of extra work to me. Maybe you could make the arguement that someone is TRYING to get you sick, but it's hardly easier or faster to pass out dirty glasses then to just grab a full tray of clean ones sitting there ready to go.

Laura

Premium Member
What the....

When you pick up your glasses for a show they glasses are sitting in a tray. The glasses come FROM the cleaners in the exact same trays. The glasses don't have to be touched at all on their way from the cleaner to the guest's hand. To get dirty glasses back to the guests the cast member would need to empty the bag of dirty glasses, stack them all in a nice neat row, put them in an empty tray, and take the empty tray out to the guests. Seems like a lot of extra work to me. Maybe you could make the arguement that someone is TRYING to get you sick, but it's hardly easier or faster to pass out dirty glasses then to just grab a full tray of clean ones sitting there ready to go.

See that's what happens when you use your WHOLE brain! :lol: :sohappy:

sillyspook13

I, too, have packed up enough bug eyes to verify that they are cleaned after every use. We have more than enough for every guest, all day, even on days with record-breaking attendance. How would we save time by repacking the dirty glasses when the clean ones are already there?

I would lick the bug eyes.:slurp:

Hi, Peter11435!:wave:

peter11435

I, too, have packed up enough bug eyes to verify that they are cleaned after every use. We have more than enough for every guest, all day, even on days with record-breaking attendance. How would we save time by repacking the dirty glasses when the clean ones are already there?

I would lick the bug eyes.:slurp:

Hi, Peter11435!:wave:
Hi sillyspook13!

I too would lick a bug eye.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom